Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Scottish Open Last 64 + Held Over last 128 !!!

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Ding is done, been that way for a while now, shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.

I don't believe that, I refuse to believe that.

He's still not too old, he may have a few titles left in him. But probably needs a coach, or someone like Steve Peters to help him on the mental side of things. He can still become world champion.

Isn't he about the same age Hendry started to seriously decline? Could happen. Hope it doesn't though.

Postby TheSaviour

What a sad little sod and hammer and John Higgins - lookalike Lee Walker playing. AND MASTERING all the things. Can´t believe people have any faith on him. A few years ago he used to be something of a solid but not anymore. He´s the master these days.

Means his ou straight away.

What a sad little sods and hammers once again playing.

A weak means life. Once again. Or finally?

Just stop bothering me with all these people, finally? Can u understand this? Why are u doing this to me?

What a sad little hammers. And can´t wait seeing Lee Walker playing his first ranking tourmanet - final.

Can´t u comprehend any sense of humour? Seriouslu, what´s worng with all of you??

Postby Juddernaut88

Schedule for today:
Tuesday 7th December
10:00
Xiao Gudong vs Duane Jones
Mark Davis vs Tom Ford
Stephen Maguire vs Sunny Akani
Robbie Williams vs Lei Peifan
13:00
Mark Selby vs Oliver Lines
Anthony McGill vs Chris Wakelin
Ben Woollaston vs Sanderson Lam
Pang Junxu vs Iulian Boiko
Followed by:
Jimmy Robertson vs Lee Walker
Luca Brecel vs Joe Perry
Matthew Selt vs Andrew Higginson
Si Jiahui vs Ben Hancorn

19:00
Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Michael Georgiou
Scott Donaldson vs Steven Hallworth
Stuart Carrington vs Jamie Jones
Ryan Day vs Gao Yang
Followed by:
Kyren Wilson vs Fergal O'Brien
Gary Wilson vs Anthony Hamilton
Jackson Page vs Michael Judge
David Gilbert vs Chang Bingyu

Postby mick745

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Ding is done, been that way for a while now, shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.

I don't believe that, I refuse to believe that.

He's still not too old, he may have a few titles left in him. But probably needs a coach, or someone like Steve Peters to help him on the mental side of things. He can still become world champion.

Isn't he about the same age Hendry started to seriously decline? Could happen. Hope it doesn't though.

No longer being chinese number 1 might relieve some of the pressure he had on him, the weight of expectation of a whole nation, he might prefer being under the radar a bit.

But he has never really found the Crucible to his liking, i tend to think 2011 was a great chance for him but he lost an epic semi-final to Trump and losing nZarrowly to Selby in the final and semi-final in 2016-7.

I often wonder if his career would have been different but for that 2007 Masters final which seemed to knock his confidence for a very long time, he was still a teenager then i think.

When Ding first arrived on the scene my mate said he thought Hendry's 7 world titles record was under threat. Sadly i dont think he'll get even one now.

Postby Prop

Seems bizarre that a player like Ding has managed to fade into nothing. He’s got more than snooker in his life now, and circumstances haven’t been kind to his chances of getting back to the top of the game. I know he’s still turning up when he can, but even so it feels like he’s gone. It’s a real loss to the sport.

Postby mick745

Ding has lots of fans, but it is always sad to feel any player didnt quite achieve their potential, Ding promised so much early in his career, as indicated on the other thread the consensus is that Wilson or Bingtao are now more likely to become world champion than Ding, a couple of years ago Ding would have been the obvious answer in fact I think a lot of people though Ding would get there before Trump.

Postby SnookerFan

I've felt for years that Ding won't win The Crucible. I waivered a bit when he got to the final, and to another semi and lost to Selby both times. I began to think, maybe just maybe.

Then there was the year Ronnie and Selby fell early, his side of the draw opened up, and the second the thought occurred to him, he forgot how to play.

He's not going to do it.

Postby Yanfan

Ding has a wife and a young daughter now. I think they are still in China. Ding is mega rich, due to lucrative sponsorship deals in China. After he plays out his latest sponsorship deals, he would never need to play snooker again if he didn't want to. He is set for life. And, because of these things, I don't think his hunger for success is the same as it was. I can't blame him. It's his life to do as he likes with it. If I was in his position, I may well think the same way as him.

Postby Yanfan

TheSaviour wrote:What a sad little sod and hammer and John Higgins - lookalike Lee Walker playing. AND MASTERING all the things. Can´t believe people have any faith on him. A few years ago he used to be something of a solid but not anymore. He´s the master these days.

Means his ou straight away.

What a sad little sods and hammers once again playing.

A weak means life. Once again. Or finally?

Just stop bothering me with all these people, finally? Can u understand this? Why are u doing this to me?

What a sad little hammers. And can´t wait seeing Lee Walker playing his first ranking tourmanet - final.

Can´t u comprehend any sense of humour? Seriouslu, what´s worng with all of you??

Has this been passed through a Google translation or something. I have no idea what this person is talking about. :chin:

Postby Yanfan

Prop wrote:Something of a solid :chin: Saviour’s basically calling Lee Walker a little rubbish <laugh>

Thank you. <ok>

I honestly had no idea. :?

Maybe English is not his first language. In which case, fair enough. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

..and I was just about to write that let´s just make this one thing straight; the game is not a child of the devil and an enemy of of everything that is right rofl It always can be a good idea just trying to relax a bit while playing snooker. Perhaps a few then. In that way "the law of constant change" is always there. Things won´t get too complicated or boring, and the sheer joy of the game can easily flourish.

Nah, Shaun´s no evil rofl :love:

Postby Wildey

The_Abbott wrote:Maguire played yesterday too. He must love playing in his home town of Cardiff.

Llandudno is 1 hour 30 mins closer to Sheffield than to Cardiff

Postby Yanfan

SnookerFan wrote:..and I was just about to write that let´s just make this one thing straight; the game is not a child of the devil and an enemy of of everything that is right rofl It always can be a good idea just trying to relax a bit while playing snooker. Perhaps a few then. In that way "the law of constant change" is always there. Things won´t get too complicated or boring, and the sheer joy of the game can easily flourish.

Nah, Shaun´s no evil rofl :love:

https://biblehub.com/acts/13-10.htm

Murphy quoting the bible in relation to snooker. Pretentious or what. :wkr:

Postby chengdufan

Empire State Human wrote:"Quite a number of top 16 seeds went out yesterday. Two others, Mark Williams and Mark Williams pulled out before the tournament began." - Phil Yates.

:chin:

But which one?