Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Scottish Open Last 64 + Held Over last 128 !!!

Postby Prop

Also just spotted the crazy lady that couldn’t keep still in one of Ronnie’s matches last season. She appears to be wearing something large on her head.

Edit: A sunflower hat or something.

Postby mick745

Prop wrote:Also just spotted the crazy lady that couldn’t keep still in one of Ronnie’s matches last season. She appears to be wearing something large on her head.

Is she the one that tried to pot the black at the end of one of his matches?

Postby Prop

mick745 wrote:
Prop wrote:Also just spotted the crazy lady that couldn’t keep still in one of Ronnie’s matches last season. She appears to be wearing something large on her head.

No. Different crazy lady!

Postby Iranu

mick745 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Minorities should be represented in every walk of life, provided there's a valid reason for it and not just for the sake of it. I also don't exactly like some of the things they done with some of the Marvel characters, it feels forced.

They should have minorities in new content, not transform old content.

But the truth is minorities are still far from being equally represented. For instance, homosexual people represent about 10% of the world's population, and it's far from being equally represented in TV shows, movies, etc. It needs more representation for sure.

Are you saying that 10% of characters in every tv show, film etc should be gay even if the story doesnt warrant it? Or 10% of actors? What if the % of actors who are gay is proportionally higher than the general population - should they then be over represented?

If there arent enough gay actors should straight actors then play the parts or are these parts reserved?

I think this is the basis of the original point. Why have a gay character just because they make up x% of the population even if the story line doesnt warrant it?

Which particular kinds of stories do you think ‘warrant’ a gay character? Which stories ‘warrant’ a straight character?

Postby Iranu

mick745 wrote:

I think that was Johnny.

Postby mick745

Iranu wrote:
mick745 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Minorities should be represented in every walk of life, provided there's a valid reason for it and not just for the sake of it. I also don't exactly like some of the things they done with some of the Marvel characters, it feels forced.

They should have minorities in new content, not transform old content.

But the truth is minorities are still far from being equally represented. For instance, homosexual people represent about 10% of the world's population, and it's far from being equally represented in TV shows, movies, etc. It needs more representation for sure.

Are you saying that 10% of characters in every tv show, film etc should be gay even if the story doesnt warrant it? Or 10% of actors? What if the % of actors who are gay is proportionally higher than the general population - should they then be over represented?

If there arent enough gay actors should straight actors then play the parts or are these parts reserved?

I think this is the basis of the original point. Why have a gay character just because they make up x% of the population even if the story line doesnt warrant it?

Which particular kinds of stories do you think ‘warrant’ a gay character? Which stories ‘warrant’ a straight character?

Depends on what story is being told.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
mick745 wrote:

I think that was Johnny.

<laugh>

Postby Iranu

mick745 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Which particular kinds of stories do you think ‘warrant’ a gay character? Which stories ‘warrant’ a straight character?

You’ve already said that. I’ve asked which stories ‘warrant’ a gay character or ‘warrant’ a straight character.

Postby mick745

Iranu wrote:
mick745 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Which particular kinds of stories do you think ‘warrant’ a gay character? Which stories ‘warrant’ a straight character?

You’ve already said that. I’ve asked which stories ‘warrant’ a gay character or ‘warrant’ a straight character.

That's up to the writer.

Postby Iranu

mick745 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
mick745 wrote:

That's up to the writer.

No, it’s up to YOU. I’m asking YOUR opinion.

Postby mick745

Iranu wrote:
mick745 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
mick745 wrote:

That's up to the writer.

No, it’s up to YOU. I’m asking YOUR opinion.

If you are writing a rom com, boy and girl fall in love type thing, probably warrants some straight characters.

Postby Ck147

TheRocket wrote:Georgiou is just so bad. When he plays Ron even more so. Anyone in this forum could play Ron and wouldnt do any worse than Georgiou.

I’m not sure that’s true. I would do a lot worse. Georgiou deserves more respect, he’s a ranking event winner after all.

Postby mick745

Ck147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Georgiou is just so bad. When he plays Ron even more so. Anyone in this forum could play Ron and wouldnt do any worse than Georgiou.

I’m not sure that’s true. I would do a lot worse. Georgiou deserves more respect, he’s a ranking event winner after all.

I'm pretty sure Georgiou is a lot better than me.