Post a reply

Re: Cazoo UK Championship Semi Finals !!!!!

Postby csprince

Prop wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Zhou Yeulong out of the top 16 and out of the Masters.

How far can Zhao climb?

whoever wins will move to no9
Last edited by csprince on 04 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

Its funny Ronnie never mentions himself in his comments and players comparisons. I dont see how Zhao can be compared to Steve Davis with natural talent. For me the way Zhao plays its the closest thing to a young Ron.

Zhaos cue ball control is brilliant and he makes it look very easy.

Postby Holden Chinaski

A 24 and a 26 year old in the UK final. One from China, the other from mainland Europe. Both play attacking, exciting snooker. This is the best thing to happen for snooker in a long time. I hope it's a good match.

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:A 24 and a 26 year old in the UK final. One from China, the other from mainland Europe. Both play attacking, exciting snooker. This is the best thing to happen for snooker in a long time. I hope it's a good match.

:goodpost:

Postby Ck147

I have a problem, now that Luca and Zhao are in the final, which is great, I can’t decide who I want to win. Think I will just stay neutral and enjoy it, should be good if they play like they did today. Good luck Zhao and Luca, give us something to remember!

Postby TheRocket

Irrespective of the result tomorrow I hope Zhao and Luca can keep this up and its not just an one-off thing. They both belong into the Top16 and hopefully stay there.

Postby Prop

csprince wrote:
Prop wrote:

How far can Zhao climb?

Cheers dude :hatoff: That’s a damn good thing for snooker as far as I’m concerned.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:Irrespective of the result tomorrow I hope Zhao and Luca can keep this up and its not just an one-off thing. They both belong into the Top16 and hopefully stay there.

<ok>

Postby Prop

TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:A 24 and a 26 year old in the UK final. One from China, the other from mainland Europe. Both play attacking, exciting snooker. This is the best thing to happen for snooker in a long time. I hope it's a good match.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

csprince wrote:
Prop wrote:

How far can Zhao climb?

Where will the runner up be?

Postby Ck147

Yes it is and me too

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:What's Davis on about?

Debating whether he should've played the yellow.

Nope it wasn't that.

He said he doesn't think it should be a Miss when points are level. <doh>

When was the rule changed?

August 2019

Postby Andre147

Indeed!

And like TR says, both players belong in the Top 16, so hopefully both will stay there for years to come and make it hard for the likes of Trump to win titles.

Postby Andre147

With a win tomorrow, either player will climb to 9th in the provisional rankings, behind MJW.

Xintong's place at The Masters is already secure, but Luca has to win the title, he now sits on 18th.

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:Is this a watershed moment in snooker?

only future will tell but maybe you could still say yes to a certain degree. 2 of the 3 Triple Crown titles this year will be won by guys who are in their 20's.

Postby csprince

Andre147 wrote:With a win tomorrow, either player will climb to 9th in the provisional rankings, behind MJW.

Xintong's place at The Masters is already secure, but Luca has to win the title, he now sits on 18th.

official rankings mr santos.

Postby Andre147

csprince wrote:
Andre147 wrote:With a win tomorrow, either player will climb to 9th in the provisional rankings, behind MJW.

official rankings mr santos.

They dont call it official anymore as they keep changing. But maybe, I don't know... you might be right.

Postby Prop

Funny how not long ago people were asking where Trump’s competition would come from when Ron, Higgins etc retire. Hopefully the answer is in the two finalists.

Arguably it’s likely this might just amount to a really good run for one or both of them, but the big difference now in jumping into the top 16 means they’ve got a real springboard to build some momentum.

Edit: Zhao for now, at least in terms of top 16.