Post a reply

Re: Cazoo UK Championship Semi Finals !!!!!

Postby Ck147

Prop wrote:Funny how not long ago people were asking where Trump’s competition would come from when Ron, Higgins etc retire. Hopefully the answer is in the two finalists.

Arguably it’s likely this might just amount to a really good run for one or both of them, but the big difference now in jumping into the top 16 means they’ve got a real springboard to build some momentum.

Edit: Zhao for now, at least in terms of top 16.

Dude, Robbo still has a few years, he’s still good at denying Judd trophies.

Postby csprince

Andre147 wrote:
csprince wrote:
Andre147 wrote:With a win tomorrow, either player will climb to 9th in the provisional rankings, behind MJW.

Xintong's place at The Masters is already secure, but Luca has to win the title, he now sits on 18th.

official rankings mr santos.

They dont call it official anymore as they keep changing. But maybe, I don't know... you might be right.

by official i meant the rolling rankings. the provisonal list is how the end of season list would look. the current season plus the last full season

Postby Prop

Ck147 wrote:
Prop wrote:Funny how not long ago people were asking where Trump’s competition would come from when Ron, Higgins etc retire. Hopefully the answer is in the two finalists.

Arguably it’s likely this might just amount to a really good run for one or both of them, but the big difference now in jumping into the top 16 means they’ve got a real springboard to build some momentum.

Oh definitely. I wasn’t counting him out. I’ve just heard the ‘Judd will have no competition soon’ thing a few times now, and I don’t think it’s that simple. Certainly in the next few years there’ll be Robbo, Selby, Kyren and so on (taking co92 out of the equation), and after that it’s hopefully not going to be as threadbare as some predicted. Add Yan to that long term pool, as well.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:Is this a watershed moment in snooker?

only future will tell but maybe you could still say yes to a certain degree. 2 of the 3 Triple Crown titles this year will be won by guys who are in their 20's.

In their 20s AND non-British!

Postby Ck147

Prop wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Oh definitely. I wasn’t counting him out. I’ve just heard the ‘Judd will have no competition soon’ thing a few times now, and I don’t think it’s that simple. Certainly in the next few years there’ll be Robbo, Selby, Kyren and so on (taking co92 out of the equation), and after that it’s hopefully not going to be as threadbare as some predicted. Add Yan to that long term pool, as well.

Yeah, I think there is enough talent right now and coming up that we won’t see a Judd era in the same way we had a Davis and Hendry era.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:I'm with Hendry on this one.. can't pick a favourite really.

That’s where I am too, I’m just going to enjoy it, not often we get this in a TC final.

Postby Pink Ball

This will only be the third time the majority of triple-crown titles will be held by non-UK players.

It happened in 2010 when Neil Robertson won the World Championship (Ding was UK Champion). This run ended when John Higgins won the 2010 UK Championship.

It next happened again in 2011 when Ding Junhui won the Masters (Robertson was World Champion). This run ended when John Higgins won the 2011 World Championship.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Image

Zhao looking at that guy picking his nose rofl

Lol

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:This will only be the third time the majority of triple-crown titles will be held by non-UK players.

It happened in 2010 when Neil Robertson won the World Championship (Ding was UK Champion). This run ended when John Higgins won the 2010 UK Championship.

It next happened again in 2011 when Ding Junhui won the Masters (Robertson was World Champion). This run ended when John Higgins won the 2011 World Championship.

:chin: Higgins to win the 2022 Masters?

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:This will only be the third time the majority of triple-crown titles will be held by non-UK players.

The same way Ding won The Crucible.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

The Cruce*

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

The Cruce*

:goodplayer: