Post a reply

Cazoo UK Championship Last 16 !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Tuesday 23rd of November - Sunday 5th of December at the York Barbican Centre

Down to the Last 16 and now just 2 tables in action in the 1pm and 7pm sessions. First up we have 7 time record UK Champ Ronnie O'Sullivan up against Noppon Saengkham, the latter who survived a late rally from Stuart Bingham from 5 nil down, but Noppon held his nerve with a century in the deciding frame.

Judd Trump, John Higgins and Mark Allen also victims in the Last 32, and that leaves us with only 5 players from the Top 16 remaining. Will the favourites prove their worth, or will there be more surprising results?

Find out as the Last 16 stage starts.

DRAW

Last 16
Jordan Brown v Anthony McGill Brown leads 1-0
Anthony Hamilton v Luca Brecel Hamilton leads 5-2
Kyren Wilson v Ben Woollaston Wilson leads 6-3
Noppon Saengkham v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 2-0
------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Selt v Barry Hawkins Hawkins leads 7-4
David Gilbert v Andy Hicks Tied at 2-2
Zhao Xintong v Peter Lines Never played before
Jack Lisowski v Hossein Vafaei Lisowski leads 4-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Cazoo UK Championship Last 16 !!!!!

Postby vodkadiet1

It is nice to see youngsters like Lines, Hamilton, and Hicks finally showing their class and reaching the latter stages of big events like this. All three are already fantastic talents and with more experience they can only get better. The future of snooker is in safe hands.

Postby chengdufan

Quite an intriguing line-up. I'm looking forward to this, particularly the first pair of matches.

A good mix of those I want to win (Zhao, Jack, Hossein, Noppon, Luca, Kyren, Dave, Ben) and those I don't (Selt, Lines, O'Sullivan, Hawkins, McGill). Not too many I'm indifferent on (Brown, Hamilton, Hicks)

Postby Yanfan

sundaygirl wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Come on Dreamboat!!!

+1

Ricky is sooo dumped after last night :parrot:

Oh Mickey (Ricky) you're so fine!

Postby orky

Although I would love to see Ronnie win and I think barring a self destruction he will win the whole event, it would be awesome to see one of the younger Chinese players win and make a big breakthrough, that would be good for the game. Too many oldies picking up the trophies, it's like the younger players are there just to make up the numbers lol. Think Gilbert and Wilson defo have the game to win as well, the latter I think is ready to win one of the big 3 events now and this may be his time. Gilbert winning will be fantastic but I can't see him beating Ronnie, lacks belief against him and Ronnie plays without any pressure knowing his opponent is likely to eventually falter.

Postby Reg Varney

C'mon the Ronster!

Although if Ron doesn't win, with Selby and Trump already out, really don't mind any of the others.

Postby LDS

I don't think I can remember a year when so many big names have dropped like flies before even the last 16 phase.

Has anyone done the stats yet? Is this some kind of all time record? Not just for this tournament either, but any big rankers of note.

Postby LDS

I was hoping Yuelong would beat McGill last night, but alas, my 4 left for Think Pink dropped to just 3 left in the last 16. Looking good for 2 of them, but while I hope and pray Noppon beats Ronnie, I'm also pretty much expecting & wouldn't mind if Ronnie won.

Postby McManusFan

I'm not trying to ruffle any of his fans buthope Ronnie drops out. Thus tournament is starting to feel as if it's ushering in a new era. A Vafaei McGill final would be my choice.

Postby Reg Varney

LDS wrote:I was hoping Yuelong would beat McGill last night, but alas, my 4 left for Think Pink dropped to just 3 left in the last 16. Looking good for 2 of them, but while I hope and pray Noppon beats Ronnie, I'm also pretty much expecting & wouldn't mind if Ronnie won.

Victories for Luca, Woollaston and Lisowski would all be handy for my Think Pink team. Although with Woollason taking on Kyren, I'm guaranteed at least some points.

Postby Yanfan

My fellow Westcountry bumpkin Andy Hicks (Ranked 81) is in the last 16 of the UK for the first time in about a hundred years. He plays Dave Gilbert tomorrow. Come on, Andy! (The Cream of Devon). :-D

Also Ronnie, Jack, Zhao, Luca and Hossein are all still in. Plenty of good viewing still left in this tournament. :-)
Last edited by Yanfan on 01 Dec 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Juddernaut88

McManusFan wrote:I'm not trying to ruffle any of his fans buthope Ronnie drops out. Thus tournament is starting to feel as if it's ushering in a new era. A Vafaei McGill final would be my choice.

I agree that for most neutrals it would be great if Ronnie does get knocked out and we have a different winner.

Postby mick745

I think it is an important moment for Kyren Wilson's career. He has been knocking on the door of TC events for a while now, he may have to beat Ronnie in a qf (which he's capable of doing) but there is no one else there that he shouldnt get past.

It is time for him to step up i feel.

Postby badtemperedcyril

Yanfan wrote:My fellow Westcountry bumpkin Andy Hicks (Ranked 81) is in the last 16 of the UK for the first time in about a hundred years. He plays Dave Gilbert tomorrow. Come on, Andy! (The Cream of Devon). :-D

Also Ronnie, Jack, Zhao, Luca and Hossein are all still in. Plenty of good viewing still left in this tournament. :-)

The Pride of Tavistock! (MC Alan Hughes)

1995 weren’t it when he reached the World and UK semi-final and then the Masters in the January 96?

Postby Yanfan

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Yanfan wrote:My fellow Westcountry bumpkin Andy Hicks (Ranked 81) is in the last 16 of the UK for the first time in about a hundred years. He plays Dave Gilbert tomorrow. Come on, Andy! (The Cream of Devon). :-D

The Pride of Tavistock! (MC Alan Hughes)

1995 weren’t it when he reached the World and UK semi-final and then the Masters in the January 96?

Yes, it was. (I've just looked it up.) :-)

I didn't watch it live, though. I wasn't born until 2005. <laugh>

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Wouldn't it be mad if Peter Lines won the UK Championship?

It would be the end of days. :sad: