Post a reply

Re: Cazoo UK Championship Last 32 !!!!!

Postby Prop

Vafaei’s peak game is right up there. And he seems to hit that form against the biggest players; Ronnie recently and then Selby last night. I’d love to see him have a good run this week. If he keeps playing at that level there’s no reason why he couldn’t get to the business end.

As always, it’s a question of consistency. But he’s a much better player than his ranking suggests.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mark-king-back-on-big-stage-to-renew-ronnie-osullivan-rivalry-k2lkdzr0n

Paywall!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:
rekoons wrote:<laugh> liking your new avatar Holden, Vafaei your new idol for trashing Selby ? <laugh>

Hossein Vafaei is brilliant and awesome.

Yes, and he put the boring grinder out of his misery. :happy: :D :-D

My hate for Selby aside, Vafaei is a really great player. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Kingy great value as ever...

'King added: “Back in Essex had a club of about 15 players in including Ronnie, and we were in there all day, every day. The juniors these days haven’t got a clue. We’d have a best of 21 frames before lunch, and then a best of 21 frames after lunch, leaving about 9pm.

“You go and play the juniors now and it’s a couple of best-of-nines and they want to go home or go on their phones. That’s why the crop isn’t coming through. All we wanted to do was play snooker, now they just want to be on the Playstation or doing Fortnite or Grand Theft Auto.'

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/m ... ex-rivalry

Bring it on, can't wait! :-D

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Trying to be a top snooker player is so much harder for people outside the UK. Definitely if you're in Iran I think!

Johnny Bravo thinks otherwise.

STFU SnnokerFan <laugh>

I'm not a great player, at least not compared to a pro. My ability to escape snookers is horrendous. I mean, in most cases I can hit the object ball, but I leave it on. :sad:
My long potting is also poor. :-(

I'm just good among the balls.

Postby Prop

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Trying to be a top snooker player is so much harder for people outside the UK. Definitely if you're in Iran I think!

STFU SnnokerFan <laugh>

I'm not a great player, at least not compared to a pro. My ability to escape snookers is horrendous. I mean, in most cases I can hit the object ball, but I leave it on. :sad:

Have you played recently?

Postby TheRocket

Vafaei was very good yesterday. Can certainly beat anyone on his day and even in an impressive fashion. He was like Thep and Ron at times in the first five frames with the speed he was playing at. It was great to watch.
Last edited by TheRocket on 29 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Malagueño

Johnny Bravo wrote:I'm not a great player, at least not compared to a pro. My ability to escape snookers is horrendous. I mean, in most cases I can hit the object ball, but I leave it on. :sad:

Uncanny. Exactly like me, except for the being good among the balls bit.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Prop wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

STFU SnnokerFan <laugh>

No. I haven't touched my cue in 2 months due to this Covid crap. :sad:
I'm hoping to play next week. :-)

Postby Prop

Malagueño wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:I'm not a great player, at least not compared to a pro. My ability to escape snookers is horrendous. I mean, in most cases I can hit the object ball, but I leave it on. :sad:

Uncanny. Exactly like me, except for the being good among the balls bit.

<laugh>

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Vafaei was very good yesterday. Can certainly beat anyone on his day and even in an impressive fashion. He was like Thep and Ron at times in the first five frames with the speed he was playing at. It was great to watch.

I watched the first 4 frames yesterday afterwards and yeah he was potting everything, made some nice clearances and that put Selby bang under pressure.

Selby's missed black when 2-0 down was the turning point really and Vafaei never looked back from there.

Postby Prop

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Prop wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

STFU SnnokerFan <laugh>

No. I haven't touched my cue in 2 months due to this Covid crap. :sad:
I'm hoping to play next week. :-)

Same. Probably longer. I’ll be lucky to make 30 if and when I actually get a game.

Postby Prop

Andre147 wrote:
Prop wrote:Anyone know which match they’re televising tonight?

Kyren's

Think I’ll watch Dotty and Lisowski assuming that’s an option. Will be a great match if they’re both on form.

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Kyren's

Think I’ll watch Dotty and Lisowski assuming that’s an option. Will be a great match if they’re both on form.

That’s table 2

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Kyren's

That’s table 2

Should be available as an option then?