Post a reply

Cazoo UK Championship Last 32 !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 23rd of November - Sunday 5th of December at the York Barbican Centre

It's the last 32 and a few surprises there with World Champion Mark Selby, UK Champion Neil Robertson and Masters Champion Yan Bingtao out not to mention Ding Junhui, Mark Williams and Shaun Murphy quite a lot of players are forcing themselves in to contention for the World Grand Prix at the end of the year.

But with Judd Trump, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Mark Allen and John Higgins still there, possibly there won't be a surprise winner.

Who will make the last 16?

DRAW

Last 32
Mark Joyce v Jordan Brown Tied at 1-1
Anthony McGill v Zhou Yuelong Zhou Yuelong leads 2-1
Ricky Walden v Anthony Hamilton Walden leads 7-1
Luca Brecel v Stephen Maguire Maguire leads 4-1
Kyren Wilson v Wu Yize Never played before
Ben Woollaston v Liam Highfield Woollaston leads 4-2
Noppon Saengkham v Stuart Bingham Bingham leads 3-1
Mark King v Ronnie O'Sullivan King leads 5-4
------------------------------------------------------------
Judd Trump v Matthew Selt Trump leads 9-5
Barry Hawkins v Cao Yupeng Tied at 2-2
David Gilbert v Mark Allen Gilbert leads 5-4
Andy Hicks v Dominic Dale Hicks leads 5-4
John Higgins v Zhao Xintong Tied at 3-3
Sam Craigie v Peter Lines Tied at 1-1
Graeme Dott v Jack Lisowski Tied at 4-4
Xiao Guodong v Hossein Vafaei Xiao Guodong leads 1-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Cazoo UK Championship Last 32 !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Hopefully Ronnie gets a win over King, someone he usually struggles against and has many antics.

Famous towel over his head most of the match came at this UK Champs in 2005 lol.

They also don't hide they don't like each other, King has said so and Ronnie had some unpleasant words about him in his book.

Postby SnookerFan

chengdufan wrote:I'm tempted by Hawkins v Cao and Higgins v Zhao. I might have to have them both on.

It'll be Higgins on the Red Button, won't it?

My Prime is knackered again. I fancy a bit of Hawkins.

Might find a way to stream it online. Don't like to, but am technically paying for it anyway.

Postby rekoons

IIRC Ronnie backed Quinten Hann in his 'pot whack' boxing match against Mark King.
probably has somethiong to do with that.

Postby Holden Chinaski

In all honesty, I think Vafaei is good to watache, I like his style. And he seems like a top bloke, comes across as a great guy in interviews. He's really talented. I think if he was born in the UK he would be a top 16 player already.

Postby Dan-cat

Remember when Vafei had a run a couple of years ago to the semis of something and each match he came from behind and won in a decider, like 4 in a row? One of those matches was Ebdon I think. I really took notice of him then. And then he had all those visa issues which was pretty sad turn of events.

Postby rekoons

Yes he mentioned something like that in his interview, something along the lines of "it wasn't easy sometimes with all these political and visa problems, but it doesn't matter if and how difficult the journey was, all that matters is I'm here now"

The guy's got a very positive outlook and he genuinely seems to love the game.

As DT would say: one of the nicest guys you could ever wish to meet.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:In all honesty, I think Vafaei is good to watache, I like his style. And he seems like a top bloke, comes across as a great guy in interviews. He's really talented. I think if he was born in the UK he would be a top 16 player already.

I like that he always makes sure to thank the fans and broadcasters etc in his interviews.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Trying to be a top snooker player is so much harder for people outside the UK. Definitely if you're in Iran I think!

Johnny Bravo thinks otherwise.

Postby Dan-cat

Kingy great value as ever...

'King added: “Back in Essex had a club of about 15 players in including Ronnie, and we were in there all day, every day. The juniors these days haven’t got a clue. We’d have a best of 21 frames before lunch, and then a best of 21 frames after lunch, leaving about 9pm.

“You go and play the juniors now and it’s a couple of best-of-nines and they want to go home or go on their phones. That’s why the crop isn’t coming through. All we wanted to do was play snooker, now they just want to be on the Playstation or doing Fortnite or Grand Theft Auto.'

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/m ... ex-rivalry

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:In all honesty, I think Vafaei is good to watache, I like his style. And he seems like a top bloke, comes across as a great guy in interviews. He's really talented. I think if he was born in the UK he would be a top 16 player already.

I like that he always makes sure to thank the fans and broadcasters etc in his interviews.

He would be an absolute gift in the 16. Kick on lad

Postby SnookerEd25

Big fan of Vafaei, that’s why he’s always the first name on my ThinkPink team sheet.

Should be higher than he is, and have won a major event by now I feel - but there’s still time for that. Sometime this season would be nice <ok>

Postby The_Abbott

Juddernaut88 wrote:I didn't know that Ronnie and Mark King don't like each other.

didn't know any player that likes Mark King.

Postby gallantrabbit

The_Abbott wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I didn't know that Ronnie and Mark King don't like each other.

didn't know any player that likes Mark King.

What tosh. Most players like King. He's also one of the few that call O'sullivan out. Called him a tool I think once. Of course the bookies will always have Ronnie favourite for this game but Mark will dig in if he gets a chance. Hope King comes out on top.