Post a reply

Re: Cazoo UK Championship Last 64 !!!!!

Postby Scooper

I assumed that was a mid frame incident, but since the frame is basically over, doesn’t seem as important somehow. Would ding fans really be happy if he won the frame off that?

Postby Iranu

Scooper wrote:I assumed that was a mid frame incident, but since the frame is basically over, doesn’t seem as important somehow. Would ding fans really be happy if he won the frame off that?

The foul would have left Ding four points behind with pink and black on.

Postby Scooper

Iranu wrote:
Scooper wrote:I assumed that was a mid frame incident, but since the frame is basically over, doesn’t seem as important somehow. Would ding fans really be happy if he won the frame off that?

But if he then won, can’t imagine I’d feel great about winning a frame like that

Postby Iranu

Scooper wrote:
Iranu wrote:

But if he then won, can’t imagine I’d feel great about winning a frame like that

Why not?

Postby Pink Ball

The frame was not ‘basically over’. The frame is live because of that foul. And yes, I’d have been very happy. Massive reprieve but a deserved one given that it was so stupid of Craigie. Wouldn’t feel a bit sorry for Ding if he lost a frame over being so careless.

Postby Yanfan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Eurosport are showing the incident.

Doherty and Hendry both say it was a foul. I couldn't tell when I watched it. It was a close call for me.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:It's a foul for me.

Not for me, so it’s subjective isn’t it? In which case the presiding referee makes the call, and she didn’t award a foul. End of story. :shrug:

Postby Iranu

Scooper wrote:And especially if like James said, the ref called the frame over beforehand

My issue’s more with the ref than Craigie. But I wouldn’t feel any worse winning a frame from that than from any other opponent’s foul. I’d feel aggrieved to have lost it.

Postby Pink Ball

Scooper wrote:And especially if like James said, the ref called the frame over beforehand

Absolute bullocks. How often do you see a referee counting points towards a player’s break, but then reversing that when the cue ball goes in off? Doesn’t happen every day, but happens every tournament.

Secondly, even if that were the rule, it would still technically be a mistake on her part for calling the frame before every ball comes to a halt.

Postby McManusFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:It's a foul for me.

Not for me, so it’s subjective isn’t it? In which case the presiding referee makes the call, and she didn’t award a foul. End of story. :shrug:

But it isn't subjective, the rule here is pretty objective.

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:Jan will be giving her some serious punishment about now.

I know you’re being sarcastic, but I’d imagine she will get a talking to. Snooker referees only have to make a big call once in a blue moon, and she missed hers. I actually think she’s a good referee, but that was a bad miss.

Postby csprince

it's clearly a foul all craigie has to do is let the white stop or make sure his cue doesn't touch the white.the ref made a mistake.

Postby csprince

Scooper wrote:I’m not saying it’s definitely right to not call a foul, just that it’s an odd one. And not as definitely wrong as if that happened mid-frame.

where in the frame it happened doesn't matter a foul is a foul.

Postby Scooper

Pink Ball wrote:
Scooper wrote:I’m not saying it’s definitely right to not call a foul, just that it’s an odd one. And not as definitely wrong as if that happened mid-frame.

IT DOESN’T MATTER WHEN THE buck IT HAPPENS, IT’S THE SAME bucking FOUL!

WELL JUST MY BUCKING OPINION, BUT I’LL BE BUCKING LEAVING IT FOR NOW!!!

Postby Pink Ball

Scooper wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

YOUR OPINION IS WORTH bucking rubbish WHEN PLACED AGAINST FACTS OF THE MATTER.

Postby HappyCamper

James Bentley wrote:The referee had called that Craigie had won the frame before he put his cue down, so the frame was over, wasn't it?

correct. the frame had clearly been declared by the ref so what craigie does after that is not a foul.

you can argue that the ref should have waited to call the frame, but craigie would not have placed his cue on the table had she not so the point is moot. it would be wrong to punish craigie for the referee's error in that case.
Last edited by HappyCamper on 28 Nov 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

I don’t understand this at all. Surely it’s worse that it happened at the end of the frame? If it happened earlier there would be several more factors determining who won the frame. Craigie won the frame as a direct result of this buck up.

Postby csprince

Scooper wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

if that was the final frame of the final it would be a foul and the ref would be crucified.either the shot is legal or a foul regardless when in the frame it happened.

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Jan will be giving her some serious punishment about now.

I know you’re being sarcastic, but I’d imagine she will get a talking to. Snooker referees only have to make a big call once in a blue moon, and she missed hers. I actually think she’s a good referee, but that was a bad miss.

I meant it seriously, but also wanted to hint at some possible S+M business.

Postby Pink Ball

HappyCamper wrote:
James Bentley wrote:The referee had called that Craigie had won the frame before he put his cue down, so the frame was over, wasn't it?

correct. the frame had clearly been declared by the ref so what craigie does after that is not a foul.

you can argue that the ref should have waited to call the frame, but craigie would not have placed his cue on the table had she not so the point is moot. it would be wrong to punish craigie for the referee's error in that case.

I don’t understand this logic. So a player is on a break of 9, pots the black, the ref calls the break at 16, white rolls in off, but the break is still 16 because the ref declared it so?