To defeat Mark Selby his aim
He went on the attack
Fluked a black
Said Selby "You're not respecting the game"

pmsl

Re: Cazoo UK Championship Last 64 !!!!!

Postby Reg Varney

Yanfan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Tabby's been in there for years!

Yes, they didn't like Michaela Tabb, did they?

I read she took them to court and she accepted a pay-off rather than continue refereeing. I suppose it must have been a decent amount to give up a whole career.

I'm sure she still refs Pool and tends to do a lot of those Legends exhibitions (well did before the pandemic).

Postby primitivesludge

Went to York yesterday.

Watched Thepchaiya vs Zhao on table five and Lines vs. Fan on table six. What an incredible contrast.

Thepchaiya really doesn't die wondering and sometimes his sportingness and willingness to carry on does him no favours. On three occasions Zhao failed to get out of a snooker and Thep didn't put him back in, even though he didn't have much to go on himself.

Was a real shame Zhao missed his 147. For him and me.

Peter Lines seems alright. Laughing when some old geezer's phone went off.

Caught the end of Judd vs. Wakelin as the latter crumbled. Nice in the main arena but not that fussed about Judd myself.

I probably should have watched Vafaei take 4 frames off Selby before my train but I've always wanted to see Dott play, so I went back to arena 2 to watch him have a scrap with Robertson (J). It was not the greatest 3 frames I'll ever see but the fight is still in him, so fair bucks.

Brecel vs. Ford was on the next table and was much more watchable, both going for shots and Brecel looking like the guy that was hyped several years ago. Mrs. Brecel was watching - she's taller and better looking than him.

Staff a bit over-officious at the Barbican. My laptop was 'cos I had to work on the train, I have literally no desire to detonate myself, look at me, I have too much to live for.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/29/mark-williams-apologises-for-falling-asleep-during-shock-uk-championship-loss-15680293/amp/

I know how he feels. Almost two months on for me and I still feel exhausted.

Postby badtemperedcyril

primitivesludge wrote:Went to York yesterday.

Watched Thepchaiya vs Zhao on table five and Lines vs. Fan on table six. What an incredible contrast.

Thepchaiya really doesn't die wondering and sometimes his sportingness and willingness to carry on does him no favours. On three occasions Zhao failed to get out of a snooker and Thep didn't put him back in, even though he didn't have much to go on himself.

Caught the end of Judd vs. Wakelin as the latter crumbled. Nice in the main arena but not that fussed about Judd myself.

I probably should have watched Vafaei take 4 frames off Selby before my train but I've always wanted to see Dott play, so I went back to arena 2 to watch him have a scrap with Robertson (J). It was not the greatest 3 frames I'll ever see but the fight is still in him, so fair bucks.

Brecel vs. Ford was on the next table and was much more watchable, both going for shots and Brecel looking like the guy that was hyped several years ago. Mrs. Brecel was watching - she's taller and better looking than him.

Staff a bit over-officious at the Barbican. My laptop was 'cos I had to work on the train, I have literally no desire to detonate myself, look at me, I have too much to live for.

Nice read. Glad you enjoyed it. I go Sheffield every year but the Barbican is still on my to do list.

Postby Dan-cat

Yanfan wrote:

I read she took them to court and she accepted a pay-off rather than continue refereeing. I suppose it must have been a decent amount to give up a whole career.

It was ridiculous. Some dispute over an 1100gbp* bonus payment. A real shame.

*couldn't find a pound sign on this quirky Blumi euro phone I'm using

Postby Dan-cat

primitivesludge wrote:Went to York yesterday.

Great read. Excellent punchline! You should post more Primmy

Postby McManusFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Yanfan wrote:

It was ridiculous. Some dispute over an 1100gbp* bonus payment. A real shame.

*couldn't find a pound sign on this quirky Blumi euro phone I'm using

Wikipedia says "She subsequently brought a court case against the sport's governing body, alleging sex discrimination, unfair dismissal, and breach of contract."

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Edit. Wrong thread.

which vegetable?

:chin:

i pressed quote before you edited you scoundrel!

Postby primitivesludge

Dan-cat wrote:Great read. Excellent punchline! You should post more Primmy

Ah, thanks. I thought I was talking to no one first time I rocked up. I saw you replied to my 3 cushion question too - no, haven't found anywhere north of London.

You also reminded me I missed my Snooker Celebrity Spotted Outside The Barbican moment.

Brace yourself: Barry Hawkins. In a branch of Nero. Ordering a cake in a box to take away.

Life as you knew it before this post has ceased to exist.