Post a reply

Cazoo UK Championship Last 128 !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 23rd of November - Sunday 5th of December at the York Barbican Centre

The First UK Championship was played 8 months after the World Championship moved to the Crucible in 1977 and won by a 26-year-old Patsy Fagan beating Doug Mountjoy in the Final. 44 Years later, only 20 men have lifted the trophy.

After a year at Milton Keynes, it is returning this year to the Barbican for the 16th time and the longest serving venue for the Tournament and having crowned 9 champions there. The last 1st time winner was defending champion Neil Robertson in 2013 since then Robertson has won it twice, Ronnie O'Sullivan 3 times and Mark Selby and Ding Junhui once apiece.

Stephen Hendry will be making his first appearance at the tournament since 2011 where he lost 6-3 to Stephen Maguire in the last 32.

Everyone on Tour is in the event apart from Igor Figueiredo and Marco Fu both not come over due to Covid restrictions meaning there are 8 top up players Sanderson Lam, Michael Georgiou, Si Jiahui , Soheil Vahedi, Michael White, David Lilley, Ross Muir and John Astley

Who will reach the second Round?

DRAW

Selected Last 128 Matches
Neil Robertson v John J Astley
Jordan Brown v Duane Jones
Anthony McGill v Iulian Boiko
Zhou Yuelong v Chen Zifan
Mark Williams v Lei Peifan
Luca Brecel v Xu Si
Stephen Maguire v Sanderson Lam
Kyren Wilson v Soheil Vahedi
Yan Bingtao v Ng On Yee
Ali Carter v Jimmy White
Stuart Bingham v Dean Young
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Michael White
Judd Trump v David Lilley
Barry Hawkins v Reanne Evans
Jamie Jones v Cao Yupeng
Alexander Ursenbacher v Ben Hancorn
David Gilbert v Alfie Burden
Mark Allen v Michael Judge
Liang Wenbo v Andy Hicks
Shaun Murphy v Si Jiahui
John Higgins v Michael Georgiou
Zhao Xintong v Yuan SiJun
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Stephen Hendry
Ding Junhui v Zhang Anda
Sam Craigie v Ken Doherty
Graeme Dott v Jamie O'Neill
Jack Lisowski v Sean Maddocks
Hossein Vafaei v Pang Junxu
Mark Selby v Ross Muir

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Cazoo UK Championship Last 128 !!!!!

Postby Andre147

If Ronnie doesn't do well here I'll be concerned. Given the draw he has and the magnitude of this tournament, I really feel this should be the tournament he will get back to winning ways again.

But regardless to say, even if he were to reach another final, needs to go that one step further, and likely beat one of Higgins, Robbo, Selby or Trump along the way.

Postby Prop

Hendry’s actually got a bit of a chance in round 1. Theppy doesn’t exactly have a great safety game to fall back on if he isn’t scoring.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:Hendry’s actually got a bit of a chance in round 1. Theppy doesn’t exactly have a great safety game to fall back on if he isn’t scoring.

How is Hendry playing now, I wonder.

I saw his match against Selt, and the Jimmy match. And he was dreadful. Anybody seen him since?

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:Hendry’s actually got a bit of a chance in round 1. Theppy doesn’t exactly have a great safety game to fall back on if he isn’t scoring.

I saw his match against Selt, and the Jimmy match. And he was dreadful. Anybody seen him since?

Flying in practice, apparently

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:

He beat Wakelin in the British Open, also beat Michael White in one of the home nation qualifiers but he didn't play that well in either of those matches. He has also gotten beaten heavily by Wakelin in the Northern Ireland Open and has lost to a few other players as well.

I expect Un-Nooh to beat him 6-1.

Postby SnookerFan

Yeah. If it's on the App, I'd consider putting Hendry vs Theppy. It clashes with Ronnie vs Michael White.

But, on the other hand, I wouldn't take much pleasure in wataching a player of the status of Hendry play like a dipstick. And if it's anything like his match with White, there won't be much entertainment to be found anyway.

Postby Juddernaut88

I'll still watch Hendry vs Theppy (assuming it is available on Eurosport player) but it will certainly be frustrating watching if he gets hammered.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'll still watch Hendry vs Theppy (assuming it is available on Eurosport player) but it will certainly be frustrating watching if he gets hammered.

He won’t hammer Teppy Lad. Won’t happen :hmmm:

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'll still watch Hendry vs Theppy (assuming it is available on Eurosport player) but it will certainly be frustrating watching if he gets hammered.

I'll see what I feel on the day.

Postby gninnur karona

The tricky first round UK draw for the top six seeds a consequential quirk of there only being 122 tour players. The absence of Igor Figueiredo and Marco Fu extends the anguish to the entire top eight who face opponents who have earned a cumulative £76500 on the tour this season as opposed to the mere £22000 gleaned by those drawn to face seeds 9-16. Michael Georgiou (win over Barry Hawkins) and David Lilley (QTour triumph this last weekend) have both begun the season well but must confront John Higgins and Judd Trump. Mark Selby, searching for a first title since Sheffield, meets Ross Muir, currently in a qualification position for the Grand Prix having twice reached last 16s downing amongst others Ryan Day and Anthony McGill. Looked at individually the top eight are all favourites to reach round two, but overall there's a fair chance that one of them will fall, although Lee Walker's withdrawal presents Bai Langning with the supposedly most winnable first round match for a player not holding a current tour card.

Of those top 64 end 2020-21 players currently projected to lose their tour places the most in danger is Michael Holt who is without a win since the Championship League despite holding the advantage in every knock-out match he's played this season. First round opponent Zak Surety recently recorded an encouraging win over Mark Joyce but appears destined for another QSchool campaign. Although too early to be definitive this does have the feeling of a must win for Michael Holt. Matthew Stevens, another big name in trouble, faces Hammad Miah, an opportunity not to be spurned? And then there's Thepchaiya Un-Nooh, in full flow a joy to behold, but a dozen knock-out defeats to lower-ranked players since the beginning of last season is the wrong kind of consistency. That's a seriously long run of poor results that cannot be allowed to extend much, if any, further if Thepchaiya Un-Nooh is to retain his tour card. His meeting with Stephen Hendry perhaps the most intriguing tie of round one.

One other match to watch out for.

Dominic Dale v Ashley Carty. Significantly 63 and 64 on the provisional end-season list. Ashley Carty has suffered more than his fair share of challenging draws. Victories over Jamie Jones, Jordan Brown and Stephen Maguire, defeats against Stuart Bingham, Kyren Wilson and Mark Selby, is a decent return. Dominic Dale beat Xiao Guodong in the British Open but that remains his only victory whilst losses to Rory McLeod and Chang Bingyu confounded the rankings. Dominic Dale heads to York as underdog yet one look at his draw in Llandudno shows this is likely to prove his best opportunity to record another ranking match win before Christmas.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:Does BBC coverage start Saturday?

yes.

I said it first.

I win.

i provided a source.

i win.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:Does BBC coverage start Saturday?

yes.

I said it first.

I win.

i provided a source.

i win.

Yeah.

Whilst in second place. :irk:

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Cheers fellas

Oh, so you thank both of us.

Despite me winning. :td:

Get over it.

buck sake, Judder. It's only a joke, isn't it?

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:Anybody lucky enough to be off work or at home generally to be wataching the tomorrow afternoon match? :-)

There’s a chance I’ll catch it. Dealing with something at 12:00 which I’m hoping doesn’t overrun.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Cheers fellas

Oh, so you thank both of us.

Despite me winning. :td:

Get over it.

buck sake, Judder. It's only a joke, isn't it?

It's a very poor one as well <ok>