Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Semi Finals !!!!

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:What is Ronnie's problem with Yan? He makes it sound like he's never beaten Higgins. Yan's beaten him in big events, he thrashed John in the Masters final. Ronnie is acting like Yan is some idiot.

He's just jealous about how close he got to Higgins.

Postby hendry_fan

Wow!,John indeed shows the young pretender how it,s done,gives him a bit of a spanking.Wins 6 frames on the spin,in his 6-2 win. :happy: :cracker: :party:

John indeed played very well tonight,in all depts.He certainly made up for the 2 easy blues he bottled in frame 1 n 2.

He rattled in breaks of 90,83,78,75,61,55 and 52.

Yan was no Man tnight. ;-) :happy:

I,m a happy bunny,buckin brilliant stuff John!, :hatoff: :happy: <cool>

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:What is Ronnie's problem with Yan? He makes it sound like he's never beaten Higgins. Yan's beaten him in big events, he thrashed John in the Masters final. Ronnie is acting like Yan is some idiot.

He’s probably still butthurt from him knocking him out.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:Higgins is so boring to watch. He’s like a robot.

I agree but the thing is Yan is even more boring to watch. And his AST in this match is 31 seconds so far.

ASTs are always slower when you’re struggling so it’s not a surprise that he’s that high.

I don’t find Yan boring to watch because he’s unorthodox.

He is pretty slow in most matches. Usually in the mid to late 20's.

Oh yeah I’m not pretending he’s fast! Just saying 31 seconds is slow even for Yan because he couldn’t get going.

Postby Prop

Holden Chinaski wrote:I believe Higgins will win another World title.

I wouldn’t mind that. Just to put Selby back down the pecking order a bit <laugh>

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:Higgins is so boring to watch. He’s like a robot.

I agree but the thing is Yan is even more boring to watch. And his AST in this match is 31 seconds so far.

ASTs are always slower when you’re struggling so it’s not a surprise that he’s that high.

Oh yeah I’m not pretending he’s fast! Just saying 31 seconds is slow even for Yan because he couldn’t get going.

I just dont find him an exciting player. Unorthodox yeah. But if a more established or older pro played like Yan most people here would definitely call him boring.

You could say Ding lacks Yans mentality but Yan also lacks Dings ability.

Postby Wildey

Thrashed him 10-8 lol

Postby SnookerEd25

mantorok wrote:
Iranu wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Prop wrote:
mantorok wrote:Who’s commentating now?

Still Laurel & Hardy.

FFS

You can watch without comms on the player

I treat commentary like sex, I take what I can get.

I approach it as mini-sessions - but that’s more an age thing :sad:

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

I just dont find him an exciting player. Unorthodox yeah. But if a more established or older pro played like Yan most people here would definitely call him boring.

You could say Ding lacks Yans mentality but Yan also lacks Dings ability.

Yan had a bad day he had no answers for Higgins tonight it happens no big deal as for Yan the player hes not a negative player his aggressive shot choices that did not come off cost him 2 or 3 frames and allowed Higgins to dominate.

Postby TheRocket

Dragonfly wrote:Hope Allen can go on to win this. He's a superb player, just needs to start winning regularly and move up to very top level

Mentally and peak level wise he is as good as anyone but I doubt he'll ever become a regular winner and get to lets say Trump or Robertson level. Always lacked the consistency and he's already a pro for 16 years so highly doubtful he can change much from here.

Postby chengdufan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Image

Just cataching up with this thread.

Great to finally see Tom Ford happy, but I'm not sure of the relevance to the matache. Can anyone explain?

Postby csprince

chengdufan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Image

Just cataching up with this thread.

Great to finally see Tom Ford happy, but I'm not sure of the relevance to the matache. Can anyone explain?

page 10 mantorok asked who was on comms prop replied laurel and hardy.