Post a reply

BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Semi Finals !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 9th - Sunday 17th of October at the Waterfront Hall, Belfast

Semi Finals in Belfast brings together Local Boy Mark Allen and Ricky Walden in his first Semi Final since the 2016 China Open where he beat John Higgins 6-5 to reach the final before losing to Judd Trump.

The other semi sees a repeat of the Masters Final where Yan got the better of John can, Higgins get revenge.

Who will reach the final?

DRAW

Semi Finals
Mark Allen v Ricky Walden Allen leads 11-10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yan Bingtao v John Higgins Yan Bingtao leads 4-3

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Semi Finals !!!!

Postby Andre147

Despite playing at home and with all the pressure involved with it, Allen for me is the favourite.

Probably has played the best snooker all week, and he seems confident enough and finally at ease with his home crowd.

But like TR says, either of the 4 winning the tournament wouldnt be a huge shock. Maybe Walden who hasnt been in the spotlight too often recently, but he too is a previous tournament winner.

Postby SnookerEd25

Higgins-Yan an interesting H2H. Though Yan leads 4-3, the frame score is 30 each. However, this includes a 5-0 win for John in a six-reds tournament, which doesn’t really count for me.

Perhaps most noteworthy is that the last 3 meetings have all gone Yan’s way :

10-8 : 2021 Masters Final
5-2 : 2020 Welsh Open QF
6-3 : 2019 UK QF

I shall be wataching with interest if it is the evening matache, I’m out in th afternoon though.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:There's been a lot of comments this week that we've not been posting enough this week.

Snooker Island looks sad when it's bare. Let's create some content, make Snooker Island great again.

We both have been regularly though to be fair. Although I won't post this evening as I am seeing my aunt and uncle.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:There's been a lot of comments this week that we've not been posting enough this week.

Snooker Island looks sad when it's bare. Let's create some content, make Snooker Island great again.

I’ll be back this evening to complain.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:

We both have been regularly though to be fair. Although I won't post this evening as I am seeing my aunt and uncle.

#parttimefan #casual

Postby TheSaviour

Both John Higgins and Davis Gilbert should immediately seek some help. Particularly john.

It´s not about tongue or theets, the whole game I mean.

Yan will eat john alive if John still prefer to pretend to be something he´s not. I enjoyed John´s ALL POOL-manners, although. With this cue, and he played pool shots all the way. But how many times we saw Jonh`tongue, that´s highly rude. That´s why there are age-limitations, in life, you know.

John will probably retire soon, or a very soon, if he can´t get his acts back together. And 5 or 6 times he offered the match to Dave. But no. Dave said that no. What a joke match was that. Tonight John won´t have a shout against Ronnie´s pal. John offered the match like, hey, I am Scottish, I am rude and agessive towards ladies, I play it wrong, I will do it for money (also), no-one can capture me as they really can´t understand the real difficulty of the game..

Dave just said no. With his theets, quite an obviously so.

John played all the cannons and splits in to the absolute perfection, I do admit and highly respect that. But otherwise.. No. Just no. Sorry, lad.

It started relatively well. First some solid safietes, nothing that much great or new and innovative and solid, but good old-fashinoed solid enough. Dave got in, played like a train to take 2-0 lead. Yes, great stuff ON THE TABLE, for sure yes. Then and after that John responded superbly brilliantly, a great great break, to be honest. After that it went all wrong. Dave was already gone, when he lead 2-1.

Yan has slight troubles, but just some. he´s kind of a too thick, and his walking... But nothing serious. John won´t stand a chance tonight, if he prefers to act like that.

Postby RunningSide

TheSaviour wrote:Both John Higgins and Davis Gilbert should immediately seek some help. Particularly john.

Yan will eat john alive if John still prefer to pretend to be something he´s not. I enjoyed John´s ALL POOL-manners, although. With this cue, and he played pool shots all the way. But how many times we saw Jonh`tongue, that´s highly rude. That´s why there are age-limitations, in life, you know.

John will probably retire soon, or a very soon, if he can´t get his acts back together. And 5 or 6 times he offered the match to Dave. But no. Dave said that no. What a joke match was that. Tonight John won´t have a shout against Ronnie´s pal. John offered the match like, hey, I am Scottish, I am rude and agessive towards ladies, I play it wrong, I will do it for money (also), no-one can capture me as they really can´t understand the real difficulty of the game..

John played all the cannons and splits in to the absolute perfection, I do admit and highly respect that. But otherwise.. No. Just no. Sorry, lad.

It started relatively well. First some solid safietes, nothing that much great or new and innovative and solid, but good old-fashinoed solid enough. Dave got in, played like a train to take 2-0 lead. Yes, great stuff ON THE TABLE, for sure yes. Then and after that John responded superbly brilliantly, a great great break, to be honest. After that it went all wrong. Dave was already gone, when he lead 2-1.

Yan has slight troubles, but just some. he´s kind of a too thick, and his walking... But nothing serious. John won´t stand a chance tonight, if he prefers to act like that.

This must be Phil Studd.

Postby Raziel

TheSaviour wrote:Both John Higgins and Davis Gilbert should immediately seek some help. Particularly john.

Janne, your posts definitely make this forum a more interesting place. They always make me smile. :-)

Also, for someone from Finland, your English is pretty good. I certainly could not write a post in Finnish.

(Or are you using a translation programme? I don't know.)

Anyway, I will be cheering on the two underdogs today. Yan Bingtao and Ricky Walden. Particularly Ricky.

Come on Rickaaaayyyyy! :mosh2:

Postby hendry_fan

Congrats to the Walnut in sendin Smurph packing.His great run,ll be put to an end this afternoon though,as The Pistol will gun him down. :kill:

Well,i didnae expect that!.John reaches the semis!.

:shock: I thought Mr Gilbert would send him back to Bonnie Scotland. :-D

So,he,s up against Yan the still Man tnight. <cool>

I,ve just looked on Cuetracker and i see that Yans beaten John the last 3 times! :dizzy:

John,ll be eaaaager to put Yan in his place,so i,m pretty confident that John,ll stop the rot and make Yan to look like a boy.

Where the buck is Dan- :cat: ?,i hope he,s awright and i hope he sees this comment,as i,d like to have a bet with him again.

Dear Sir Dan- :cat: ,i,ll bet you 3 bean n tattie pies that John,ll send your man packing!. :-D