Post a reply

BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Quarter Finals !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 9th - Sunday 17th of October at the Waterfront Hall, Belfast

Mark Selby and Ronnie O'Sullivan is out but 7 players that's won Ranking Tournaments still there with Mitchell Mann the odd one out playing in only his 2nd Quarter Final having made the semi-final of the 2017 Paul Hunter Classic.

Judd Trump still on course for his 4th Northern Ireland Open title, Can Mark Allen bring his run to an end?

DRAW

Quarter Finals
Judd Trump v Mark Allen Allen leads 14-12
Shaun Murphy v Ricky Walden Murphy leads 15-4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yan Bingtao v Mitchell Mann Yan Bingtao leads 2-0
John Higgins v David Gilbert Higgins leads 10-2

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Quarter Finals !!!!

Postby TheRocket

Ronnie O'Sullivan: 'If I had to choose between winning ten of these, what are these called, Home Nations, and one world title, I’d take one world title. That’s a proper event. This is just a bit of practice. No one is going to remember you for winning a Home Nations, are they?’

Postby Raziel

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan: 'If I had to choose between winning ten of these, what are these called, Home Nations, and one world title, I’d take one world title. That’s a proper event. This is just a bit of practice. No one is going to remember you for winning a Home Nations, are they?’

LOL. I wonder if he would have said that if he had won the previous three finals instead of Judd.

Sore loser. Always has been.

Although I do agree with him that the atmosphere was far better during the tobacco sponsorship era. Packed houses with the audience all around the table are far better than having another two tables playing alongside you. It's not 'rocket' science. Did you see what I did there. :-D
Last edited by Raziel on 15 Oct 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm busy tonight, but will hopefully be available for a Saturday and Sunday of snooker viewing. <ok>

Did you get a life, SF? :shock:

Don't be so bucking daft.

I'm watching the West Brom game.

Silly me :chuckle:

Good luck to the Baggies <ok>

Postby TheRocket

Raziel wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan: 'If I had to choose between winning ten of these, what are these called, Home Nations, and one world title, I’d take one world title. That’s a proper event. This is just a bit of practice. No one is going to remember you for winning a Home Nations, are they?’

LOL. I wonder if he would have said that if he had won the previous three finals instead of Judd.

He called the Home nation events minor events and good for practice in his post match interview which is just nonsense but he is right in terms of 1 World title > 10 Home nation events.

Postby Raziel

TheRocket wrote:
Raziel wrote:

He called the Home nation events minor events and good for practice in his post match interview which is just nonsense but he is right in terms of 1 World title > 10 Home nation events.

1 World title > 10 Home nation events.

I agree 100%.

Postby mantorok

Glancing blow to Trump <laugh>

Postby HappyCamper

TheRocket wrote:still not 100% convinced Allen handles the pressure in front of his home crowd. This is the best he has done so far in this tournament but now its an one table situation.

he did get to a couple quaters and semis once of the old northern ireland trophy.

Postby TheRocket

HappyCamper wrote:
TheRocket wrote:still not 100% convinced Allen handles the pressure in front of his home crowd. This is the best he has done so far in this tournament but now its an one table situation.

he did get to a couple quaters and semis once of the old northern ireland trophy.

yeah you're right. What I can say though is he always looked like a rabbit caught in headlights since this new Northern Ireland tournament began in 2016.

Postby TheRocket

mantorok wrote:

Glancing blow to Trump <laugh>

Pretty much. At the end of the day they both obviously have a reason to say what they say. Judd has a very poor record in the TC events and Ronnie holds the record.

Ronnie for sure is closer to the truth than Judd is with his view though. Judd is lying to himself if he thinks the Gibraltar Open is as important as the World or even the UK.

Postby hendry_fan

I think Allen will lose to Trump.

The match last night against Mags will have taken a lot o energy out of him,+ i sense that the pressure of playin in the 1/4,s in front of his crowd will ge to him.

Smurph,ll beat Walden and Yan,ll still be the Mann against Mitchell. :-)

As much as i like Dave,i,m afraid to say,that John,ll be ending Daves good run yet again.

Postby hendry_fan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Come on Judd!

Gid mornin Mr Juddie,sorry for not replying to one of your comments a few days ago,but i,ve been busy.

I did,nt see the good clearence fae Mags against Miah,i,ll watch it sometime on a rainy day,pity he did,nt manage one against Allen last night though.

How are u doin anyway?.Been playin any snooker?,have you met any lady?. :chin: :-D

I,m doin ok,as i wrote,i,ve been busy,but i,m on holiday next week. :happy:

Postby orky

Whether people think Ronnie is a sore loser or not, I agree that I'd much rather win 1 world title instead of 10 of these home nation rankers. Events are devalued anyway these days due to the sheer volume of them and players picking and choosing which events they enter. If say there were something like 8 or 9 rankers in a season like in years gone by they would have been worth more than they are now. The World Championship hasn't been altered in about 40 years, it is by far and away the biggest title any player could win.