Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Scottish Open Qualifiers !!!!

Postby Andre147

Ursenbacher should have gone 2-0 up, but lost the 2nd frame after Luca needed a snooker.

From there Luca got stronger. You can clearly see at the end of the match how much of a friendship both have developed.

Postby rekoons

Maybe he suddenly realised he actually enjoys the game itself, apart from only focusing on winning? Or he must really believe he can become somewhat competitive within the next 12 months?

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:How much longer is Hendry willing to subject himself to this, I wonder.

That wasent a great performance he wants to see how he will go but anyone can throw in a bad match hes won 2 matches this season in 3 events played some including Reanne Evans not won a single match.

He played better against Michael White even though Michael was not in Great form.

Expectation is a funny thing dont think he has as much as some fans has.

Postby Andre147

A pity Hendry won't be at the main venue playing for the trophy with his name on it. But isn't the Scottish Open in Wales this year?

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:How much longer is Hendry willing to subject himself to this, I wonder.

That wasent a great performance he wants to see how he will go but anyone can throw in a bad match hes won 2 matches this season in 3 events played some including Reanne Evans not won a single match.

He played better against Michael White even though Michael was not in Great form.

He has very high expectations. Hendry would never come back to just make up the numbers and have some fun. He might be not as hungry or determined as he was in the 90's obviously but he still wants to go deep in tournaments and his main goal is to play at the Crucible again (his own words). From what I've seen he has no hope.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:

How many not-bad performances has he put in?

Comparing to Reanne isn’t fair because a) she’s clearly currently a step below the main tour and b) Hendry is someone who’s used to dominating this level. Even when he retired would he have lost 4-0 to Taylor playing the way Taylor did today?

It’s not about how bad the performance was in isolation but how badly he’s playing in general and how frustrating it must be for him.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

How many not-bad performances has he put in?

Comparing to Reanne isn’t fair because a) she’s clearly currently a step below the main tour and b) Hendry is someone who’s used to dominating this level. Even when he retired would he have lost 4-0 to Taylor playing the way Taylor did today?

It’s not about how bad the performance was in isolation but how badly he’s playing in general and how frustrating it must be for him.

I Don't think he's frustrated YET but he will want to put in a good stab at it at some point Playing qualifiers was never going to inspire him anyway.

OK Forget Reanne.

But there are worst players than Hendry the way he plays today currently on tour.

Postby Andre147

I know Hendry's main motivation is to return to The Crucible, but can't see him doing that if he keeps losing early tournament after tournament.

Not saying he has to reach a Final or something, but he would need at least a Last 16 or quarter-final at an event to boost his confidence.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:I know Hendry's main motivation is to return to The Crucible, but can't see him doing that if he keeps losing early tournament after tournament.

Not saying he has to reach a Final or something, but he would need at least a Last 16 or quarter-final at an event to boost his confidence.

Another Motivation was Crowds he will get that at the UK but unless he goes through Qualifiers there's none of that in other events this season for him

Postby cupotee

gould letting jiankang back into this match , i had jiankang in a seven fold accumulator including judge and jak jones that i cashed out on after gould led 2 - 0 , wish i stucked with it now.

Postby James Bentley

Not sure what's going on with the scheduling of these qualifiers. Last week for the English Open we had the matches involving Hendry and Jimmy on at the same time, this week the matches involving Reanne and Ken are scheduled for the same time slot. It's like they've chosen the matches that might interest any casual fans and made sure they clash with one another.

Postby csprince

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I know Hendry's main motivation is to return to The Crucible, but can't see him doing that if he keeps losing early tournament after tournament.

Another Motivation was Crowds he will get that at the UK but unless he goes through Qualifiers there's none of that in other events this season for him

when hendry returned the 1st round of the home nations would of been at the venue and he would have been on the main table especially at the scottish open.

Postby csprince

James Bentley wrote:Not sure what's going on with the scheduling of these qualifiers. Last week for the English Open we had the matches involving Hendry and Jimmy on at the same time, this week the matches involving Reanne and Ken are scheduled for the same time slot. It's like they've chosen the matches that might interest any casual fans and made sure they clash with one another.

expect mark allen and reanne to be on opposite tables at the uk.

Postby csprince

Andre147 wrote:A pity Hendry won't be at the main venue playing for the trophy with his name on it. But isn't the Scottish Open in Wales this year?

it is mr santos if they ever play a ranker in portugal it will probably be held in spain.

Postby HappyCamper

csprince wrote:
Andre147 wrote:A pity Hendry won't be at the main venue playing for the trophy with his name on it. But isn't the Scottish Open in Wales this year?

it is mr santos if they ever play a ranker in portugal it will probably be held in spain.

there was a european tour event in lisbon!

Postby csprince

HappyCamper wrote:
csprince wrote:

thank you mr camper i thought there was a ptc event in portugal but wasn't sure.

Postby Andre147

csprince wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
csprince wrote:

thank you mr camper i thought there was a ptc event in portugal but wasn't sure.

My first ever event as a referee! A pity it was only in 2014, but fingers crossed the best return here someday...

Postby cupotee

I remember the european tour event in portugal , i also remember was it one or two held in gibraltar where there was a total of about three players from the iberian peninsula participating in the tournament , reaping the benefits of that til this day , boggles the mind.

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Iranu wrote:I’m watching King vs McLeod

Pray for Iranu

I'm wataching PSG vs Man City.

No prayers there

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Iranu wrote:I’m watching King vs McLeod

Pray for Iranu

Prayed. <ok>

God laughed :shock:

Rory McLeod: “Look upon my works, ye Iranu, and despair.”

Postby Iranu

Makes me think Ben Williams must be one of the best current refs to have in this sort of situation because he’s generally quite light-hearted and not overly stern, but still pretty authoritative.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:Makes me think Ben Williams must be one of the best current refs to have in this sort of situation because he’s generally quite light-hearted and not overly stern, but still pretty authoritative.

He is probably the ref I’d least like to fight. :hmmm:

Postby Andre147

Just watched the incident Iranu mentioned... by the way, thanks mate for bringing it up.

All I can say is Ben Williams is one of WST best referees, and a top bloke, I've met him and done a few tournaments with him too. He's just a proper Snooker referee.