Post a reply

Re: BetVictor English Open Qualifiers !!!!

Postby James Bentley

Snooker Betting Experts wrote:We are readers of the forum. We have recently started an account in Twitter to recommend snooker bets. @snookerbete

We believe Oliver Lines today has a more than a decent chance to beat Zhang Anda. What do you think?

It's the Borg! I think they're trying to assimilate us.

Postby chengdufan

James Bentley wrote:
Snooker Betting Experts wrote:We are readers of the forum. We have recently started an account in Twitter to recommend snooker bets. @snookerbete

We believe Oliver Lines today has a more than a decent chance to beat Zhang Anda. What do you think?

It's the Borg! I think they're trying to assimilate us.

What are the odds?

Postby Prop

Raziel wrote:Hendry v Michael White tomorrow (22nd) at 4pm.

I will be watching that one.

Also Zhao Xintong and Jimmy playing at the same time!

Postby Prop

James Bentley wrote:Rob Milkins vs Jamie Wilson up next, should be entertaining. And fast. And probably quite loose as well.

Indeed. Jamie Wilson looks every bit the ‘ridiculously talented but inconsistent’ player in the making. I hope he proves me wrong. We’re going to need players like him in a few years.

Postby chengdufan

Wilson has just gone 2-0 up. Stole the second frame with an excellent 62 clearance after Milkins had led 51-0

Postby Prop

chengdufan wrote:Wilson has just gone 2-0 up. Stole the second frame with an excellent 62 clearance after Milkins had led 51-0

He cues the ball so nicely!

Milkman keeps making positional errors. He’s getting in but making nothing from it.

Postby Prop

And it’s 3-0 Wilson. Taking full advantage of an out of sorts Milkins. Can’t really see anything but a Wilson win.

Postby Raziel

Prop wrote:
Raziel wrote:Hendry v Michael White tomorrow (22nd) at 4pm.

I will be watching that one.

Also Zhao Xintong and Jimmy playing at the same time!

Yes. I do rate Zhao Xintong pretty highly. But, like a lot of the younger Chinese players, he does not seem to have a lot of cue power.

Part of the reason why Judd wins so much is because he has tremendous cue power and can play shots (including certain shots-to-nothing) that other players can't play.

It's strange though, because it's not really that difficult to hit the cue ball with power.

You just use a longer backswing, exerting constant downward pressure from the cue to your bridge hand. (You can actually see the cue bending when Judd and other players do this.) Then you grip the cue a bit firmer on impact and keep your head still.

I am 60 years old and I can still hit the cue ball harder that virtually all of the younger players in my club.

As I said earlier, it's not that difficult if you know how to do it.

Postby rekoons

Yes, but can you hit the CB with powar *and* accuracy?

I actually see the cue bending up instead of down with certain players (ronnie and higgins for example)

Postby Raziel

rekoons wrote:Yes, but can you hit the CB with powar *and* accuracy?

I actually see the cue bending up instead of down with certain players (ronnie and higgins for example)

Unless you use a loop-bridge to hold the front of the cue down, I think the cue bending upwards is impossible.

Postby Prop

I’ve got steadily worse at playing accurately with power, but a few key shots I’m still ok at. Low blue just off straight round the baulk angles with running side is no problem, I can get down past the pink spot if I need to. But it’s the shots where there’s a lot of distance between cueball and object ball I tend to screw up these days, if I put too much into the shot.

Incidentally, watching Jamie Wilson there he seems to get plenty of power into a shot without over hitting it. Nice pause and perfect timing. That’s a great asset to have.

Postby Prop

Raziel wrote:
rekoons wrote:Yes, but can you hit the CB with powar *and* accuracy?

Unless you use a loop-bridge to hold the front of the cue down, I think the cue bending upwards is impossible.

I suspect one of you is talking about the tip end of the cue bending upwards, and one of you is talking about the middle of the cue bending downwards.

Postby Prop

rekoons wrote:i'm talking about the butt end of the cue bending upwards:

Yep. Tip end or butt end up, middle of the cue down. Same thing, essentially :-)

Postby rekoons

Erm, I don't see the tip end going up or the middle of the cue going down in this clip actually.

It looks like he anchors the cue shaft with his chin (by not raising his head) and simultaneously yanking the butt end up, thus the cues seems to bend around the chin while the tip neither rises or lowers. :shrug:

<laugh> overanalyzing

Postby Raziel

rekoons wrote:Erm, I don't see the tip end going up or the middle of the cue going down in this clip actually.

It looks like he anchors the cue shaft with his chin (by not raising his head) and simultaneously yanking the butt end up, thus the cues seems to bend around the chin while the tip neither rises or lowers. :shrug:

<laugh> overanalyzing

Yes, we both actually meant the same thing. lol. :-D