Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live British Open Final !!

Postby Muller

Dan-cat wrote:
Muller wrote:And there was me thinking that the post match interviews were going to be indistinguishable from discourses with Noam Chomsky and Ludwig Wittgenstein Words cannot express my disappointment. Bloody snooker players, they should be reading these guys in between practice routines.

You should post more <laugh>

I do lurk quite a bit and enjoy reading posts. But thanks!

Postby Dan-cat

Muller wrote:Will do. I am all for free speech and sometimes many are too ready to take offence but that was nasty and uncalled for.

Me too re the free speech, it's a difficult balance to strike. Do we tolerate intolerance? The omnipresent conundrum.

Postby Muller

Dan-cat wrote:
Muller wrote:Will do. I am all for free speech and sometimes many are too ready to take offence but that was nasty and uncalled for.

Me too re the free speech, it's a difficult balance to strike. Do we tolerate intolerance? The omnipresent conundrum.

Yes. I am also a fan of darts and the Darts Forum can be very amusing but sometimes posters go too far and it loses its potency In fairness I think some are being ironic.

It is a difficult balance.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Muller wrote:Really? Good work. I thought his comments were really unpleasant.

You weren't the only one. Please do hit the report post button, it helps us mods, the site works better with self-policing.

I was going to report last night but decided to sleep on it and think about whether I was being oversensitive.

Postby Iranu

Muller wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Yes. I am also a fan of darts and the Darts Forum can be very amusing but sometimes posters go too far and it loses its potency In fairness I think some are being ironic.

I’m not sure free speech really comes into it when accusing strangers of being something without explanation.

It’s slander/libel (not sure which applies when it’s written but on a forum setting). Could it potentially open the forum to lawsuits even?

Postby Muller

Iranu wrote:
Muller wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I’m not sure free speech really comes into it when accusing strangers of being something without explanation.

It’s slander/libel (not sure which applies when it’s written but on a forum setting). Could it potentially open the forum to lawsuits even?

Yes, interesting point. I am always the first to defend freedom of speech but we must always work within libel and slander laws. That said, I think the poster was just throwing out insults. As i recall, he / she has put up some pretty unpleasant stuff in the past.

Postby Dan-cat

Muller wrote:
Yes, interesting point. I am always the first to defend freedom of speech but we must always work within libel and slander laws. That said, I think the poster was just throwing out insults. As i recall, he / she has put up some pretty unpleasant stuff in the past.

He seems to think he has some kind of golden ticket because he was an original member from the old 606 forum, (I don't really know what that is, but I think a bunch of members came from that and started Snooker Island.) I've chatted at length on PM and he seems a decent sort, but then there's usually that element with trolls where they sweet-talk the mods.

Anyway, his habit of coming in when a tournament is won, and slagging off the winners, winding people up. It won't happen again. Will it Vodka. Because the ban will be longer next time

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:
Muller wrote:

He seems to think he has some kind of golden ticket because he was an original member from the old 606 forum, (I don't really know what that is, but I think a bunch of members came from that and started Snooker Island.) I've chatted at length on PM and he seems a decent sort, but then there's usually that element with trolls where they sweet-talk the mods.

Anyway, his habit of coming in when a tournament is won, and slagging off the winners, winding people up. It won't happen again. Will it Vodka. Because the ban will be longer next time

:hatoff:

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Muller wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

The darts forums in general went overboard and became full of terrible in jokes.

Postby Holden Chinaski

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Muller wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

The darts forums in general went overboard and became full of terrible in jokes.

DECLINE!

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Muller wrote:

First it started with Ronnie, but it happens with other players too like MJW.

Look at Hendry-fan for instance.. the guy can be annoying.. he can go weeks without posting, and as soon as ROS loses a match he makes a "funny" post about it. But my point being he doesn't come across as disrespectful. He may be annoying, but I don't think he's ever been banned from SI before.

And I respect Vodka for being who he is, Vegan and all that, but he sometimes brings in the vegan discussion into topics like these without any reason whatsoever and that can't happen.

Hope Dan's ban has teached him something. We can all have good banter around here, but sometimes enough is enough and Dan thought it was the right move the other day and I can only support his decision.

Postby Raziel

vodkadiet1 wrote:Many good people will be giving up their time for the future of the planet over the next couple of weeks by trying to get through to stupid people like Mark Williams about how they are destroying the planet with their selfish life choices but will anything penetrate the ivory domes of wastes of space like Williams and his dumbass family? Not a chance! Kebabs all around for the Williams clan!! And no doubt driving a gas guzzling SUV back to Wales in the morning. Cheers mate!

Short termism and selfishness wins the day, And there will be no snooker when there is no planet!

Those horrible Marxist protesters! Get the water cannon!!

rofl

Postby mick745

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote: ...dan edit....

Anymore body shaming you wanna get in before I report you?

Many good people will be giving up their time for the future of the planet over the next couple of weeks by trying to get through to stupid people like Mark Williams about how they are destroying the planet with their selfish life choices but will anything penetrate the ivory domes of wastes of space like Williams and his dumbass family? Not a chance! Kebabs all around for the Williams clan!! And no doubt driving a gas guzzling SUV back to Wales in the morning. Cheers mate!

Short termism and selfishness wins the day, And there will be no snooker when there is no planet!

Those horrible Marxist protesters! Get the water cannon!!

Did you type that on your smart phone?

Postby McManusFan

Dan-cat wrote:The planet will be just fine, the human race might extinguish itself, but the planet will carry on regardless

When people say that, I'm never really sure what point they are trying to make.

Postby Prop

McManusFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:The planet will be just fine, the human race might extinguish itself, but the planet will carry on regardless

That the human race is not the ‘everything’ that we might feel it is, but rather a microscopic blip in the context of time and space. We are nothing. A burst of intelligent life that rises and falls in the blink of an eye.

Postby Dan-cat

Prop wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

That the human race is not the ‘everything’ that we might feel it is, but rather a microscopic blip in the context of time and space. We are nothing. A burst of intelligent life that rises and falls in the blink of an eye.

Exactly. Probably already happened before us.

Postby Iranu

Depends on your definition of “the planet” and “fine” I suppose.

Postby McManusFan

Prop wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

So what? Yes, on the scale of the universe we barely register, and I do think there is a weird sense of comfort to be had from realising just how small humanity is. But in the context of looking at a problem on a human scale it's not particularly helpful.