Post a reply

Matchroom.Live British Open Final !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 16th ~ Sunday 22nd of August at The Morningside Arena, Leicester

So Gary Wilson for only the second time has reached a Ranking Final the first time was in 2015 at the China Open where he was Hammered 10-2 by Mark Selby.

6 years on and a World Championship Semi Final under his belt he might be more ready to take on 3 times World Champion Mark Williams for the title in a shorter best of 11 match but in terms of this week its a Marathon.

Who Will Win?

DRAW

Final
Gary Wilson v Mark J Williams Williams leads 3-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Matchroom.Live British Open Final !!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Pity that we have to wait until 7pm for the snooker to start. This is the first day this week that I've been at home all day.

It's just got worst for you its a 7.30pm start lol

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Pity that we have to wait until 7pm for the snooker to start. This is the first day this week that I've been at home all day.

It's just got worst for you its a 7.30pm start lol

Is it?

<doh>

This actually annoys me. Probably more than the announcement of best of fives did.

Bloody horse racing.

Postby Running side

SnookerFan wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:Old man Leo reffing the final according to a tweet Tatiana put out.

Give it to Desislava.

I'd like to.

Postby Prop

Running side wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:Old man Leo reffing the final according to a tweet Tatiana put out.

Give it to Desislava.

I'd like to.

Form an orderly queue.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/21/stephen-hendry-plans-to-extend-snooker-comeback-im-not-putting-any-time-limit-on-it-15129878/

Says he wants to play at the Crucible, then goes on to say he’s going to pick and choose his tournaments. Doesn’t really add up, does it?

Postby mantorok

Should be a close final I hope, I actually don’t mind who wins despite being a Williams fan. I just think new winners are good for the game too.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:I have never been less psyched for a snooker final.

I have.

But I was in a coma at the time :sad:

Postby Wildey

Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/21/stephen-hendry-plans-to-extend-snooker-comeback-im-not-putting-any-time-limit-on-it-15129878/

Says he wants to play at the Crucible, then goes on to say he’s going to pick and choose his tournaments. Doesn’t really add up, does it?

He needs to pay more no doubt and make breaks that is a major fail in his game during this come back.

Did not see his match with Wilson but against Wakelin his long game was better than id seen it for donkeys.

Had he not lost his long game in 2012 he would have been a better player and might not have retired.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:I have never been less psyched for a snooker final.

Come on man, at least it’s a proper match length, even if it isn’t a proper final format.

Postby Prop

Wildey wrote:
Prop wrote:

He needs to pay more no doubt and make breaks that is a major fail in his game during this come back.

Did not see his match with Wilson but against Wakelin his long game was better than id seen it for donkeys.

Had he not lost his long game in 2012 he would have been a better player and might not have retired.

Yeah, there are players out there that play in absolutely everything they can, good players, and they’ll never play at the Crucible. The players that do get there not only put the time in but also have that extra something, which Hendry potentially still has. But without putting time into tournament play it’s no use having that X factor alone. I just don’t see how he thinks he’ll play there again unless he does everything he can to maximise his chances of getting there.

Problem is there’s such a fine line between winning matches and not quite having the form and focus to get you through and build consistency. He needs to use every tool in the box to create that extra few percent, and that includes putting himself into battle over and over, win or lose.

Postby LDS

Wouldn't it be weird for both G Wilson and Gilbert to get back to back ranking wins just after the two year anniversary of their World's haul expires!

Maybe there is some truth to the notion that seeing yourself plummet in the rankings is the best coach you can have.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Prop wrote:

His long game has been easily the best part of his game since he came back.