Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Qualifiers !!!!

Postby cupotee

lhpirnie wrote:
cupotee wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:
cupotee wrote:why didn't dechawat poomjaeng enter the q school , he's more than capable of mixing it here.

Don't know the answer but hasn't entered the last 3 q schools

There are problems obtaining funding for snooker in Thailand now. Sadly, I don't expect there to be any more professionals - it just costs too much to come here and play.

ok but i asked because his wiki page says he's based at the star academy in sheffield , maybe that needs updating now though i don't know.

The STAR Academy doesn't exist anymore. When Ding's Academy opened, the remaining STAR players went there or transferred to Victoria's. In his final year on tour Dechawat Poomjaeng suffered from kidney disease, returned to Bangkok, recovered somewhat and played in Q School one time. But he has a family and plays at the High End club where he helps young players.

thanks , just out of curiosity is it ding's own money that paid for Ding's Academy or is it a number of people or even help from the Chinese government ?

Postby Juddernaut88

Is there an issue with the live scores website? everytime I've been on it this afternoon it keeps saying@

Sorry, there are no live matches at the current time.

Please check back again later.

It was working this morning.

Postby lhpirnie

cupotee wrote:thanks , just out of curiosity is it ding's own money that paid for Ding's Academy or is it a number of people or even help from the Chinese government ?

I believe it's mainly coming from Ding's side, but they do have a revenue stream from some contracted players and the table money. It's run by Ding, Tian Pengfei and Keith Warren.

Postby SteveJJ

Juddernaut88 wrote:Is there an issue with the live scores website? everytime I've been on it this afternoon it keeps saying@

Sorry, there are no live matches at the current time.

Please check back again later.

It was working this morning.

Yes its been off most of the day. World snooker did tweet to say that they were aware.

Has spread to the scoring on one of the tables

Postby SnookerEd25

csprince wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I just got a snooker question on House Of Games.

well it wasn't when are the northern ireland qualifiers being played.

:lol:

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:

well it wasn't when are the northern ireland qualifiers being played.

Blocked.

<laugh>

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

What was it?

It showed a picture of some snooker balls and you had to specify which ones were worth more than 3 points.

rofl well done on getting it

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

What was it?

It showed a picture of some snooker balls and you had to specify which ones were worth more than 3 points.

rofl well done on getting it

It only took me 2 hours.

Postby James Bentley

Noppon wins the decider. He had first chance but inexplicably missed a green when on about 25 or so. Thepchaiya got in and even more inexplicably missed a red when on about 20. Second chance for Noppon and he took it.