Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Qualifiers !!!!

Postby James Bentley

csprince wrote:have the first two matches been taken off.? they should have more than two tables.

Definitely only two matches on. well one now, because Lu Ning has just won his match 4-3.

Postby HappyCamper

cupotee wrote:did gerard greene effectively stay on tour through the one year list from the shoot out and pro series ? seems a bit of an insult to amateurs paying a grand q school entry fee and a bit too in house.

he qualified from the one year list, but he got more points from his uk and world qualifying runs than the shoot out or pro series.

Postby SteveJJ

cupotee wrote:did gerard greene effectively stay on tour through the one year list from the shoot out and pro series ? seems a bit of an insult to amateurs paying a grand q school entry fee and a bit too in house.

He didn't do too much else last season and didn't really do well in the pro series either. Big win for him winning a round at the world qualifying

Postby HappyCamper

cupotee wrote:But outside of the first round worlds and uk his only other win was a first round welsh open win over farak ajaib who he also beat in the pro series , would he have qualified without the three shoot out wins ?

he finished 1500 ahead of the next eligible player on the one year list. his total point from the shoot out and pro series were 2000 and 1500 respectively. so if he had finished bottom of his group or had exited the shoot out first round then technically he wouldn't have qualified.

but all the points are fungible, he wouldn't have qualified with out his uk or worlds wins, or indeed his welsh open win. which were all worth more then the shootout and pro series.

Postby lhpirnie

SteveJJ wrote:
cupotee wrote:why didn't dechawat poomjaeng enter the q school , he's more than capable of mixing it here.

Don't know the answer but hasn't entered the last 3 q schools

There are problems obtaining funding for snooker in Thailand now. Sadly, I don't expect there to be any more professionals - it just costs too much to come here and play.

Postby cupotee

lhpirnie wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:
cupotee wrote:why didn't dechawat poomjaeng enter the q school , he's more than capable of mixing it here.

There are problems obtaining funding for snooker in Thailand now. Sadly, I don't expect there to be any more professionals - it just costs too much to come here and play.

ok but i asked because his wiki page says he's based at the star academy in sheffield , maybe that needs updating now though i don't know.

Postby lhpirnie

cupotee wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

ok but i asked because his wiki page says he's based at the star academy in sheffield , maybe that needs updating now though i don't know.

The STAR Academy doesn't exist anymore. When Ding's Academy opened, the remaining STAR players went there or transferred to Victoria's. In his final year on tour Dechawat Poomjaeng suffered from kidney disease, returned to Bangkok, recovered somewhat and played in Q School one time. But he has a family and plays at the High End club where he helps young players.