Post a reply

BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Qualifiers !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 23rd - Friday 27th of August at the Morningside Arena in Leicester

This season there is a Qualifying Round for the Home Nations with top 16 seeds carried through to the venue.

Belfast will be the destination for the winners and with Ding Junhui not playing compatriot Zhou Yuelong is elivated to 16th seed and goes through to the venue where he will play Jimmy Robertson.

Dave Gilbert who has been a mainstay of the top 16 for a few years will have to Qualify and will play Ian Burns.

Who will Qualify?

DRAW

Selected Qualifying Matches
Scott Donaldson v Lu Ning
Zhang Anda v Fergal O'Brien
Zhao Xintong v Matthew Stevens
Liam Highfield v Reanne Evans
Ryan Day v Igor Figeiredo
Michael Holt v Chris Wakelin
Ashley Carty v Jamie Jones
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Noppon Saengkham
Ricky Walden v Fraser Patrick
Matthew Selt v Yuan Sijun
Alfie Burden v Chen Zifan
Joe Perry v Oliver Lines
Lukas Kleckers v Ben Woollaston
Ali Carter v Anthony Hamilton
Xiao Guodong v Peter Lines
Robert Milkins v Nigel Bond
Liang Wenbo v Pang Junxu
Luca Brecel v Michael White
Martin Gould v Ken Doherty
Soheil Vahedi v Jak Jones
Jimmy White v David Grace
Dave Gilbert v Ian Burns

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Qualifiers !!!!

Postby Wildey

With Qualifiers and Main Event the Northern Ireland Open is 14 days this season compared to 7 before.

Only 23 out of 127 matches not streamed/TV on Eurosport Player compared to 74 not streamed/TV on eurosport player last season out of 127 matches.

Postby James Bentley

SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Is it still best of 7?

best of 11.

I thought it was still best of seven.

I'm watching Lu Ning v Scott Donaldson right now and it's definitely best of 7.

Postby Juddernaut88

James Bentley wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Is it still best of 7?

best of 11.

I thought it was still best of seven.

I'm watching Lu Ning v Scott Donaldson right now and it's definitely best of 7.

Where are you watching it on?

Postby LDS

For those taking interest in ranking place movements over the next few tournaments, there's not much to see I'm afraid.

Aside from the Selby v Trump battle for No.1 & Ding's potential plummet after the UK in December, the only other player that might raise eyebrows is Yan Bingtao, who performed well in the 2019 pre-Christmas events to such an extent that if he doesn't get some good prize money in the next few month he'll be drifting out of the top 16 and become a close lurker like his good friend Yuelong.

Postby SnookerFan

LDS wrote:For those taking interest in ranking place movements over the next few tournaments, there's not much to see I'm afraid.

Aside from the Selby v Trump battle for No.1 & Ding's potential plummet after the UK in December, the only other player that might raise eyebrows is Yan Bingtao, who performed well in the 2019 pre-Christmas events to such an extent that if he doesn't get some good prize money in the next few month he'll be drifting out of the top 16 and become a close lurker like his good friend Yuelong.

What do we all make of Trump's attitude to losing his number one spot?

World Number One seems a bit less relevant now they change the rankings several times a season. Yes, it's nice to have. But dropping it for a few months isn't the biggest deal. Yes, he's won more than Selby recently, but Selby has won the bigger tournaments. It does seem like it's being made into a bigger controversy than it is.

Fair enough if he wants it back, Judd could use it as motivation to try harder to succeed. That's fine. But he seems to take it as a personal attack that he's not number one any more. Judd often seems distracted by what people think of him.

Postby LDS

Being No.1 does involve everyone gunning for you. You instantly lose all the underdog support the second you achieve the top spot & you only have one way to go, eventually.

Trump being stressed by it is not unusual and is in fact normal, there's no paranoia when you're no.1, everyone really is out to get you! (except your core fans, of course).

Postby SteveJJ

So they are only using 2 tables? Shame. With the extra time they could have easily upped it to best of 9's if they were using 4 tables.

Could have balanced out the negativity around length of games at British open.