Post a reply

Matchroom.Live British Open Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 16th ~ Sunday 22nd of August at The Morningside Arena, Leicester

It was the day the veterans was culled at the British Open with Stephen Hendry, Jimmy White and Ken Doherty losing

Also out went the 4 Times and defending World Champion Mark Selby but stil in is Judd Trump who now knows what he has to do to stay World No 1, Stephen Maguire and John Higgins.

Also in the draw is Ross Muir the final Amateur still there and he's playing Allan Taylor.

With only 9 top 32 players still there and 12 outside the top 64 there could be a surprise winner of the Tournament.

Who will go through to the last 16?

DRAW

Last 32
Liam Highfield v Mark Williams Williams leads 5-1
Judd Trump v Elliot Slessor Trump leads 5-0
Allan Taylor v Ross Muir Taylor leads 1-0
Joe O'Connor v Anthony Hamilton Never played before
Ali Carter v Oliver Lines Tied at 1-1
Jak Jones v Hossein Vafaei Tied at 1-1
Xu Si v Gary Wilson Wilson leads 1-0
Zhang Jiankang v Pang Junxu Never played before
Ben Hancorn v Lu Ning Never played before
Duane Jones v Jimmy Robertson Robertson leads 3-0
Matthew Selt v Zhou Yuelong Zhou Yuelong leads 2-0
Lukas Kleckers v Lee Walker Never played before
Ricky Walden v John Higgins Higgins leads 8-3
Hammad Miah v Luca Brecel Brecel leads 4-1
Stephen Maguire v Jordan Brown Maguire leads 2-1
Andrew Pagett v David Gilbert Gilbert leads 2-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Matchroom.Live British Open Last 32 !!

Postby Prop

Carter is well capable of winning this. But I fully expect him to put in a shocker and exit, either this round or next. He’s got a great game, but doesn’t find it consistently enough.

Judd will definitely be favourite, yeah. But I personally wouldn’t write off the others like I just have Carter <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:Carter is well capable of winning this. But I fully expect him to put in a shocker and exit, either this round or next. He’s got a great game, but doesn’t find it consistently enough.

Judd will definitely be favourite, yeah. But I personally wouldn’t write off the others like I just have Carter <laugh>

Attitude Carter or Lucky Trump?

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:Carter is well capable of winning this. But I fully expect him to put in a shocker and exit, either this round or next. He’s got a great game, but doesn’t find it consistently enough.

Attitude Carter or Lucky Trump?

Keep an eye on John Higgins. He’s one to watache.

Postby SnookerFan

Phil Seymour is back today to do the announcing.

I always wondered why ITV have Phil Seymour when they have Rob Walker doing backstage stuff. Couldn't he do both announcing and backstage stuff?

Not a complaint, because I think both are brilliant at what they do. Just curious

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Phil Seymour is back today to do the announcing.

I always wondered why ITV have Phil Seymour when they have Rob Walker doing backstage stuff. Couldn't he do both announcing and backstage stuff?

Not a complaint, because I think both are brilliant at what they do. Just curious

It's a job sharing scheme.

Postby SnookerEd25

Given the number of players below the top 32 still in the competition, if there is to be a surprise winner shall we speculate who it could be?

I’m hoping for Hossein Vafaei myself, and not just for the ThinkPInk points…

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerEd25 wrote:Given the number of players below the top 32 still in the competition, if there is to be a surprise winner shall we speculate who it could be?

I’m hoping for Hossein Vafaei myself, and not just for the ThinkPInk points…

I do like that guy a lot and he has a keen game.

But the engravers have already done Trump on the trophy so...

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:'re the MCs... You would think to become an MC you would be the most eloquent, the most witty, the most authorative sounding person available. But no.

I like both Phil Seymour and Rob Walker as MC.

People say a lot of stuff about Rob, but I actually really like him. If you attend live events a lot, you'll see the MC is often out before the live television kicks in to warm up the crowd. Rob does that as well as anybody. For all his annoying Cruce banter, Rob is very good as an MC. Probably the best. It's not until you see somebody doing it poorly, you realise how good he is.

Phil is also very good at it, and is quite responsive to fans on social media. I find it hard to say a bad word about him either. MC-ing takes a level of presence and charisma that not everybody has. These two do.

I was just thinking out loud. If I was running a TV channel, and had one of them doing backstage interviews, and I wanted an MC for the last three days of the tournament it would seem easier and cheaper to use the one that was already there.

I wasn't saying I'd prefer one over the other. I was just curious as to the reasons. Maybe Rob didn't want to do it if he was doing a lot of backstage work. Or maybe he's just doing more backstage stuff then we realise.

Postby Juddernaut88

Feels weird having "moving day" on a Friday instead of Thursday, I'm so used to seeing that on a Thursday with home nation events but yes this event is different to those.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Feels weird having "moving day" on a Friday instead of Thursday, I'm so used to seeing that on a Thursday with home nation events but yes this event is different to those.

Technically tomorrow is one too.

I'm not too keen on them usually. Like I said before, the Champion Of Champions is fine, because the tournament is built around having different players on each day. Having two two-rounder days in a row seems a bit much though. Feels rushed somehow.

Sorry WST. Just stating my opinion. Sorry. Sorry.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Feels weird having "moving day" on a Friday instead of Thursday, I'm so used to seeing that on a Thursday with home nation events but yes this event is different to those.

Technically tomorrow is one too.

I'm not too keen on them usually. Like I said before, the Champion Of Champions is fine, because the tournament is built around having different players on each day. Having two two-rounder days in a row seems a bit much though. Feels rushed somehow.

It's just so careless at this level.

Sorry WST. Just stating my opinion. Sorry. Sorry.

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:It was a honest mistake.

Mine was just rank incompetence.

We must all play to our strengths.

Postby SnookerFan

Alan McManus @AlanMac1990
Rob Walker and myself will be making the Last-16 draw live for you this afternoon, straight after the 1 o’clock main table match.
The Quarter & Semi final draws will be live during tonight’s session. I’ll confirm the exact time when I know for certain.
#britishopensnooker

I like that they're doing that. If you're having a random draw, it's always fun watching the draw being done.

I understand that if you're drawing 64 matches early on, it's more difficult to put it on TV, but it's felt missing.