Post a reply

Re: British Open Last 128 !!!!

Postby csprince

mantorok wrote:
csprince wrote:
Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:These adverts are making me wonder if I'm the typical target audience here...

Are they for men's products?

Funerals. Life insurance. You know, stuff for pensioners.

erectile dysfuntion impotence.

Those seem to kick-in during the evening sessions.

alcohol will have that effect.

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:
csprince wrote:
alcohol will have that effect.

Amateurs wait until the evening to start drinking.

pros practice for at least 4 hours a day.

Postby Prop

Equally good brown and blue. And Bingo Bongo is through.

Postby SnookerFan

I know a lot of people are enjoying this more than they thought, but I hate the variety argument.

People keep saying that the season should have shorter and longer format tournaments, but where are the long format tournaments? The Tour Championship and The Crucible? That's two.

The longest after that are Best Of Eleven. Nothing wrong with best of eleven, but when they're considered amongst the longer frame tournaments, you know that in reality this "variety" doesn't exist.

Postby mantorok

Jill: Earlier on we saw Luca Bracel in action against err..

Neal: Barry Hawkins

Jill: Barry Hawkins, my mind's gone completely blank

Not for the first time Jill ;-)

Postby Prop

mantorok wrote:Jill: Earlier on we saw Luca Bracel in action against err..

I can hear Iranu again.

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:
mantorok wrote:Jill: Earlier on we saw Luca Bracel in action against err..

I can hear Iranu again.

Iranu wrote:Jill Douglas is awesome

Postby csprince

Iranu wrote:Jill Douglas is awesome

either iranu has had a blow to the head.or jill's husband has found out where iranu lives.

Re: Matchroom.Live British Open Last 128 !!!!

Postby Prop

barrysnookerfan1985 wrote:Is this the first tournament Terry Camilleri has reffed since before the pandemic, I'm sure I haven't seen him for a while

Might well be. I’ve noticed quite a few refs this tournament that haven’t been seen for a while.

Postby SnookerEd25

Prop wrote:
barrysnookerfan1985 wrote:Is this the first tournament Terry Camilleri has reffed since before the pandemic, I'm sure I haven't seen him for a while

Might well be. I’ve noticed quite a few refs this tournament that haven’t been seen for a while.

John Williams was reffing on table 32 yesterday…:chin:

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Prop wrote:

<laugh>

Postby barrysnookerfan1985

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Prop wrote:

:-D

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Angles disses the haters.

https://alanangles19.wordpress.com/2021 ... f-british/

Sound thinker that one.

I have a lot of respect for Angles, but I take issue a bit with this;

"As we have all been through the wringer this last 18 months, it’s high time for a collective embrace of the format diversity the World Snooker Tour is serving up during an increasingly (and thankfully) packed calendar"

I don't think we get diversity as much as we pretend we do in the snooker season. We get two tournaments with longer format than best of eleven on the calendar, we get loads of short ones. The "tour needs variety" excuse gets rolled out every time they make a shorter tournament. We never hear; "We've created a tournament with best of nineteen all the way through for diversity reasons."

I get what he's saying about tournaments needing to feel different, but it would be nice for some real variety and not just this fake variety used to justify the shorter tournaments. The season would be better for two or three longer-frame tournaments.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Sound thinker that one.

I have a lot of respect for Angles, but I take issue a bit with this;

"As we have all been through the wringer this last 18 months, it’s high time for a collective embrace of the format diversity the World Snooker Tour is serving up during an increasingly (and thankfully) packed calendar"

I don't think we get diversity as much as we pretend we do in the snooker season. We get two tournaments with longer format than best of eleven on the calendar, we get loads of short ones. The "tour needs variety" excuse gets rolled out every time they make a shorter tournament. We never hear; "We've created a tournament with best of nineteen all the way through for diversity reasons."

I get what he's saying about tournaments needing to feel different, but it would be nice for some real variety and not just this fake variety used to justify the shorter tournaments. The season would be better for two or three longer-frame tournaments.

I suppose that’s what the Tour Championship is. Even that’s been slashed down, but as it was presumably because of certain events we can hope it’ll go back to the original length soon.

But yeah, we need more long ones.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Sound thinker that one.

...We never hear; "We've created a tournament with best of nineteen all the way through for diversity reasons."...

Well, yes we did. We got the Tour Champs which is almost exactly that.