Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage 1 !!!!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie who rarely complains about match conditions is bellyaching about the air conditioner.

Ronnie didn't complain, Collier was explaining something about the air con to both players.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie who rarely complains about match conditions is bellyaching about the air conditioner.

Ronnie didn't complain, Collier was explaining something about the air con to both players.

Also Ronnie complains about match conditions all the time! Just not table conditions.

Postby Iranu

Did Hendon just say Ronnie hasn’t won a ranker since season before pst but he’s won other things?

Now, clearly I’m not an expert on what Ronnie’s won but I thought that last season was the first time he’s won no tournament at all in his career?

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Did Hendon just say Ronnie hasn’t won a ranker since season before pst but he’s won other things?

Now, clearly I’m not an expert on what Ronnie’s won but I thought that last season was the first time he’s won no tournament at all in his career?

Indeed the first time since he turned pro, he didn't win a tournament of any sort.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie through to Phase 2 of the tournament.

Kamikaze Ron worked today, but his opponents couldn't punish him.

Yeah it’s not like he played particularly well.

Postby Juddernaut88

Raziel wrote:I am wondering why this tournament actually exists.

I mean, it's only marginally better than watching no snooker at all.

Maybe it's something to do with betting websites. I don't know.

This is the best tournament in the world.

Postby Raziel

Juddernaut88 wrote:

This is the best tournament in the world.

If by 'best' you mean 'funniest', then I agree with you. I was hilarious yesterday listening to the massive humming noise in the background, then watching Ronnie moan about the air-conditioner and throwing his cue at everything. I enjoyed that.

It will also be interesting tomorrow to see if Reanne Evans can win a frame or two against the boys. For some reason I always hope that she does well.

Postby GeF

With flat 128, after 4 or more events played, you have 20 players tied in the ranking with 0 points.
Groups with a player having at least 3 matches and all players ranked 1 to 4 is a good (by default) tie-breaker.

Postby csprince

even freesports don't give a toss about this event duane jones leading jordan brown 2-1 and they've left it to show some old feature on ac milan.

Postby SnookerFan

It used to be.

The Championship League has been around for years. It's only the last year or so that they've started televising it. Previously it was exclusively streamed on betting websites.

It's because snooker is almost exclusively sponsored by betting companies, Hearn wanted to keep them sweet. So he came up with this Mickey Mouse tournament, with short matches that was streamed online that hardcore gamblers could wonder into and throw money on. It lasted all day, several days running over many months. So it was liked from the gambling perspective. Other than that, it had no other purpose.

Nowadays, it's to fill schedules due to their being less Chinese tournaments.

Postby Raziel

GeF wrote:

With flat 128, after 4 or more events played, you have 20 players tied in the ranking with 0 points.
Groups with a player having at least 3 matches and all players ranked 1 to 4 is a good (by default) tie-breaker.

OK. Thank you. I thought it must have been something to do with betting. <ok>

Postby Raziel

SnookerFan wrote:

It used to be.

The Championship League has been around for years. It's only the last year or so that they've started televising it. Previously it was exclusively streamed on betting websites.

It's because snooker is almost exclusively sponsored by betting companies, Hearn wanted to keep them sweet. So he came up with this Mickey Mouse tournament, with short matches that was streamed online that hardcore gamblers could wonder into and throw money on. It lasted all day, several days running over many months. So it was liked from the gambling perspective. Other than that, it had no other purpose.

Nowadays, it's to fill schedules due to their being less Chinese tournaments.

Excellent information. I understand now. Thanks pal. <ok>