Post a reply

Re: British Open FA Cup-style tournament

Postby SnookerEd25

Running side wrote:Thought Allen was skint, must play every tournament going unless accountants advise is win nothing.lost my support if so.

'skint' and 'bankrupt' are two very different things.

Unless you're playing Monopoly.

Postby csprince

snoopy2608 wrote:so Ronnie has withdrawn.

With Cahill replacing him, who I think is no.10 on the top up list, means only 4 of the 122 pros aren't entered...guessing something like Ronnie, Robbo, Ding and Fu?

cahill is no10 on the top up list.

Postby SnookerFan

Ordinarily, I'd feel bad for Mark Allen and Reanne Evans drawing each other. I mean, their marriage/divorce is they're own personal business, not ours. And it must be hard playing each other, and having their home life publicised in order to sell the match. (Which it probably will be.) But Mark Allen is such a little rubbish. If there's any truth to the rumour that he asked for Reanne to be removed from BBC punditry duty because he couldn't concentrate on practicing, he deserves to lose to her in a public match. (Though, there's no way the BBC should've agreed to it either.)

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Running side wrote:Expect Mark to withdraw at last minute, old habits die hard.

I thought he was taking time off from snooker anyway?

Oh yeah. Because of his bankruptcy/divorce situation wasn’t it?

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Running side wrote:Expect Mark to withdraw at last minute, old habits die hard.

I thought he was taking time off from snooker anyway?

Oh yeah. Because of his bankruptcy/divorce situation wasn’t it?

He seems to be in the draw though. :shrug:

Postby HappyCamper

He said something like 'time to take a break from snooker' after being knocked out of the worlds. Though that could just mean summer break.

Postby Andre147

I thought Allen wasn't competing? Didn't he go bankrupt or something and said he wasn't competing any time soon?

Anyway, I hope he did manage to solve those issues he had, his match with former partner Reanne should be tasty.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I thought Allen wasn't competing? Didn't he go bankrupt or something and said he wasn't competing any time soon?

Anyway, I hope he did manage to solve those issues he had, his match with former partner Reanne should be tasty.

Yes.

We're all a bit confused about this.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Is Reanne abeing bit heartless here?

I feel very sorry for Mark being bankrupt and she should not be requesting money from him as he has been clear that he does not have any of his £3,310,940 career prize winnings to give to her.

Maybe she should wait until he has some money - perhaps once the child has turned 16 - and then ask him again. I am sure he would do the honourable thing

Postby Running side

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Is Reanne abeing bit heartless here?

I feel very sorry for Mark being bankrupt and she should not be requesting money from him as he has been clear that he does not have any of his £3,310,940 career prize winnings to give to her.

Maybe she should wait until he has some money - perhaps once the child has turned 16 - and then ask him again. I am sure he would do the honourable thing

Not sure if this is sarcasm, the money agreed to pay is for the child Not Reanne, if as reported £100 a month out of Allen's earnings seem achievable.

Postby SnookerFan

Running side wrote:

Not sure if this is sarcasm, the money agreed to pay is for the child Not Reanne, if as reported £100 a month out of Allen's earnings seem achievable.

Course it's sarcasm.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Running side wrote:Thought Allen was skint, must play every tournament going unless accountants advise is win nothing.lost my support if so.

'skint' and 'bankrupt' are two very different things.

Unless you're playing Monopoly.

Well said. You go bankrupt so you don't go skint.

Postby Running side

SnookerFan wrote:
Running side wrote:

Course it's sarcasm.

Never been good at spotting sarcasm, surprisingly been quite good at it.