Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Northern Ireland Open Final !!!!

Postby hendry_fan

A very intrestin safety battle goin on,3 reds left,1 close to the yellow pocket,another close to a middle bag,they keep rolling up to the other red.

Postby hendry_fan

John pots a good green,then a brilliant brown,then blue,pink + the black to pinch the frame by 1pt!.64-63.

UNBELIEVABLE FRAME PINCH FROM THE WIZARD OF WISHAW!. :cracker: :party: :happy:

Postby Granite

Sometimes you have to wonder if Ronnie seriously wishes he was the consummate professional like Higgins is with an all-around game. Not too attacking and not too defensive/grindy. Higgins is smack bang in the middle.

I genuinely think Ronnie wanted to be like this but couldn't so he became more of a potter.

Yet the results are in Ronnie's favour so hard to tell but I think he definitely wanted more of a Higgins' type of game.

Postby hendry_fan

McManusFan wrote:Bugger me sideways! What a steal!

INCREDIBLE!. :happy:

When Allen went 63 in front and i saw the difficult table,i was fully ready to have to take 5-3 to Allen.

But once again,Great auld John indeed pulls out sum Wizarddry,a tremendous clearence to steal the frame by 1 pt.

4-4 is a fair result in this first session of play.

Postby Goldenballs147

I’m not a fan of Higgins and despite being from Northern Ireland I don’t have a great affinity for Allen either (who incidentally is my partners 2nd cousin) but I really did enjoy those 8 frames of snooker. Can’t quite believe Allen threw that last frame away, not pushing that red closer to the cushion left that classic Higgins clearance a cert. Looking forward to tonight’s session!

Something quite funny happened after leaving the arena. As I was walking to get the bus someone sprinted past me - Higgins himself. I actually had to move out of his way. Headed straight for the Hilton hotel which is right beside the Waterfront. Everyone sort of looked round in amusement. About to get caught short maybe? Who knows!

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:Great clearance but some of the comments are a little over the top. Some greats but not an ATG clearance in my opinion.

Which clearances have been your favourite over the years?

Postby Pink Ball

Goldenballs147 wrote:Something quite funny happened after leaving the arena. As I was walking to get the bus someone sprinted past me - Higgins himself. I actually had to move out of his way. Headed straight for the Hilton hotel which is right beside the Waterfront. Everyone sort of looked round in amusement. About to get caught short maybe? Who knows!

Was there an angry taxi man nearby?

Postby SnookerEd25

Pink Ball wrote:
Goldenballs147 wrote:Something quite funny happened after leaving the arena. As I was walking to get the bus someone sprinted past me - Higgins himself. I actually had to move out of his way. Headed straight for the Hilton hotel which is right beside the Waterfront. Everyone sort of looked round in amusement. About to get caught short maybe? Who knows!

pmsl

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:

rofl

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:

rofl

Postby Goldenballs147

Pink Ball wrote:

Hahaha very good! I was originally going to make a joke about having to get to an important meeting in the hotel but thought it in poor taste…