Post a reply

Re: BetVictor German Masters Qualifying !!!!

Postby csprince

chengdufan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Bolton's finest (bar Tony Knowles) Craig Steadman

*and John Spencer of course

i just checked john spencer was born in bury.

Postby Juddernaut88

csprince wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Well barring 9+ snookers she had won 4-2 :D

best of 9 judders.

Buck sake, I forgot about that. I should give myself a 20 minute ban.

Postby chengdufan

csprince wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

Holy smokes! So he was.
I was always led to believe growing up that he was a Boltonian. He did own a couple of snooker clubs in the town.
But I see that yes, you're right. He was from neighbouring Bury :hatoff:

Postby Raziel

Iranu wrote:
Raziel wrote:Iranu.

Did you not see my earlier post where I was disappointed that the Ng On Yee match was not being shown?

Raziel wrote: "Was hoping to watch Ng On Yee this morning, just to see what kind of a player she actually is. But they are not showing it on the Eurosport player. Bugger."

You construed the meaning of my 'diversity' and 'wokeness' post exactly 180 degrees wrong. The exact opposite of what I meant.

It's almost as if you were just looking for any reason to become offended. That's very common these days.

I saw it. That’s why I specifically referenced it in my reply. Apparently the irony went over my head? Though I’m not really sure what your point was then.

It is obvious that I think 'political correctness', 'wokeness' and 'forced diversity' is all a load of bullcrap.

http://www.politicallyincorrect.me.uk/definition.htm

What I tried to do in my post was make a crappy joke that, even though I am against 'wokeness' etc, I wouldn't have minded Eurosport trying to score some 'wokeness' points by showing the Ng On Yee match over a higher ranked player's match - because it was the match I wanted to see. Thereby making me a bit of a hypocrite.

Anyway, let's forget it. This is a snooker forum, not a philosophy forum.

Postby Iranu

Raziel wrote:It is obvious that I think 'political correctness', 'wokeness' and 'forced diversity' is all a load of bullcrap.

What I tried to do in my post was make a crappy joke that, even though I am against 'wokeness' etc, I wouldn't have minded Eurosport trying to score some 'wokeness' points by showing the Ng On Yee match over a higher ranked player's match - because it was the match I wanted to see. Thereby making me a bit of a hypocrite.

Well obviously I disagree with you on the first bit <laugh> but clearly failing to pick up on the fact you were joking is on me so I apologise.

Come on Ng!

Postby Raziel

Iranu wrote:
Raziel wrote:It is obvious that I think 'political correctness', 'wokeness' and 'forced diversity' is all a load of bullcrap.

Well obviously I disagree with you on the first bit <laugh> but clearly failing to pick up on the fact you were joking is on me so I apologise.

Come on Ng!

No worries, my friend. I didn't even explain that I was joking in my previous posts.

Anyway, I want Ng to win as well. Come on Ng! :-)

Postby Iranu

Shame. You feel there may be a lot of similar losses for her and Reanne this season. The pressure to win even a first round match must be unbearable.

Postby Raziel

motorhead wrote:Craig wins 58-3.

Bloody hell. That was not the result I wanted to see. I hope Ng and Reanne qualify for a few events. I'm looking forward to watching them in a proper arena.

Postby badtemperedcyril

chengdufan wrote:
csprince wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

Holy smokes! So he was.
I was always led to believe growing up that he was a Boltonian. He did own a couple of snooker clubs in the town.
But I see that yes, you're right. He was from neighbouring Bury :hatoff:

Radcliffe to be exact. When you go through all the snooker magazines from the 60's and 70's it always says John Spencer (Radcliffe).

Postby Raziel

James Bentley wrote:So, who's everyone watching tonight? Hendry v Gao Yang or Judd v Tian Pengfei?

I will be watching Hendry.

Judd annoyed me by going 3 - 0 up against Allen, then losing 5 - 3. So I will punish him by not watching him tonight.

I'm sure he will be gutted about that. LOL. :-)

Postby SnookerEd25

csprince wrote:trump and hendry playing at the same time.and coventry.how will judders cope

Well we know Hendry will lose, so he’ll be fine giving that a swerve :ok:

Postby James Bentley

SnookerEd25 wrote:
csprince wrote:trump and hendry playing at the same time.and coventry.how will judders cope

Well we know Hendry will lose, so he’ll be fine giving that a swerve :ok:

I checked the odds earlier and he's actually favourite for the match, I was quite surprised.