Post a reply

Re: BetVictor German Masters Qualifying !!!!

Postby cupotee

lhpirnie wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Very good performance and a 5-2 win for Zhao.
The youngster has been one of the top performers of the 2020-21 tour qualifiers. He's one to watch.

Yes he's a great potter, and he's also capable of holding his nerve. I first saw him in the Chinese nationals when he was 14. He reached the Q-finals and gave Yan Bingtao a good game. He had a tremendous junior record and has done OK on the pro tour, but probably not quite enough to avoid relegation. I think he's originally from Sichuan Province, but he spent time in Guangzhou.

i'd be be a bit surprised and disappointed if he gets relegated , the tour would certainly be the less for it , worse case scenario i think he'll be a strong q school player and come back again but relegation for such a good young player and the system would need looking at somewhat for me.

Postby lhpirnie

cupotee wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:
The youngster has been one of the top performers of the 2020-21 tour qualifiers. He's one to watch.

Yes he's a great potter, and he's also capable of holding his nerve. I first saw him in the Chinese nationals when he was 14. He reached the Q-finals and gave Yan Bingtao a good game. He had a tremendous junior record and has done OK on the pro tour, but probably not quite enough to avoid relegation. I think he's originally from Sichuan Province, but he spent time in Guangzhou.

i'd be be a bit surprised and disappointed if he gets relegated , the tour would certainly be the less for it , worse case scenario i think he'll be a strong q school player and come back again but relegation for such a good young player and the system would need looking at somewhat for me.

It's sometimes a big disappointment to be relegated, so Q School can be tough, especially for the overseas players. We've seen that with Soheil Vahedi, Si Jiahui and Bai Langning who weren't able to go back home during the summer, and won't be able to again in 2022. Most likely Zhao Jianbo, Fan Zhengyi and Gao Yang will be in that position. It's also possible the Thai players Thepchaiya Un-nooh, Noppon Saengkham and Sunny Akani could be relegated also. Not been easy for them during covid.
Last edited by lhpirnie on 25 Oct 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerEd25 wrote:In my opinion, the system already needs looking at.

For what it's worth, I favour a Swiss Elimination format for Q School, rather than the lottery of knockout draws, and the expense of 3 events in succession

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Matthew Stevens v Ken Doherty this afternoon. 20 years ago that pairing would befit the latter stages of a tournament not the last 64.

Both need the points to stay on tour...although Ken would get another wildcard regardless

But some things never change, with Stevens losing 5-3 from 3-1 up.

rofl

Postby Andre147

ROS 3-0 down.

Vafaei was always going to be a tough 1st round opponent, but he hasn't had to work hard for his chances, Ronnie gifting them on a plate.

Postby TheRocket

Ronnies not on it but very good stuff from Vafaei. This break in the fourth certainly is. In quick time. He looks confident and should take this match now. Maybe by even whitewashing Ron.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Ronnies not on it but very good stuff from Vafaei. This break in the fourth certainly is. In quick time. He looks confident and should take this match now. Maybe by even whitewashing Ron.

Yes 141 clearance.

But the way it's gone, could easily hae been 2-2 had Ronnie taken his chances.

He once recovered from 4-0 down in a german masters match, but that came in a full capacity crowd at the Tempodrom. He'll likely lose this one heavily.

Postby cupotee

lhpirnie wrote:
cupotee wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

It's sometimes a big disappointment to be relegated, so Q School can be tough, especially for the overseas players. We've seen that with Soheil Vahedi, Si Jiahui and Bai Langning who weren't able to go back home during the summer, and won't be able to again in 2022. Most likely Zhao Jianbo, Fan Zhengyi and Gao Yang will be in that position. It's also possible the Thai players Thepchaiya Un-nooh, Noppon Saengkham and Sunny Akani could be relegated also. Not been easy for them during covid.

sorry i'm not that knowledgeable on the rankings how could it be feasible that thepchaiya un nooh could get relegated as when i'm looking at the rankings now after the northern ireland open he's 105,500 points above position 64 , cheers.

Postby lhpirnie

cupotee wrote:sorry i'm not that knowledgeable on the rankings how could it be feasible that thepchaiya un nooh could get relegated as when i'm looking at the rankings now after the northern ireland open he's 105,500 points above position 64 , cheers.

Currently Thepchaiya is 67 on the Provisional End-of-Season Rankings list. Noppon is 63rd, helped by his win against John Higgins. Sunny Akani has health problems that might affect his ranking. I really don't expect them to get relegated, but looking at the figures it can't be ruled out.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:seen this before against Thep. German Masters qualifiers definitely brings out the worst in him.

He only lost 5-4 in that one, watched it many times just for pure entertainment lol

Postby Andre147

All over, Ronnie loses 5-0. In little more than an hour, this what you would expect Ronnie to do.

Fair play to Vafaei, took his chances well, albeit with a desinterested Ronnie from the first shot, you could see it.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:I'd like to attend qualifiers again some day. Did the Australian Open one year, in Crawley.

I should do Judgement Day one time.

I also was at those Aus Open qualifiers. These events are really good when there are 8+ tables in play. Unfortunately the current policy is to have 4 tables for most events now. But the World Championship qualifiers are great - I usually get an open ticket.

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'd like to attend qualifiers again some day. Did the Australian Open one year, in Crawley.

I should do Judgement Day one time.

I also was at those Aus Open qualifiers. These events are really good when there are 8+ tables in play. Unfortunately the current policy is to have 4 tables for most events now. But the World Championship qualifiers are great - I usually get an open ticket.

Usually book the whole of Crucible fortnight off. I wonder if I could swing a third week off work to go to Judgement Day.

Postby cupotee

lhpirnie wrote:
cupotee wrote:sorry i'm not that knowledgeable on the rankings how could it be feasible that thepchaiya un nooh could get relegated as when i'm looking at the rankings now after the northern ireland open he's 105,500 points above position 64 , cheers.

Currently Thepchaiya is 67 on the Provisional End-of-Season Rankings list. Noppon is 63rd, helped by his win against John Higgins. Sunny Akani has health problems that might affect his ranking. I really don't expect them to get relegated, but looking at the figures it can't be ruled out.

understood 谢谢 <ok>

Postby Raziel

Andre147 wrote:All over, Ronnie loses 5-0. In little more than an hour, this what you would expect Ronnie to do.

Fair play to Vafaei, took his chances well, albeit with a desinterested Ronnie from the first shot, you could see it.

Yes, Ronnie (almost) meets my expectations once again. I actually predicted that he would pull out of this tournament. He didn't actually pull out. But he may as well have done if he was going to put in a completely disinterested performance like that.

I wonder if Ronnie thinks his fans want to see a disinteresed Ronnie playing? If I had millions of fans wanting to see me play, I would at least try my hardest.

Postby lhpirnie

Raziel wrote:
Andre147 wrote:All over, Ronnie loses 5-0. In little more than an hour, this what you would expect Ronnie to do.

Yes, Ronnie (almost) meets my expectations once again. I actually predicted that he would pull out of this tournament. He didn't actually pull out. But he may as well have done if he was going to put in a completely disinterested performance like that.

I wonder if Ronnie thinks his fans want to see a disinteresed Ronnie playing? If I had millions of fans wanting to see me play, I would at least try my hardest.

Well, he has sold a few hundred tickets for the Tempodrom from German fans hoping to see him at last.

Postby SnookerFan

The thing with the top-16 playing in qualifiers like this is, you can't guarantee that they'll make it through to the main venue. If you book tickets in advance hoping to see your favourite player, you have to know that there's a risk that they won't be there.

Either don't buy tickets, wait until the draw is made them, or buy tickets and just watch whoever it is that you get to see play.