Post a reply

Nirvana Turkish Masters Semi Finals !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 7th ~ Sunday 13th of March at The Nirvana Cosmopolitan Hotel, Antalya, Turkey

Semi Finals sees in some ways a surprising line up how form has gone this season on the other hand Classy players back in form.

Form is temporarily Class is permanent With both Ding Junhui and Shaun Murphy back where they belong.

And with Judd Trump aiming for his second final in succession the Old Normal is returning.

Matthew Selt aiming for his Second Final having won the Indian Open in 2019.

Who will reach the Final?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Matthew Selt v Ding Junhui Ding Junhui leads 3-2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shaun Murphy v Judd Trump Trump leads 22-12

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Nirvana Turkish Masters Semi Finals !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Coverage yet again not on Eurosport 2 main TV channel.

It's to encourage people to get Discovery+, I reckon.

I watched purely on TV for years, but it's worked on me. I've finally upgraded.

I've seen a lot of negativity to it from some people. Online and in the arena.

I guess paying for a TV sports package is a big extravagance for some people. I can understand why some people wouldn't want to, or wouldn be able to afford, to pay additional fees. I guess if you just wanted the snooker, you could bin off the TV package and just get Discovery+ But if you're paying for the channels with football, rugby, cricket on top I can see people's frustrations.

Postby SnookerFan

chengdufan wrote:Is it still possible for Ding to be seeded for the Crucible?

I was wondering that.

I doubt it, as there's only this and Gibraltar that he'd be able to play in. But that's a total guess.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:

I guess paying for a TV sports package is a big extravagance for some people. I can understand why some people wouldn't want to, or wouldn be able to afford, to pay additional fees. I guess if you just wanted the snooker, you could bin off the TV package and just get Discovery+ But if you're paying for the channels with football, rugby, cricket on top I can see people's frustrations.

Yep I have all the Sky sports channels but I'm not prepared to pay for BT sports which is around £25 a month. At least Eurosport player isn't an obscene amount of money.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Yep I have all the Sky sports channels but I'm not prepared to pay for BT sports which is around £25 a month. At least Eurosport player isn't an obscene amount of money.

True.

But I can see where people are coming from.

I'd have preferred all matches to be on TV. But that's because I am a thickhead when it comes to setting up new things. I know how to turn on a TV.

Postby chengdufan

SnookerFan wrote:Did Selt refer to himself as a poor man's Mark Selby?

That's a very poor man's Mark Selby. Selt is barely a bankrupt Mark Selby.

rofl

Postby chengdufan

I've moved over to Migu from Youku. They've been showing every table with no commentary, it's bliss. There's been an option for commentary on the main table which has been a bit crap. So I've gone for the pure match.
All free to watch of course.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

True.

But I can see where people are coming from.

I'd have preferred all matches to be on TV. But that's because I am a thickhead when it comes to setting up new things. I know how to turn on a TV.

rofl I'm sure you're not that bad. I also prefer to watch things on TV as it's just a lot easier without having to faffle around.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:

This is a pretty snooker-centric view.

It’s possible but it’s also possible they just want to show other sports on the main channel.

Postby Iranu

chengdufan wrote:
Iranu wrote:it’s also possible they just want to show other sports on the main channel.

Ludicrous

There are idiots in all walks of life, sadly.