Post a reply

Nirvana Turkish Masters Last 64 and Heldover Last 128 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 7th ~ Sunday 13th of March at The Nirvana Cosmopolitan Hotel, Antalya, Turkey

A New event during the tail end of the pandemic and in Turkey never before has a Proffesional tournament being held in Turkey.

First thing Ronnie O'Sullivan not going so World no 5 Kyren Wilson has benefitted by having his match carried to the venue along with Mark Selby, Judd Trump, Neil Robertson and matches featuring the two wild Cards Ismail Türker and Enes Bakirci.

Casulties of Qualifying in Leicester was Barry Hawkins, Stuart Bingham, Ryan Day, Dave Gilbert and Gary Wilson

Who will have a extended trip and reach the last 32?

DRAW

Last 128
Mark Selby v Wu Yize
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Ismail Türker
Kyren Wilson v Rory McLeod
Neil Robertson v Iulian Boiko
Hossein Vafaei v Enes Bakirci
Judd Trump v Michael Georgiou

Selected Last 64
Jack Lisowski v Martin O'Donnell
Martin Gould v David Grace
Ashley Hugill v Jordan Brown
Michael White v Zhao Xintong
John Higgins v Dylan Emery
Graeme Dott v Scott Donaldson
Robert Milkins v Ding Junhui
Xiao Guodong v Oliver Lines
Yan Bingtao v Joe O'Connor
Jak Jones v Mark Allen
Jimmy Robertson v Cao Yupeng
Lyu Haotian v Shaun Murphy
Mark Williams v Matthew Stevens
Ali Carter v Jamie Jones
Fan Zhengyi v Zhou Yuelong
Stuart Carrington v Luca Brecel
Joe Perry v Liang Wenbo

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Nirvana Turkish Masters Last 64 and Heldover Last 128 !

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What are the early matches best of?

Bo9s. They’re really spoiling us lately.

I'm a bit tempted to call in sick on the day Mark Williams plays Matthew Stevens in a best of nine.

Has it really got this bad, that we consider best of nines as being treated?

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:I've just noticed, all the evening matches at this start at 5pm our time.

Typical. We finally get some tournaments where the first round aren't shitty best of sevens. And I'll miss the start of them due to being at work.

The morning sessions in the UK start at 8am as well.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What are the early matches best of?

Bo9s. They’re really spoiling us lately.

I'm a bit tempted to call in sick on the day Mark Williams plays Matthew Stevens in a best of nine.

Has it really got this bad, that we consider best of nines as being treated?

Well yeah. It’s all relative. They did the British Open with best of 5s so then best of 7s are routine and best of 9s are like something to look forward to.

Actually, that’s a point. I wonder whether the Tour Champs will be going back to the full format like the first one :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've just noticed, all the evening matches at this start at 5pm our time.

Typical. We finally get some tournaments where the first round aren't shitty best of sevens. And I'll miss the start of them due to being at work.

Yes, that's what made me notice.

If this had happened in October or November, or whenever it was supposed to happen, I'd have been tempted to book this time off work so badly.

Three sessions a day, Eurosport 2 coverage. Wouldn't have to miss any play due to work. Matches probably finished at sensible times.

I'm tempted enough now to use my last five days of leave, and I was going to carry it over to next year.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

If this had happened in October or November, or whenever it was supposed to happen, I'd have been tempted to book this time off work so badly.

Three sessions a day, Eurosport 2 coverage. Wouldn't have to miss any play due to work. Matches probably finished at sensible times.

I'm tempted enough now to use my last five days of leave, and I was going to carry it over to next year.

If you can get time off that quickly then go for it.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Oh I dunno, the TM seems an unknown quantity, it's not furnished with every top player, of course it could turn out to be the best tournament ever, but throwing 5 days leave at it, sounds risky to me.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:Well yeah. It’s all relative. They did the British Open with best of 5s so then best of 7s are routine and best of 9s are like something to look forward to.

Actually, that’s a point. I wonder whether the Tour Champs will be going back to the full format like the first one :chin:

I doubt it.

The WST just have a boner for short matches. They try and palm us off these days saying there is a variety of different formats. But their idea of a variety is some matches are a bit longer than best of seven.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:Well yeah. It’s all relative. They did the British Open with best of 5s so then best of 7s are routine and best of 9s are like something to look forward to.

I doubt it.

The WST just have a boner for short matches. They try and palm us off these days saying there is a variety of different formats. But their idea of a variety is some matches are a bit longer than best of seven.

Yup. You’re not wrong mate.

Postby Vallomas

I read somewhere that the first three rounds of the World Championship Qualifiers will be again best of 11s. And I think that it's more likely to see the Judgement Day matches cut to best of 11 too, than to return on the best of 19s for all rounds.

Postby McManusFan

Vallomas wrote:I read somewhere that the first three rounds of the World Championship Qualifiers will be again best of 11s. And I think that it's more likely to see the Judgement Day matches cut to best of 11 too, than to return on the best of 19s for all rounds.

Boo!

Postby Vallomas

Prop wrote:I can’t see them cutting judgement day to bo11. They were bo19 last year so what would be the justification?

Is this just a hunch, Vallomas?

Yep, I was just saying that I'm afraid of this to happen in the years to come. And that I find it more possible than the return of the best of 19s for the first three rounds (unfortunately).