Post a reply

Betfred World Championship Final Mark Selby v Shaun Murphy!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Saturday 17th of April~Monday 3rd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Session 1 Sunday 2nd of May @ 1pm
Session 2 Sunday 2nd of May @ 7pm
Session 3 Monday 3rd of May @ 1pm
Session 4 Monday 3rd of May @ 7pm

Mark Selby v Shaun Murphy

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Selby leads 21-17
Main Tournaments Selby leads 14-13
World Championship Selby leads 1-0
Multi Session Matches Selby leads 3-1
FinalsSelby leads 2-1

After most of the season being played at Milton Keynes, we are down to the Final of the World Snooker Championship, now with a full capacity crowd, and how nice will that be, seems ages since it last happened at an event.

This Final will feature 3 time champion Mark Selby, into his 5th Final after a dramatic 17-15 win in the Semi-Finals v Stuart Bingham, and he plays good friend Shaun Murphy, trying to save what has been an horrendus season.

Now these two have met once here previously, a classic match which went to a deciding frame, 17-16 win for Selby. Can we expect more of the same these 2 days? Can Mark Selby win his 4th title and join John Higgins, or will Shaun Murphy join a very selective group of players with multiple world titles? Sit back and enjoy the Final!

Re: Betfred World Championship Final Mark Selby v Shaun Murp

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Can Murphy be the first player to win 2 World titles over 3 decades?

Ronnie's done it no?

2001, 2012 (or 2013) and 2020.

That’s not 2 titles

Postby SnookerEd25

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Can Murphy be the first player to win 2 World titles over 3 decades?

Ronnie's done it no?

That’s not 2 titles

Don’t refs have to be good at basic maths? :chuckle:

Postby Alex0paul

LDS wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Ronnie's done it no?

That’s not 2 titles

Well 16 years isn't technically 3 decades either...

The 2000s and the 2020s

Postby LDS

Alex0paul wrote:
LDS wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Ronnie's done it no?

That’s not 2 titles

Well 16 years isn't technically 3 decades either...

The 2000s and the 2020s

Yes, I know what you meant.

What is easier to say is: he'll have the record for the longest gap between titles.

Postby SnookerEd25

LDS wrote:
Yes, I know what you meant.

What is easier to say is: he'll have the record for the longest gap between titles.

Goodness, you’re right. <ok>

Never thought anyone would beat MJW’s 15yrs :shock:

(they still might not, of course)

Postby Shogi

Can see this final being a sleeper hit (pun intended tyvm). Think it’s fair to say Selbo’s got a point to prove and Smurph can show he’s not a busted flush. Both of these guys have played some great sessions and dug themselves out of tough situations. Their styles should play off interestingly and create diverse frames. Satan is smiling up at us

Postby SnookerEd25

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Murphy is very bad in converting finals into wins.

He is confident though. And that makes him dangerous.

He’s had such a poor season, by his standards, I’m sure he’d have gone into the WC with zero expectation; his final place is due to not putting pressure on himself to perform.

But can he really do that tomorrow? (and Monday) :chin:

I have my doubts...

Postby Acé

i'd love to be proven wrong but I just can't see how Shaun can with this over 4 sessions, Selby's gonna slow and grind everything down to literally death against a player like Shaun who'll be going for everything

one thing he has over Bingham is the long pots, that can help him but depends how much he gets grinded down and loses momentum expect a 1 hour frame after Shaun goes 1-0 at the beginning of the match tommrow with a break of 80 or something lmao

Postby HustleKing

Really looking forward to this, the final I wanted from the semi pairings.

One of my favorite players in Selby against a player who will surely not be on commentary duty next season at all should he win.

Win-Win situation for me :-D

Postby Jester82

My feeling in the semis were wrong or let's say almost correct. Did not expect that finish, on the other hand it was a typical Selby win. Let's see, Murphy is definitely dangerous.