Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final Mark Selby v Shaun Murp

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Can we reach 100 pages?

Two previous Finals involving Selby reached 104 in 2014 and 108 in 2017.

If Iranu stops slacking with the quizzes then I'll try :)

Then you won’t be trying :bird:

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Can we reach 100 pages?

Two previous Finals involving Selby reached 104 in 2014 and 108 in 2017.

If Iranu stops slacking with the quizzes then I'll try :)

Then you won’t be trying :bird:

That was an hint and indication for you to post a question on the never ending quiz lol

Postby awj8

You judge a player the most on WCs in particular also
Tc events but WC most important. Trump’s records at everything else are irrelevant . Lots of discussions about trump and selby but selby is a big match and crucible player first and foremost. Trump has a long way to go now to ever match Selby as a player let alone surpass. I would be surprised if Selby didn’t win at least one more WC .

Postby 1892

Jester82 wrote:What was the criteria to let people back in the Crucible? Vaccinated? Does anybody know?

I went for two separate days. Wasn’t too bad really, just had to have a negative lateral flow test that was done that day or the day before.

I have had one of my vaccines but that wasn’t relevant to being allowed in

Postby Andre147

SteveJJ wrote:Turns out this was Colin Murray's last snooker tournament for Eurosport.

Focusing on EFL highlights, radio, mental health and work/life balance from now on

How do you know?

If that's true, what a shame it will be. He does a good job, much better than Goldstein.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Turns out this was Colin Murray's last snooker tournament for Eurosport.

Focusing on EFL highlights, radio, mental health and work/life balance from now on

How do you know?

If that's true, what a shame it will be. He does a good job, much better than Goldstein.

He’s announced it on Twitter.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:I think Trumps power game would overcome Selbys spiderweb. He can do things that even Ronnie cant. But anyway. I only brought it up because people talked about it yesterday.

The fact they are number 1 and 2 now I really hope the meetings will come. Finals and WC matches that is. Its about time.

Thats the point though Judd Trump will have to play very well to beat Selby over 4 sessions where Selby has so many other ways to beat players.

There is this thinking Judd plays brilliant every time fact is he doesn't Hes very beatable during the course of a tournament but hes got this aura that the likes of Ronnie, Hendry and Davis had basically he beats players while they travel to the venue.

Postby SnookerFan

awj8 wrote:You judge a player the most on WCs in particular also
Tc events but WC most important. Trump’s records at everything else are irrelevant . Lots of discussions about trump and selby but selby is a big match and crucible player first and foremost. Trump has a long way to go now to ever match Selby as a player let alone surpass. I would be surprised if Selby didn’t win at least one more WC .

:welcome:

Postby 1892

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I think Trumps power game would overcome Selbys spiderweb. He can do things that even Ronnie cant. But anyway. I only brought it up because people talked about it yesterday.

The fact they are number 1 and 2 now I really hope the meetings will come. Finals and WC matches that is. Its about time.

Thats the point though Judd Trump will have to play very well to beat Selby over 4 sessions where Selby has so many other ways to beat players.

There is this thinking Judd plays brilliant every time fact is he doesn't Hes very beatable during the course of a tournament but hes got this aura that the likes of Ronnie, Hendry and Davis had basically he beats players while they travel to the venue.

Very true.

Those best of 7’s are a great example. Even at 3-1 up, players usually crumble against him.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:

Judd does not have the habit of breaking down after breaks of 40 or 50. He makes frame-winning breaks. Shaun had many, many chances to make frame-winning breaks against Selby. He got in with long pots a lot, but couldn't get big breaks going. Judd would get in with long pots at least as much as Shaun did, probably more times. And the chances of him breaking down after 40 or 50 and gifting an easy table to Selby are slim.

Postby Prop

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Judd does not have the habit of breaking down after breaks of 40 or 50. He makes frame-winning breaks. Shaun had many, many chances to make frame-winning breaks against Selby. He got in with long pots a lot, but couldn't get big breaks going. Judd would get in with long pots at least as much as Shaun did, probably more times. And the chances of him breaking down after 40 or 50 and gifting an easy table to Selby are slim.

I agree with this. I also don’t think Selby played his absolute best in the final. Maybe he didn’t have to, because he was never really bang under pressure. Had Murphy made 70+ with the majority of those long reds to get in, Selby would have felt the pressure more and perhaps deployed the tactics he’s famous for.

Really it was the semi with Bingham that brought out more of his evil tactics. Against Murphy I thought he played quite a balanced game. Some good matchplay and some attacking pots when he felt it was the right time to attack.

So yeah, if you assume Trump does get in with similar long reds but makes 70+, you’d probably see a different game from Selby. Whether that would be as effective as his ‘balanced’ game was against Murphy, it’s hard to predict.

Postby Georgi1914

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

As good as Judd is when he's in form and relaxed, it is not an easy task for anybody to repeat what Murphy did with the long pots in this particular match. I honestly don't remember another match of this magnitude with so many brilliant long pots from one player. Unfortunately, he couldn't capitalise from these in so many important frames. I also consider Trump favourite if him and Selby meet at the one-table set-up at the Crucible but maybe his success would come with more tactical play involved. Another bad aspect of Murphy's game in the final were his break-off shots. He left easy openers for Selby too many times.

Postby hendry_fan

I did,nt even have any time to write anything,till now,as i have a bucketfull of work,so,here,s my short comment.

Well well wellllllllllllll!.Can you believe it!,Mark Selby beats the Magician 18-15 to become the World Champ for the 4th time!.

I admit,i did,nt see all of the Final,but i saw most of it,bout 75%.

And from what i saw,read about the match,it,s fair to say,that Selby deserved to win.

Shaun can,t complain that he was frozen out for a long bout or that he did,nt get many chances,cause he got bucketfulls of chances,but he blew far to many.

In the very first session,in the first 4 frames,he really should,ve been t least 3-1 up,as he had very good chances to do so,and Selby was,or at least looked very tired,but he ended up havin to make do with being level at 2-2.

Shaun did of course do well,as he put up a fight in coming back,when Selby went in front,but he then kept makein too many errors and Selbs finished him off.

Scoreing wise,well it was,nt the highest standard we,ve ever seen,but as we all should know by now,snooker aint just bout high breaks n pottin balls.

Selby managed FOURTEEN 50+ BREAKS,(in 2 frames,he knocked in two 50+ers),2 of the FOURTEEN 50+ers,were Centuries.

Murphy managed TWELVE 50+ers,3 of them were Centuries.

Hard luck to Smurph,would,ve obviously been incredible if he,d of pulled it off,but he was,nt good enough i,m afraid.

He,s bumped his World Championship Final appearences up to 4.

Selbys now been in 5 WC Finals and has won it 4 times so far.

VERRRRRRY WELL DONE MARK SELBY!. :win: :win: :win: :win: :clap:

DAMMMMMMMNNNN!,Why did,nt i say DEAL to Sir Dan- :cat:s doulble/Quits bet offer!.

Ah well,i still did very well,in the Final alone,i won 5 Bean n Tattie pies off the bu**er!.

I,ve now written all of The Numpty Dumptys debts on another,much BIGGER piece of paper.

So,lets have a look,i,ve fully updated the list n it now looks like this,.........

2 Kebaps.

A BIG fry up.

13 Bean n Tattie Pies!!!!!.

Pay up soon ya Numpty Dumpty!, :grrr: otherwise you,ll be gettin a WRIT Laddie!. :happy: :-D

Postby Wildey

So Far these have Qualified for the Champion of Champions or in position to qualify that can change drastically

Mark Allen
Judd Trump
Neil Robertson
Mark Selby
Yan Bingtao
Ryan Day
Jordan Brown
John Higgins
Mark Williams
Kyren Wilson
Shaun Murphy
World Senior Champ (Basically White/Doherty/Hendry etc)

Rankings
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Ding Junhui
Stephen Maguire
Barry Hawkins

Postby Wildey

hendry_fan wrote:I did,nt even have any time to write anything,till now,as i have a bucketfull of work,so,here,s my short comment.

Well well wellllllllllllll!.Can you believe it!,Mark Selby beats the Magician 18-15 to become the World Champ for the 4th time!.

I admit,i did,nt see all of the Final,but i saw most of it,bout 75%.

And from what i saw,read about the match,it,s fair to say,that Selby deserved to win.

Shaun can,t complain that he was frozen out for a long bout or that he did,nt get many chances,cause he got bucketfulls of chances,but he blew far to many.

In the very first session,in the first 4 frames,he really should,ve been t least 3-1 up,as he had very good chances to do so,and Selby was,or at least looked very tired,but he ended up havin to make do with being level at 2-2.

Shaun did of course do well,as he put up a fight in coming back,when Selby went in front,but he then kept makein too many errors and Selbs finished him off.

Scoreing wise,well it was,nt the highest standard we,ve ever seen,but as we all should know by now,snooker aint just bout high breaks n pottin balls.

Selby managed FOURTEEN 50+ BREAKS,(in 2 frames,he knocked in two 50+ers),2 of the FOURTEEN 50+ers,were Centuries.

Murphy managed TWELVE 50+ers,3 of them were Centuries.

Hard luck to Smurph,would,ve obviously been incredible if he,d of pulled it off,but he was,nt good enough i,m afraid.

He,s bumped his World Championship Final appearences up to 4.

Selbys now been in 5 WC Finals and has won it 4 times so far.

VERRRRRRY WELL DONE MARK SELBY!. :win: :win: :win: :win: :clap:

DAMMMMMMMNNNN!,Why did,nt i say DEAL to Sir Dan- :cat:s doulble/Quits bet offer!.

Ah well,i still did very well,in the Final alone,i won 5 Bean n Tattie pies off the bu**er!.

I,ve now written all of The Numpty Dumptys debts on another,much BIGGER piece of paper.

So,lets have a look,i,ve fully updated the list n it now looks like this,.........

2 Kebaps.

A BIG fry up.

13 Bean n Tattie Pies!!!!!.

Pay up soon ya Numpty Dumpty!, :grrr: otherwise you,ll be gettin a WRIT Laddie!. :happy: :-D

Yea Selby played well early Rounds no doubt in the Semi Final and Final he didn't play top stuff but it was enough.

Thats the Difference between Selby and Robbo. Robbo played well early rounds and his form dipped he lost Selby can call on different styles to win not easy to do.

Bingham was the Better player in the semis without doubt when Bingham got in you expected him to clear you never really got that with Shaun there was always a miss round the Corner.