Post a reply

Re: Shaun Murphy Watache Thread

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

When I was leaving work this evening I said that Trumps in trouble. When the person asked me who he was losing to and I said Shaun Murphy he said "that runt with the stuck up face and the shiny shoes".

Postby mick745

I dont really get the abuse levelled at Murphy.

He is always polite and gentlemanly, plays an attractive attacking game and is well turned out.

He's a good ambassador i think.

Postby Iranu

mick745 wrote:I dont really get the abuse levelled at Murphy.

He is always polite and gentlemanly, plays an attractive attacking game and is well turned out.

He's a good ambassador i think.

I love Shaun

Postby eraserhead

Rocky III is underrated. There's a reason it landed Stallone the job to direct Staying Alive, the sequel to Saturday Night Fever.

Postby Juddernaut88

Whoever wins between Murphy and Wilson need to win the World championship. I will be routing for Murphy though but won't be too disheartened if Wilson beats him.

Postby Prop

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:He's way more comfortable being interviewed than most players.

Way too comfortable, rather.

Postby Holden Chinaski

My girlfriend was watching a bit of snooker with me yesterday and she said she thinks Shaun seems like a nice guy. Should I dump her? <laugh>

To be honest, I'm actually starting to like Shaun myself. I used to dislike him a lot because he comes across so smug, but I actually think he's not so bad now. He's funny on Twitter and he is great to watch when he's playing his A-game.

Sorry, just being honest :emb:

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:My girlfriend was watching a bit of snooker with me yesterday and she said she thinks Shaun seems like a nice guy. Should I dump her? <laugh>

To be honest, I'm actually starting to like Shaun myself. I used to dislike him a lot because he comes across so smug, but I actually think he's not so bad now. He's funny on Twitter and he is great to watch when he's playing his A-game.

Sorry, just being honest :emb:

This discussion has been had before on here.

I don't think Shaun Murphy is deliberately a malicious person. Just a bit up himself. Quite often he believes he's doing the right thing.

That whole thing with Mags and the chalk was a pretty awful thing to do. But I don't think he was aiming it at Maguire, or trying to get an advantage. As nasty as it was, I do believe he thought he was upholding the rules out of reverence to the game.

Most of his other annoyances, like running to the press every time he has an opinion on something or providing commentary whilst still in an event feels like he believes he's giving back the sport. Misguided maybe, but not deliberately mean.

Unlike somebody like Mark Allen who blames every Chinese people for cheating when he loses to one, has a go at Mark Joyce's family for no reason and gets the mother of his child evicted from gainful employment because he doesn't want her in the studio when he's practicing. Shaun can be an annoying jobsworth, but I believe he means well in his own way.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:The chalk thing didn't happen. We covered this a few weeks ago.

Another example of a misreported incident becoming folklore.

Didn't we just have Shaun's word for that? Many years after the event? Did anybody else confirm Shaun's side of the story?

Postby Running side

Been in Shaun's company a few times when he lived and practiced in Rotherham/Sheffield, always thought he came across a genuine, pleasant guy, not one of the lads type but approachable. Hope he plays well in s/fand hopefully final. Tip, if you wanted to distract him start eating chocolate, it will drive him crazy.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Running side wrote:Been in Shaun's company a few times when he lived and practiced in Rotherham/Sheffield, always thought he came across a genuine, pleasant guy, not one of the lads type but approachable. Hope he plays well in s/fand hopefully final. Tip, if you wanted to distract him start eating chocolate, it will drive him crazy.

:hatoff:

Postby Reg Varney

Juddernaut88 wrote:Whoever wins between Murphy and Wilson need to win the World championship.

+1

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:The chalk thing didn't happen. We covered this a few weeks ago.

Another example of a misreported incident becoming folklore.

Didn't we just have Shaun's word for that? Many years after the event? Did anybody else confirm Shaun's side of the story?

Well whose word was that the story came from in the first place? He was seen chatting to the ref while he waited for Mags to get his chalk. That's the story.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Unlike somebody like Mark Allen who blames every Chinese people for cheating when he loses to one, has a go at Mark Joyce's family for no reason and gets the mother of his child evicted from gainful employment because he doesn't want her in the studio when he's practicing. Shaun can be an annoying jobsworth, but I believe he means well in his own way.

SCANDALIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

SCANDALIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I have a problem with xenophobic comments making out that all Chinese people are inherently dishonest.

I really shouldn't be so easily offended. :roll: