Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Wed April 28th) Quarter-Finals!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Saturday 17th of April~Monday 3rd of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Day of all decisions in all quarter-final matches, first up Neil Robertson and Kyren Wilson are locked at 8 frames each, so has all the makings of a tense finish. Mark Selby holds a 6-2 lead after a great opening session, him and Mark Williams play morning and evening to a finish.

Anthony McGill has a 2 frame advantage at 9-7 over Stuart Bingham, after McGill played a great last 4 frames yesterday, and finally Shaun Murphy and WN1 Judd Trump are locked at 4 frames each, and they play back to back sessions, afternoon and evening.

Promises to be a great day of Snooker, so who will be the four players to make it to the dream Crucible one table setup?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Wednesday 28th of April

10am

Mark Williams 2-6 Mark Selby Selby leads 21-17
**Neil Robertson 8-8 Kyren Wilson Tied at 3-3

2:30pm

**Anthony McGill 9-7 Stuart Bingham Bingham leads 3-2
Shaun Murphy 4-4 Judd Trump Trump leads 22-11

7pm

**Mark Williams 2-6 Mark Selby Selby leads 21-17
**Shaun Murphy 4-4 Judd Trump Trump leads 22-11

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 28th) Quarter-Fina

Postby vodkadiet1

Final day of the double table where you can momentarily forget what match you are looking at from one minute to the next.

The World Champonship format needs to change. There could potentially be lots of great snooker tomorrow with massive frames going on on both tables and then Thursday will be a complete anti climax.

Why have matches got to change in length throughout the tournament? In grand slam tennis it is best of 5 sets from round 1 until the final. The world championship should semis should certainly be only 3 sessions.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet1 wrote:Final day of the double table where you can momentarily forget what match you are looking at from one minute to the next.

The World Champonship format needs to change. There could potentially be lots of great snooker tomorrow with massive frames going on on both tables and then Thursday will be a complete anti climax.

Why have matches got to change in length throughout the tournament? In grand slam tennis it is best of 5 sets from round 1 until the final. The world championship should semis should certainly be only 3 sessions.

Is Yazoo a vegan drink??

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Final day of the double table where you can momentarily forget what match you are looking at from one minute to the next.

Is Yazoo a vegan drink??

I don't drink it but I believe it isn't. It contains animal milk I am sure.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Is Yazoo a vegan drink??

Bollox- thanks for info though :hatoff:

Postby vodkadiet1

I think there is a case for playing The World Championship over a 2 month period with breaks in between. This will prevent players from being mentally shattered at the end of the tournament which can result in sub standard performances. It also seems unfair that McGill finished Friday and plays Bingham who finished yesterday.
Last edited by vodkadiet1 on 27 Apr 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Is Yazoo a vegan drink??

Bollox- thanks for info though :hatoff:

They have similar drinks that are Vegan and contain coconut or almond milk. I have seen them in Sainsbury's.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet1 wrote:I think there is a case for playing The World Championship over a 2 month period with breaks in between. This will prevent players from being mentally shattered at the end of the tournament which can result in sub standard performances. It also seems unfair that McGill finished Friday and pays Bingham who finished yesterday.

OK-so is a coconut Bounty Bar (the red one) vegan??

I think it probably is more vegan than the blue one no?

Postby LDS

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:I think there is a case for playing The World Championship over a 2 month period with breaks in between. This will prevent players from being mentally shattered at the end of the tournament which can result in sub standard performances. It also seems unfair that McGill finished Friday and pays Bingham who finished yesterday.

Is Honey vegan?

Postby Ck147

LDS wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Is Honey vegan?

No, it's produced by an animal, a bee - not that I needed to say that...lol, so vegans shun it. If honey dripped from a plant like maple syrup then it would be ok for vegans.

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

I don't eat much chocolate but I believe there is a Vegan Bounty out now.
Last edited by vodkadiet1 on 27 Apr 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Unfortunately not, the red bounty bar is not vegan friendly.

Postby vodkadiet1

Ck147 wrote:
LDS wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Is Honey vegan?

No, it's produced by an animal, a bee - not that I needed to say that...lol, so vegans shun it. If honey dripped from a plant like maple syrup then it would be ok for vegans.

It is a major source of discussion among Vegans. Some Vegans claim that it is okay but I don't consume it.

Postby Andre147

Robbo needs his scoring boots tomorrow, otherwise if the tactical pattern continues, there's only one winner, Kyren.

Still believe MJW can turn it around, but must win the session at least 5-3. Anything worse and he's gone pretty much.

Postby vodkadiet1

Andre147 wrote:It's allright, but don't flood the thread with stuff like that, but at the moment it's fine.

I agree. This should be kept for snooker. Most of these questions can be answered by using a search engine. And whilst on that subject please use Ecosia and not Google or any of the others. Every time Ecosia is used a tree gets planted.

Postby Ck147

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

I don't eat much chocolate but I believe there is a Vegan Bounty out now.

Don't eat much chocolate either, think you are right, found this:
https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/new-product ... 15.article
Never liked bounty bars, but would give the Topic a go