Topic locked

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sunday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby vodkadiet1

Holden Chinaski wrote:It's a shame Gilbert is gone. He looked good for a moment at the start of this match and Judd was feeling it.

It is a shame O'Sullivan is gone. He would have sorted Trump out.

:wave:

Postby Prop

Ck147 wrote:
Prop wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Prop wrote:
csprince wrote:unless they play 100%

Perhaps only one player at 100% could beat Judd at 98% And he got knocked out.

There is another

Robbo at 100% > Trump at 98%?

Hmm. Close. Maybe Trump at 96%.

On paper don't disagree with those numbers. I just think Judd more likely to choke in a major event when the going gets tough, happened in the UK.

Yeah, it’s a bit of a flawed interpretation because it assumes they will play to exactly that % of their peak form throughout a match it’s applied to. Which isn’t exactly how snooker works, especially at the Worlds.

Postby Andre147

LDS wrote:Because we never expect to see Robbo or Judd lose in the WSC?

*cough Kyren 13 - 9 Judd

*splutter Mark Selby 13 - 7 Robertson

Yep. People should learn better not to take anything for granted.

Ronnie should never have lost to McGill and he did. I wouldn't rule out a Kyren v Murphy Semi-final. But is that likely? no, not really, the most likely is Trump v Robbo, but Snooker is a funny game.

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Prop wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Prop wrote:Perhaps only one player at 100% could beat Judd at 98% And he got knocked out.

There is another

Robbo at 100% > Trump at 98%?

Hmm. Close. Maybe Trump at 96%.

On paper don't disagree with those numbers. I just think Judd more likely to choke in a major event when the going gets tough, happened in the UK.

That's only because Robbo was taking forever on shots in the decider and he completely threw Judd off his game and tired him out.

Poor Judd, he's the top professional snooker player in the world right now, he can deal with things like that...he choked, said it himself.

Postby LDS

TheRocket wrote:
LDS wrote:
TheRocket wrote:If Trump plays well only Robertson can match him and vice versa. If one of them plays well there is no hope for the guys who are left in the tournament.

I get the sneaky feeling that's true for any of the players left. It's kinda difficult to 'play well' when the other guy clears up every frame.

Yeah it is and Trump and Robertson do that much better than any other player who are left in the tournament. They are savage scorers.

Oh really. Must be why they only have 1 trophy each, huh. (and, no, Higgins/O'Sullivan haven't won every trophy since 2007).

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:Poor Judd, he's the top professional snooker player in the world right now, he can deal with things like that...he choked, said it himself.

He did no doubt, he admited as much. Fully deserved victory for Robbo.

Postby TheRocket

LDS wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
LDS wrote:
TheRocket wrote:If Trump plays well only Robertson can match him and vice versa. If one of them plays well there is no hope for the guys who are left in the tournament.

I get the sneaky feeling that's true for any of the players left. It's kinda difficult to 'play well' when the other guy clears up every frame.

Yeah it is and Trump and Robertson do that much better than any other player who are left in the tournament. They are savage scorers.

Oh really. Must be why they only have 1 trophy each, huh. (and, no, Higgins/O'Sullivan haven't won every trophy since 2007).

I dont care if they have only one trophy. They are the two best players and the heaviest scorers as well and have been so for a while.

Postby LDS

TheRocket wrote:I dont care if they have only one trophy. They are the two best players and the heaviest scorers as well and have been so for a while.

Yes, I'm fully aware that even though they're not the best at the WSC you are happy to keep repeating that they are the best.

Maybe this year you'll be right? A stopped watch is right twice a day! And since we've been expecting both of them to win for 14 odd years, I've no doubt you'll get one of them eventually one year!

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I dont care if they have only one trophy. They are the two best players and the heaviest scorers as well and have been so for a while.

Yes, I'm fully aware that even though they're not the best at the WSC you are happy to keep repeating that they are the best.

Maybe this year you'll be right? A stopped watch is right twice a day! And since we've been expecting both of them to win for 14 odd years, I've no doubt you'll get one of them eventually one year!

Robbo and Judd are obviously the best scorers in the world right now. Previous seasons are kind’ve irrelevant to that, right?

Doesn’t mean either of them will win the title, of course.

(I know Kyren has slightly more centuries than Robbo but a third of those came in the CL)

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Robbo’s more likely to beat Judd at his best than Ronnie is.

At present time definately. Ronnie can't cope with Judd's sustained scoring.

But just a few years ago Ronnie could beat Trump when he was at his best. But Ronnie not in his 30s anymore, and it's remarkable he still plays to the standard he does, him and Higgins and MJW.

Postby LDS

Iranu wrote:(I know Kyren has slightly more centuries than Robbo but a third of those came in the CL)

And how many of the other guys centuries came in leagues, minor ranking events and other events where they play numpties who leave them sitters and split reds every single frame.

Postby TheRocket

LDS wrote:

Look you mug. I didnt say they're unbeatable. I didnt talk about WSC record.

I said, if one of Trump or Robertson play well he'll win the title. Irrespective of who the opponent is or how well the opponent plays. I say that based on what I've seen over the last 2-3 years. And during this time I've seen Trump or Robertson play the game to a higher level than any other player.

But I'm surprised why you're not banned already. All you seem to is to cause an argument from nowhere with various people. Since your very first day in this forum. You're an obvious troll.

Postby LDS

TheRocket wrote:
LDS wrote:

Look you mug. I didnt say they're unbeatable. I didnt talk about WSC record.

I said, if one of Trump or Robertson play well he'll win the title. Irrespective of who the opponent is or how well the opponent plays. I say that based on what I've seen over the last 2-3 years. And during this time I've seen Trump or Robertson play the game to a higher level than any other player.

But I'm surprised why you're not banned already. All you seem to is to cause an argument from nowhere with various people. Since your very first day in this forum. You're an obvious troll.

And like I said, you could say that about any player.

If X plays as good as they can play then they'll win the title. No rubbish sherlock.

I think you'll find you're the one who is obsessed with repeating the name of the guys you like to repeat & is the one 'arguing' and 'arguing from nowhere'.

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:
Iranu wrote:(I know Kyren has slightly more centuries than Robbo but a third of those came in the CL)

And how many of the other guys centuries came in leagues, minor ranking events and other events where they play numpties who leave them sitters and split reds every single frame.

Kyren’s also played in more of those events than Robbo.

Postby LDS

Iranu wrote:
LDS wrote:

Kyren’s also played in more of those events than Robbo.

That is very true.

Peers into cuetracker:

2020 Welsh Open, Kyren 5 - 0 Robertson

2021 Player's Championship, Kyren 6 - 2 Robertson

But, yes, we have to end this at some point as Andre is sensing that TheRocket is deeply upset and no-one wants deeply upset people. Which I concur with.

I don't know what to say really, the guy seems to relish these pointless debates with everyone except me. So, whatever, we have to move on. I'll make a note "Don't dispute The Rocket" and try to avoid his 'posts of interest' in the future. No idea why I'm singled out, but whatever whatever whatever.

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:That is very true.

Peers into cuetracker:

If we’re ending it now I’ll just end with this: one of those matches is from last season and the fact he beat Robbo at the Players Championship doesn’t mean he’s a more savage scorer than Robbo this season.

In fact, Robbo is even more savage than Judd (as is Mark Allen) based on frames per century: https://cuetracker.net/statistics/centu ... ier,6-reds

Postby LDS

Iranu wrote:

Peers into cuetracker:

If we’re ending it now I’ll just end with this: one of those matches is from last season and the fact he beat Robbo at the Players Championship doesn’t mean he’s a more savage scorer than Robbo this season.

In fact, Robbo is even more savage than Judd (as is Mark Allen) based on frames per century: https://cuetracker.net/statistics/centu ... ier,6-reds

Yes, Mark Allen is another good example of a player that is very all or nothing.

Postby Iranu

LDS wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Peers into cuetracker:

Yes, Mark Allen is another good example of a player that is very all or nothing.

Yeah he’s basically the archetypal all-or-nothing player. It’s why I don’t think he’ll ever win the Worlds (huge call I know!)

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:It's a shame Gilbert is gone. He looked good for a moment at the start of this match and Judd was feeling it.

God, I hope I won't be as sad as you when I'm in my fifties. I didn't know old men could be internet trolls as well. Imagine almost being a pensioner and spending your days on a forum hating on a snooker player and posting sarcastic waving smileys. That's sad. Try to get out a bit, enjoy some sunshine, go for a walk.

Postby vodkadiet1

Holden Chinaski wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

God, I hope I won't be as sad as you when I'm in my fifties. I didn't know old men could be internet trolls as well. Imagine almost being a pensioner and spending your days on a forum hating on a snooker player and posting sarcastic waving smileys. That's sad. Try to get out a bit, enjoy some sunshine, go for a walk.

You have been conditioned to behave a certain way to fit in. You are a bore. Please tell me at what age you are going to start behaving like a person who has reached puberty? You are the most childish poster on this forum. I guess you are just hurting because your boyfriend lost. I don't know your age. I don't care quite frankly. I would hazard a guess at 20. It is sad to idolise anyone so much after you have left your teens. Now back to the punchbag boy. You are beaten here.
Last edited by vodkadiet1 on 26 Apr 2021, edited 1 time in total.