Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thu April 22nd) Last 32/Last

Postby HappyCamper

Dan-cat wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:First rhubarb crumble of the year is I'm the oven. Now for custard.

Delish. From scratch, I hope? The custard I mean. Not that hard really and so worth it.

Yes. Slight miscalculation though, I have no eggs. So making with a tin of coconut milk and cornflour.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:Oh buck off Virgo, he’s played a great frame! Makes one error and you’re laying into him?

Couldn't disagree more. I think Virgo nailed it. Yes, Lisowski largely played a great frame, and he has competed well in every single frame to date, but that doesn't give him permission to not think shots through at key junctures. He could very easily have gone into the MSI with a two-frame lead. Who knows, it could have been 4-0. Just a little bit of extra ringcraft needed.

Nothing at all wrong with criticising Lisowski’s shot but the criticism was overboard. Robbo’s played a lot more loose shots and not received anything like the criticism.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:Oh buck off Virgo, he’s played a great frame! Makes one error and you’re laying into him?

Couldn't disagree more. I think Virgo nailed it. Yes, Lisowski largely played a great frame, and he has competed well in every single frame to date, but that doesn't give him permission to not think shots through at key junctures. He could very easily have gone into the MSI with a two-frame lead. Who knows, it could have been 4-0. Just a little bit of extra ringcraft needed.

Nothing at all wrong with criticising Lisowski’s shot but the criticism was overboard. Robbo’s played a lot more loose shots and not received anything like the criticism.

Because we know that, by and large, Robertson generally minds his work, sometimes too much so. Jack has improved hugely in that department, but now he has to kick on. He still annoys me at times.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Imagine somebody won The Crucible by beating Mark Davis, Mark King, Mark Allen, Mark Williams then Mark Selby.

Mark beater.

Imagine you being in bed right now, I think it's time.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:Because we know that, by and large, Robertson generally minds his work, sometimes too much so. Jack has improved hugely in that department, but now he has to kick on. He still annoys me at times.

Jack’s minded his work all evening, though, and Robbo’s only 2-2 through luck as much as anything else.

You can see why his family end up turning the sound off when they watch him.

Jack annoys me too, but this evening hasn’t given much cause for annoyance.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Because we know that, by and large, Robertson generally minds his work, sometimes too much so. Jack has improved hugely in that department, but now he has to kick on. He still annoys me at times.

Jack’s minded his work all evening, though, and Robbo’s only 2-2 through luck as much as anything else.

You can see why his family end up turning the sound off when they watch him.

Jack annoys me too, but this evening hasn’t given much cause for annoyance.

Oh he's been much more mindful than the Jack of old, as he has been all season. But he's still far too prone to throwing in a rash one at crucial points. Much more so than most top players.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Is this the best Last 16 lineup we've ever had at the World Champs?

It's excellent. My balls are heavy with anticipation for Bingham v Jones.

Of all the good ones, you pick that one rofl

Postby Ck147

mantorok wrote:
Iranu wrote:
mantorok wrote:This match is fire.

SF reckon’s it’s marmite

The world number 1 said that? I’ll edit my post in that case.

Lol

Postby cupotee

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Imagine somebody won The Crucible by beating Mark Davis, Mark King, Mark Allen, Mark Williams then Mark Selby.

Mark beater.

Don't think Mark Joyce would like to miss out on this. :chin:

i'd reintroduce the non tour pro's round just to include wales mark bennett as well