Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thu April 22nd) Last 32/Last

Postby Prop

Jack’s game is all about rhythm, for better or worse. He could definitely do with dropping the tempo slightly. It wouldn’t necessarily mean he couldn’t still play with rhythm. Maybe in his mind he feels that applying more thought to certain shots would spoil that rhythm, just like Robbo when he goes into Pythagorus mode. But there is definitely room for it.

Watching a Lisowski break is like watching someone running down a hill so steep that they can’t peddle their pegs fast enough, and they hit the ground face first before they even reach the bottom.

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:Why don’t players just make their cues 5 inches longer or whatever? So they’re used to it when they need the extra length.

Why not have a bag of different cues like in golf?

Postby cupotee

eraserhead wrote:
Iranu wrote:Why don’t players just make their cues 5 inches longer or whatever? So they’re used to it when they need the extra length.

i dont think theres any rule saying you cant have multiple cues in your case

Postby mantorok

eraserhead wrote:

Taylor would love that rofl

Postby HappyCamper

eraserhead wrote:
cupotee wrote:i dont think theres any rule saying you cant have multiple cues in your case

I've always wanted to see someone try it.

Brecel had two cues with him for a time.

Pool players often do as well.

Postby mantorok

HappyCamper wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
cupotee wrote:i dont think theres any rule saying you cant have multiple cues in your case

I've always wanted to see someone try it.

Brecel had two cues with him for a time.

Indeed. They have a break cue done they?

Postby eraserhead

HappyCamper wrote:Brecel had two cues with him for a time.

Makes sense with pool as one is for the break. Ronnie and Ding aren't as strong as others at long potting. Always wondered if a cue specifically for long potting would help even if it was just mental. Will probably never be worth it as it would effect rhythm to much.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:Brecel had two cues with him for a time.

Makes sense with pool as one is for the break. Ronnie and Ding aren't as strong as others at long potting. Always wondered if a cue specifically for long potting would help even if it was just mental. Will probably never be worth it as it would effect rhythm to much.

Wouldn't work.

Pool players only use the break off cue once per rack. Can you imagine a Snooker player using 2 cues multiple times in a frame? Simply doesn't work that way.

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Will Robbo look like Sideshow Bob by the time he reaches the final?

He's not making it to the final so we don't need to worry about that <ok>

You're entitled to your opinion I guess. Anyway, looks like the peacock is back :)

Postby Juddernaut88

Andre147 wrote:Very disappointing 5-3 lead.

4-4 would have been more than fair, but Jack should only blame himself.

Agreed, against the top players you have to take these chances else they will punish you and that's what has happened.