Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thu April 22nd) Last 32/Last

Postby Ck147

5-3 to Robbo, fair score, especially after the green milk kicked in after the break and peacock returned in the last 2 frames. Keep fighting dreamboat, you did well tonight

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm sure 90% of people will be watching Mark Williams vs John Higgins tomorrow afternoon at 2:30pm but I will be watching the 2nd session between Jack Lisowski and Neil Robertson.

MJW v Higgins on TV, Jack v Robbo on tablet probably.

Any other match (Ronnie excluded), and I would choose Robbo's on TV, but I dont want to miss this classic. I can still pay attention to Robbo's match so all good.

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm sure 90% of people will be watching Mark Williams vs John Higgins tomorrow afternoon at 2:30pm but I will be watching the 2nd session between Jack Lisowski and Neil Robertson.

Me too mate between meetings, really want to see jack put up a good fight

Postby SnookerFan

I'll be watching Higgins vs Williams, but nothing wrong with watching Robbo vs Lisowski. It's a good match, and Higgins was crap in the first round.

I've watched matches before, where the other match was more popular. In Telford one year I was watching a Shaun Murphy match when Ronnie was playing Bingham on the other table. (It was before Bingham had won a ranking event and was still a qualifier/journeyman.) I was one of six people in the crowd at the Murphy match.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Is this the best Last 16 lineup we've ever had at the World Champs?

I think the only contender to challenge this is 2011:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Worl ... ampionship

I would say 2021 has the strongest last 16 I have ever seen but it remains to be seen if the top 8 players can deliver in this round as well. The 2011 quarter final line up was unbelievable.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Imagine somebody won The Crucible by beating Mark Davis, Mark King, Mark Allen, Mark Williams then Mark Selby.

Mark beater.

Don't think Mark Joyce would like to miss out on this. :chin:

They beat him in the qualifiers.

Postby mantorok

No way. Robbo and Jack for me.

Postby boris_the_butcher

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Is this the best Last 16 lineup we've ever had at the World Champs?

I would say 2021 has the strongest last 16 I have ever seen but it remains to be seen if the top 8 players can deliver in this round as well. The 2011 quarter final line up was unbelievable.

Rory McLeod and Jamie Cope were in last 16 in 2011.

Postby LDS

boris_the_butcher wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Rory McLeod and Jamie Cope were in last 16 in 2011.

There's also an element of just looking at the names rather than imagining oneself at the time, as Hendry was well off the boil by that point and would have been considered a relatively weak opponent by the top guys, and this was before Bingham became a star, at that point he was a relatively random classic journeyman and, again, likely viewed as a relatively easy draw. Also to a lesser extent, Gould, who was a bit of a rando at that time.