Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 21st) Last 32 !!!

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie should start doing MJW style break offs. He leaves a long red too many times. And the black is always open with the MJW break off.

He should go across the face of the blue like he did in that one tournament. No pots left on, black not tied up.

Just don’t snick the blue!

Postby HappyCamper

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie should start doing MJW style break offs. He leaves a long red too many times. And the black is always open with the MJW break off.

He should do the quinten Hann break off.

Postby cupotee

Vallomas wrote:I wouldn't believe back in 2014-15 that Williams would be so strong at 46.

but what did you base that on , the fact that dennis taylor couldn't hack it in the early 90's ? different sport almost from then and why or where else would someone like williams go , snooker isn't a particularly physically demanding sport , not surprising at all imo

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Vallomas wrote:I wouldn't believe back in 2014-15 that Williams would be so strong at 46.

Pre-SightRight he was all at sea

He came very close to retiring, and it carried on I believe he would have.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:

He should go across the face of the blue like he did in that one tournament. No pots left on, black not tied up.

I loved that break off, I used it a few times. He only hit the blue once, and he didn't leave a red on it was only the 5 away!

Postby LDS

Vallomas wrote:So, the only qualifiers who have won so far, are Jamie Jones and Stuart Bingham (who is a top 10 player in reality).

There's a case starting to emerge for going back to a 24 player format for the World Championship IMO.

Top 8 start automatically in the last 16 stage and only those ranked 9-16 play a qualifier each in the first round.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I loved that break off, I used it a few times. He only hit the blue once, and he didn't leave a red on it was only the 5 away!

Ronnie's break off has never been great, but this season alone they have been especially poor, he doesn't even get the cue ball on the cushion most of the times. Also, why did he change to break off right handed instead of left handed like he used to?

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:The thing about the Willo shot, do you ban the run up to the pack off one cushion that players sometimes do on the second or third shot of the frame even when you can see the reds to clip 'em?

The only solution I can think of that doesn’t involve banning the shot would be to say the cue ball has to cross back over the baulk line within three shots of the break, unless a ball is potted.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

LDS wrote:
Vallomas wrote:So, the only qualifiers who have won so far, are Jamie Jones and Stuart Bingham (who is a top 10 player in reality).

There's a case starting to emerge for going back to a 24 player format for the World Championship IMO.

Top 8 start automatically in the last 16 stage and only those ranked 9-16 play a qualifier each in the first round.

There's a few Top 32 players who lost in qualifying who would probably have done better than the players who beat them.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:The thing about the Willo shot, do you ban the run up to the pack off one cushion that players sometimes do on the second or third shot of the frame even when you can see the reds to clip 'em?

You don’t ban any shots, except the ones that are already banned (jump shots etc.); the game doesn’t need tampering with :no: