Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 21st) Last 32 !!!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Selby playing decent has to be said though. And scoring good. Usually he struggles in 1st rounds so this is a very unlike Selby performance so far.

Reminds me when he played Fu here in 2017.

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:Angles. “Perfect!”..... “ok not perfect”

He loves to try and call a shot as soon as it’s struck. That’s one thing keeping him from the highest echelon of commentary hierarchy.

Most of them do that though. And he gets it right far more often than anyone else, especially Dennis.

Hmmm. Gonna disagree there. Angles more than anyone is far too quick to call a shot brilliant that turns out to be anything but. Not just the potentially great shots that end with the white on the cushion for example, but bread and butter shots that are fine, but nowhere near brilliant.

I agree with that. But I get the impression he appreciates the thought process behind a shot more than the actual execution. Often he’ll say something like, “That’s brilliant. Okay he hasn’t reached the baulk cushion but you can see what he was trying,” or whatever.

Postby Iranu

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Studd called him Mufflin.

Do you know the Mufflin man?

Where's he from?

How did you not reply with, “The Mufflin man?” there?

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:Angles. “Perfect!”..... “ok not perfect”

He loves to try and call a shot as soon as it’s struck. That’s one thing keeping him from the highest echelon of commentary hierarchy.

Most of them do that though. And he gets it right far more often than anyone else, especially Dennis.

Hmmm. Gonna disagree there. Angles more than anyone is far too quick to call a shot brilliant that turns out to be anything but. Not just the potentially great shots that end with the white on the cushion for example, but bread and butter shots that are fine, but nowhere near brilliant.

I agree with that. But I get the impression he appreciates the thought process behind a shot more than the actual execution. Often he’ll say something like, “That’s brilliant. Okay he hasn’t reached the baulk cushion but you can see what he was trying,” or whatever.

Yeah, that’s fair. Sometimes it can detract from the few genuinely special shots because he describes so many decent shots as brilliant.

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:Yeah, that’s fair. Sometimes it can detract from the few genuinely special shots because he describes so many decent shots as brilliant.

I know what you mean. Ebdon was the same (but worse).

“WHAT A SHOT THIS IS BY THE WAY!”

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:Yeah, that’s fair. Sometimes it can detract from the few genuinely special shots because he describes so many decent shots as brilliant.

I know what you mean. Ebdon was the same (but worse).

“WHAT A SHOT THIS IS BY THE WAY!”

Exactly <laugh> Thank god he didn’t last long!

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:How many bucking times, Ronnie is winning this title.

Why dont you support Ronnie then, if you're so certain he'll win?

Because I hate his personality.

I hate you.

Good.

Lads! :no:

Calm it down; we’ve all had a drink :sad:

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:When did this rule change that the highest break in the qualifiers also counts for TV stages?

Can't have been too long ago.

Last season in all events