Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sunday April 18th) Last 32 !

Postby vodkadiet1

Andre147 wrote:Last frame can't start after 6:15pm, so I doubt they can have all 9 frames this session.

What would happen if a frame started before the alloted time but then the frame had to be reracked and by this time the alloted time had been passed? Would the reracked frame be played in that session or the next?

You're the ref Andre.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Last frame can't start after 6:15pm, so I doubt they can have all 9 frames this session.

What would happen if a frame started before the alloted time but then the frame had to be reracked and by this time the alloted time had been passed? Would the reracked frame be played in that session or the next?

You're the ref Andre.

This is a good question, but the reracked frame is still a new frame, so it would be played in the next session.

Postby vodkadiet1

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

You're the ref Andre.

This is a good question, but the reracked frame is still a new frame, so it would be played in the next session.

Cheers. I have never seen it happen and had always wondered about it.

Postby Andre147

We once had two reracks in the same frame, in that classic 2009 Worlds quarter-final between Higgins and Selby.

I remember it was the same year Ronnie and Selby also had two at the Masters Final in one of the frames.

Postby vodkadiet1

Andre147 wrote:We once had two reracks in the same frame, in that classic 2009 Worlds quarter-final between Higgins and Selby.

I remember it was the same year Ronnie and Selby also had two at the Masters Final in one of the frames.

I remember the Higgins vs Selby reracks. That was a rarity. And that was a great match!

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:We once had two reracks in the same frame, in that classic 2009 Worlds quarter-final between Higgins and Selby.

There’s a common factor there :chin:

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Higgins vs Selby in 2009 was a classic. Selby made 5 centuries and couldnt have played better but was still beaten by Higgins.

Similar to Ronnie against JOURNEYMAN David Gray in 2000.

Postby vodkadiet1

TheRocket wrote:Higgins vs Selby in 2009 was a classic. Selby made 5 centuries and couldnt have played better but was still beaten by Higgins.

That was the match where Selby got a temporary nickname of 'The Hoover'.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:

There’s a common factor there :chin:

<laugh>

Postby HustleKing

Can't contribute too much here as I have a Masters degree to work on, but it must said if others haven't (they probably have!), Joe Perry has the most boring voice ever and should only make appearances at the Crucible as a player

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

Similar to Ronnie against JOURNEYMAN David Gray in 2000.

Be careful. LDS might be lurking somewhere and have a go at you.

Postby Andre147

HustleKing wrote:Can't contribute too much here as I have a Masters degree to work on, but it must said if others haven't (they probably have!), Joe Perry has the most boring voice ever and should only make appearances at the Crucible as a player

I like him, but him and Hamilton speak a bit too much.

Was Ebdon better back when he commentated?