Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Saturday April 17th) Last 32

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Jester82 wrote:The seventh title is definitely possible since there is no clear challenger.

You trolling?

I am afraid not,

his chances of a seventh are very good.

They are good no doubt, but no real challenger? Selby, Higgins, Robertson and especially Trump.

I'd very very surprised if he doesn't beat at least one of them to win the title.

And they’ve all beaten him in finals this season.

No clear challenger rofl

Sounds to me like someone’s setting themselves up for an excuse :chin:

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:The path to his 6th world title on top of how he had to battle through some of the matches through amazing players really does seem like one of his best campaigns.

His best for me.

And remember he was 7-2 and 8-4 down v MJW, and 13-9 and 16-14 down v Selby, plus the Ding match wasn't easy and Kyren was pushing him at 10-8 until he pulled away.

Postby Jester82

Andre147 wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Jester82 wrote:The seventh title is definitely possible since there is no clear challenger.

You trolling?

I am afraid not,

his chances of a seventh are very good.

They are good no doubt, but no real challenger? Selby, Higgins, Robertson and especially Trump.

I'd very very surprised if he doesn't beat at least one of them to win the title.

Selby and Higgins are unpredictable. Last summer I did not think, Selby would make it to the semis before the start of the tournament.
Higgins carries the final defeats as a great weight on his shoulders, so I wouldn't be optimistic.
Trump yes, but Robertson rather not because he hasn't performed well for a long period at Sheffield.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:The path to his 6th world title on top of how he had to battle through some of the matches through amazing players really does seem like one of his best campaigns.

His best for me.

And remember he was 7-2 and 8-4 down v MJW, and 13-9 and 16-14 down v Selby, plus the Ding match wasn't easy and Kyren was pushing him at 10-8 until he pulled away.

Yep exactly. He talks about not liking the slog but buck me did he slog for that title. I need to watch every match again I think it’s easy to forget how hard fought it was.

Postby Andre147

So for you, Jester, only Trump poses a real challenge? Quite disagree, Selby was a frame away last year from beating him, and like Iranu says all those 4 players have beaten ROS in Finals this season.

Postby D4P

mantorok wrote:Yep exactly. He talks about not liking the slog but buck me did he slog for that title. I need to watch every match again I think it’s easy to forget how hard fought it was.

It's my own opinion that (at least for now) the WSC is the only tournament Ronnie is willing to "slog" for. In some ways, the WSC might have turned into Ronnie's best event, both in the sense that he probably wants to win it more than the others, and in the sense that the long matches give him a chance to recover from slow starts and to display his somewhat-new-found ability to fight back from deficits...

Postby Jester82

Andre147 wrote:So for you, Jester, only Trump poses a real challenge? Quite disagree, Selby was a frame away last year from beating him, and like Iranu says all those 4 players have beaten ROS in Finals this season.

Sheffield is a different game and always will be.

Postby Andre147

Jester82 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:So for you, Jester, only Trump poses a real challenge? Quite disagree, Selby was a frame away last year from beating him, and like Iranu says all those 4 players have beaten ROS in Finals this season.

That we agree with and Ronnie seems more determined than ever to win here. But it won't be plain sailing, just like it wasn't last year.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

That we agree with and Ronnie seems more determined than ever to win here. But it won't be plain sailing, just like it wasn't last year.

Did he bring Peters last year?

Postby Prop

mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

I was just wondering the same thing. I don’t think he did, but I could be wrong.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

No he didn't, but he was on the phone with Peters at least 2 or 3 times during the event, and just a phonecall helped clear his mind and focus on the job at hand.

Postby Jester82

Andre147 wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

that's because it's the winter of his career.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

No he didn't, but he was on the phone with Peters at least 2 or 3 times during the event, and just a phonecall helped clear his mind and focus on the job at hand.

He really wants this title. But I believe whatever the outcome it won’t be his mind that decides what happens.

Postby Andre147

Jester82 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

that's because it's the winter of his career.

As you get older you start missing more sitters yes, part of a natural process. But as he's shown, he's clearly good enough to win more titles and keeps reaching Finals, win or lose. I wouldn't be surprised if he kept reaching Finals once he's 50.

Postby Ck147

Er? I was pretty much the only one confident that Robbo would win the TC after everyone else saying Ronnie will win because it's a multi-session match, blah, blah. Robbo has this, as Wildey said earlier there's a different aura about him after that TC win. And don't call me pinkie, there is nothing more insulting :)

Postby PLtheRef

Here is the table after the Opening Day. These tables will appear on each day where there is a result. All 32 predictions went for an O'Sullivan win over Mark Joyce with all but four being either spot on or 1 frame out. 15 people went for a 10-4 victory, hence there is a 15-way tie at the top of the table tonight.

Day 1 Table - 1/31 Matches played
10 - GIARGI 1 - 1
10 - PINK BALL 1 - 1
10 - RUNNING SIDE 1 - 1
10 - IRANU 1 - 1
10 - JUDDERNAUT88 1 - 1
10 - ANDRE147 1 - 1
10 - SUNDAYGIRL 1 - 1
10 - McMANUSFAN 1 - 1
10 - ALEX0PAUL 2WC 1 - 1
10 - SLOWJOE 1 - 1
10 - AIMLESSWANDEER 1 - 1
10 WILDEY 1 - 1
10 THE CLEAVER 1 - 1
10 HAPPY CAMPER 1 - 1
10 PLTHEREF 1 - 1

8 - GALLANTRABBIT 1 - 0
8 - KRAZEEYEKILLA 1 - 0
8 - VODKADIET 1 - 0
8 - SNOOKERFAN 1 - 0
8 - GJ 1 - 0
8 - CHENGDUFAN 1 - 0
8 - MICK745 1 - 0
8 - SHIZZLE ME DIZZLE 1 - 0
8 - THE ABBOTT 1 - 0
8 - STEVEJJ 1 - 0
8 - SAVOMILOSEVIC 1 - 0
8 CLOUD STRIFE 1 - 0
8 MACK501 1 - 0
6 - SIDETRACKED 1 - 0
6 - ERASERHEAD 1 - 0
6 - JOHNNYBRAVO 1 - 0
6 RAPHAEL98 1 - 0

Centuries counter: 3
Qualifiers counter: 0

The Centuries counter will update after each completed match, therefore it only includes centuries in the O'Sullivan v Joyce match.

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:Er? I was pretty much the only one confident that Robbo would win the TC after everyone else saying Ronnie will win because it's a multi-session match, blah, blah. Robbo has this, as Wildey said earlier there's a different aura about him after that TC win. And don't call me pinkie, there is nothing more insulting :)

I'm happy you're confident in your man, I am too in Ronnie.

Let us both hope they meet in the Final.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Er? I was pretty much the only one confident that Robbo would win the TC after everyone else saying Ronnie will win because it's a multi-session match, blah, blah. Robbo has this, as Wildey said earlier there's a different aura about him after that TC win. And don't call me pinkie, there is nothing more insulting :)

I'm happy you're confident in your man, I am too in Ronnie.

Let us both hope they meet in the Final.

My preference would be for a Trump v Robbo final but that can't happen, so Ronnie v Robbo is good with me!

Postby Ck147

I think the Robbo v Trump semi will be the match of the tournament, most centuries, highest break, best play, some crap nervy play, a maxi, just awesome. Hopefully :)

Postby SnookerFan

PLtheRef wrote:Here is the table after the Opening Day. These tables will appear on each day where there is a result. All 32 predictions went for an O'Sullivan win over Mark Joyce with all but four being either spot on or 1 frame out. 15 people went for a 10-4 victory, hence there is a 15-way tie at the top of the table tonight.

Day 1 Table - 1/31 Matches played
10 - GIARGI 1 - 1
10 - PINK BALL 1 - 1
10 - RUNNING SIDE 1 - 1
10 - IRANU 1 - 1
10 - JUDDERNAUT88 1 - 1
10 - ANDRE147 1 - 1
10 - SUNDAYGIRL 1 - 1
10 - McMANUSFAN 1 - 1
10 - ALEX0PAUL 2WC 1 - 1
10 - SLOWJOE 1 - 1
10 - AIMLESSWANDEER 1 - 1
10 WILDEY 1 - 1
10 THE CLEAVER 1 - 1
10 HAPPY CAMPER 1 - 1
10 PLTHEREF 1 - 1

8 - GALLANTRABBIT 1 - 0
8 - KRAZEEYEKILLA 1 - 0
8 - VODKADIET 1 - 0
8 - SNOOKERFAN 1 - 0
8 - GJ 1 - 0
8 - CHENGDUFAN 1 - 0
8 - MICK745 1 - 0
8 - SHIZZLE ME DIZZLE 1 - 0
8 - THE ABBOTT 1 - 0
8 - STEVEJJ 1 - 0
8 - SAVOMILOSEVIC 1 - 0
8 CLOUD STRIFE 1 - 0
8 MACK501 1 - 0
6 - SIDETRACKED 1 - 0
6 - ERASERHEAD 1 - 0
6 - JOHNNYBRAVO 1 - 0
6 RAPHAEL98 1 - 0

Centuries counter: 3
Qualifiers counter: 0

The Centuries counter will update after each completed match, therefore it only includes centuries in the O'Sullivan v Joyce match.

Wild's gonna be snake hissed....