Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Saturday April 17th) Last 32

Postby Andre147

Ronnie WST wrote:
Scooper wrote:Jimmy could still win

Jimmy should never have been given another tour card. Don't like those free ride cards, but if they're handing them out at least give them to a player with a chance of doing something.

Mark Allen was firmly against it.

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:Good stuff from Robbo, nice to see he has maintained his form from the TC. Could this be his year?

Don't get fooled by a good start from Robbo, we all know how this has ended many times.

But better to start well than bad, I guess.

Postby Ronnie WST

Andre147 wrote:
Ronnie WST wrote:I think the semi-final lineup is going to be Ronnie vs Selby and Robertson vs Trump.

Not so sure about Selby, has a tough draw in his quarter.

The only one I can see troubling him is Higgins. Williams hasn't done much lately, and Allen has a poor record at the World Championship.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Good stuff from Robbo, nice to see he has maintained his form from the TC. Could this be his year?

Don't get fooled by a good start from Robbo, we all know how this has ended many times.

I know, but this is his year :)

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I know, but this is his year :)

Robbo v Ronnie Final, that's my ideal one. <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

Andre147 wrote:
Ronnie WST wrote:
Scooper wrote:Jimmy could still win

Jimmy should never have been given another tour card. Don't like those free ride cards, but if they're handing them out at least give them to a player with a chance of doing something.

Mark Allen was firmly against it.

Mark Allen is firmly against the sun coming up every morning :zzz:

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:

Well, he's won the first three frames of the seventy one that he needs to be champion.

Easy for him

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:I take it that the snooker is stillnon BBC 4 tonight?

Yep, starts at 7
Are you going up to Sheffield for any of the matches?

Postby Iranu

Ronnie WST wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Ronnie WST wrote:I think the semi-final lineup is going to be Ronnie vs Selby and Robertson vs Trump.

The only one I can see troubling him is Higgins. Williams hasn't done much lately, and Allen has a poor record at the World Championship.

Williams has won a ranker and has been playing some good stuff since the turn of the year.

Postby Ronnie WST

Iranu wrote:
Ronnie WST wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Williams has won a ranker and has been playing some good stuff since the turn of the year.

Yeah but it was only the Pro Series, which arguably should not be counted as a ranking event. It would be nice to be proved wrong, but I don't see Williams as a threat to Higgins or Selby right now.

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I take it that the snooker is stillnon BBC 4 tonight?

Yep, starts at 7
Are you going up to Sheffield for any of the matches?

Nah, thought I'd wait until I knew it was safe. Might consider where the English Open is this year. If not Bolton or York.

Just depends on the state of the pandemic. Don't fancy all this taking tests and wearing masks either.