Post a reply

Re: The Crucible Countdown !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've stopped caring about The Crucible. Who will win Snooker Island's Most Influental Poster?

Shall we do a poll?

Depends on whether I win or not.

If I don't, I want a recount.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ronnie didn’t outsmart Selby. He outplayed him.

He didn’t try to outsmart him. Selby tried to outsmart Ronnie and failed.

If Selby tried to outsmart Ronnie but failed, then Ronnie outsmarted him. Ronnie made Selby think he had given up. He made Selby think he was not going to try anymore. Selby felt this and did his fist pump. Little did he know Ronnie was saving the best for last and was going to step it up.

It’s not necessarily one or the other. I don’t think Ronnie played hit and hopes in order to make Selby think anything, he just couldn’t be fussed to try to play delicate safeties and have them put back.

Postby mick745

SHIZZLE_ME_DIZZLE wrote:Carter will definitely beat Lisowski. Far too much fight in Carter vs far too much casual play from Lisowski.

Yes i think Carter is slight favourite in this one.

Postby SHIZZLE_ME_DIZZLE

mick745 wrote:
SHIZZLE_ME_DIZZLE wrote:Carter will definitely beat Lisowski. Far too much fight in Carter vs far too much casual play from Lisowski.

Think of a 1981/82 version of Jimmy White and Lisowski is akin to that. Loose as a goose.

Postby TheRocket

Unfortunately Lisowski will probably gift Carter many chances and Carter from what I've seen is scoring pretty well atm.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Doubt that. Lisowski has been playing far better this season and has improved a lot.

Postby James Bentley

mick745 wrote:

Disagree. Lisowski will win this one and it won't even be close.

Postby Juddernaut88

James Bentley wrote:
mick745 wrote:

Hope you're right :)

Postby SHIZZLE_ME_DIZZLE

Juddernaut88 wrote:
James Bentley wrote:
mick745 wrote:

Hope you're right :)

Lisowski will be putty in Carter's hands. He will revel in putting cocky Jack out the exit door.

Postby Juddernaut88

How is Lisowski cocky? Ali Carter is the one that is cocky. Carter has had the better career so far but Jack Lisowski has had the better season. Carter has been completely irrelevant for a year.

Postby mick745

Lisowski has one of the hardest draws and needs to be on his game.

Carter is a seasoned Crucible performer and played very well in qualifying.

Lisowski's record at the crucible is not that great but his game has improved.

It is certainly a very interesting first round match but if you are looking for a seed to fall early it could be here.

Postby Andre147

mick745 wrote:Lisowski has one of the hardest draws and needs to be on his game.

Carter is a seasoned Crucible performer and played very well in qualifying.

Lisowski's record at the crucible is not that great but his game has improved.

It is certainly a very interesting first round match but if you are looking for a seed to fall early it could be here.

I think it will be close, and in the closing stages Jack might start to make more unforced errors, pushing the boat out and presenting Carter with easy chances.

Another one not being mentioned here, but one I expect to lose is Murphy. He's playing Mavis, Mavis himself played so well to win his last qualifying match and Murphy hasn't done anything of note this season.

Postby Running side

Don't see to many shocks in first round, possibly Bingham, Carter and Walden. Be interesting to see how players react to crowds again, especially been at the crucible.

Postby Iranu

Lisowski hasn’t won a multi-session match in three years and from what I can see has only ever won one.

Carter must be slight favourite.

Postby HappyCamper

bookies have lisowski slightly shorter odds. but very marginal.

i'd back carter at evens or above if i were betting person.

Postby SnookerEd25

Not set in stone; if Lisowski hits peak he could do to Carter what he did to Bingham several years back (but will then implode again like he did against Haggis next time out <doh>)

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:How is Lisowski cocky? Ali Carter is the one that is cocky. Carter has had the better career so far but Jack Lisowski has had the better season. Carter has been completely irrelevant for a year.

:goodpost:

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:https://snookerhq.com/2021/04/16/opinion-17-day-world-snooker-championship-too-long/

<doh>

betteridge's law strikes again.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:https://snookerhq.com/2021/04/16/opinion-17-day-world-snooker-championship-too-long/

<doh>

There’s an argument to be made that it’s too long in terms of days, although the frame format is obviously fine.

Having said that I wouldn’t mind the semis being bo31.

Postby Alex0paul

Lisowski last won a multi session match at the 2019 China Open semis 10-1 against Donaldson

Postby Alex0paul

He has beaten Bingham at the Crucible in a multi session match along with wins over Johal, Wattana, Taylor, McLeod, Taubman, White, Keogan, Grace and McManus at the qualifying.

Postby SHIZZLE_ME_DIZZLE

Alex0paul wrote:He has beaten Bingham at the Crucible in a multi session match along with wins over Johal, Wattana, Taylor, McLeod, Taubman, White, Keogan, Grace and McManus at the qualifying.

Gosh, what a list of fabuluous players there.

Carter recycling himself right now no doubt. :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

<doh>

There’s an argument to be made that it’s too long in terms of days, although the frame format is obviously fine.

Having said that I wouldn’t mind the semis being bo31.

There's no argument. It's stupid.

The semis are fine.