Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Saturday April 17th) Last 32

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:Trump's won 5 ranking events this season, but Robertson has won the two biggest ranking events, UK Champs and Tour Champs.

Honestly, I don't know which season I'd rather choose...

I'd probably choose Robbos. UK and Tour Champs is just much bigger than anything Trump has won this season.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Trump's won 5 ranking events this season, but Robertson has won the two biggest ranking events, UK Champs and Tour Champs.

I'd probably choose Robbos. UK and Tour Champs is just much bigger than anything Trump has won this season.

I'm inclined to think the same way.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:

Do those two tournaments mean Robbo’s still ahead of Judd in the GOAT list?

Judd has two more ranking titles but Robbo has two more UKs and a TC which will no doubt be a major if it sticks around. Not to mention two CoCs which is well on its way to being a major imo.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Judd has two more ranking titles but Robbo has two more UKs and a TC which will no doubt be a major if it sticks around. Not to mention two CoCs which is well on its way to being a major imo.

Robbo still ahead, but it might change if Trump starts winning more big titles.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Robbo still ahead, but it might change if Trump starts winning more big titles.

How many titles ahead of Robbo would Judd need to be, if he doesn’t win any more majors, before he jumps ahead of Robbo?

Does his 2 years of dominance count for anything?

Postby Iranu

Judd’s been talking about dress code as we know. But he’s already influenced it. How many players wore crossover bowties before he came to prominence? Now various players wear them.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Judd’s been talking about dress code as we know. But he’s already influenced it. How many players wore crossover bowties before he came to prominence? Now various players wear them.

Yay.

Oh I’m sorry, was that post not interesting to you? Shall I talk about having a rubbish, or having gone to the shops, or which device I’m watching on?

:grrr:

Postby TheRocket

tough to say who is ahead, Trump or Robertson. I think the way Trump has won his titles has probably been more impressive. Particularly his display in the Masters and World final 2019.

But Robertson has definitely won more of the bigger titles. Tour Champs, CoC twice, two more UK's than Trump.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Judd’s been talking about dress code as we know. But he’s already influenced it. How many players wore crossover bowties before he came to prominence? Now various players wear them.

Yay.

Oh I’m sorry, was that post not interesting to you? Shall I talk about having a rubbish, or having gone to the shops, or which device I’m watching on?

:grrr:

Probably best that you just don't talk at all.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Probably best that you just don't talk at all.

:-(

I'm sorry.

I think being World Number One went to my head.

You acted more like a Number Two :-(