Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Saturday April 17th) Last 32

Postby hendry_fan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Come on Mark and Liang!

Braw of you to give Mark a "Come on!" Lord Juddie!. :clap:

But,i,m disappointed you didnae give Mags one,or did you forget!. :chin: :-)

Before the draw took place,i had a feelin that MJ would get Ronnie.

My Come on,s! for tomorrows matches are for,......

Mags.

Robbo.

Yan.

I aint really bovered who wins in the Gilbert/Wakelin match.

And last but not least,a verrry BIG COMMMMME ONNNNNNNN!!!!!!,i,m givin MJ!!!!!.

COMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNN MARK!,MAKE YOUR MUM LIKE YOU EVEN MORE!,AND FILL MANY HEARTS FUUULLLLLL OF JOYCE!,BY SENDING RONALD PACKING!!!!!. :happy: :party: :cracker: :excited: :-D

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:I hope Ronnie will play ok in order to have a chance at another title, but I ain't very optimistic, his game hasn't been in great shape this season. :-(

When are you optimistic? You're like MDG mate.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:24 hours time until the forum erupts after Mark Joyce sensationally wins 10-8 from 8-4 down

Nothing will beat Cahill beating Ronnie two years ago, even if Joyce somehow won this one.

Postby The_Abbott

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:24 hours time until the forum erupts after Mark Joyce sensationally wins 10-8 from 8-4 down

Nothing will beat Cahill beating Ronnie two years ago, even if Joyce somehow won this one.

Ronnie had red eyes and yawned a lot in that match. The signs of a defeat were there.

Postby Andre147

The_Abbott wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Ronnie had red eyes and yawned a lot in that match. The signs of a defeat were there.

Even with that, he should have won pretty easily, Cahill needed about 3 or 4 chances every frame. But Ronnie has this habit, once he loses first round, he goes to win it next year. Maybe he should lose to Joyce and then win it next year! rofl

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:Even with that, he should have won pretty easily, Cahill needed about 3 or 4 chances every frame. But Ronnie has this habit, once he loses first round, he goes to win it next year. Maybe he should lose to Joyce and then win it next year! rofl

Ronnie also has a recent habit of winning 2 in a row...

Postby Andre147

Ronnie's results as defending champ:

2002: losing semi-finalist v Hendry
2005: losing quarter-finalist v Ebdon
2009: losing 2nd round v Allen
2013: Winner!
2014: losing finalist v Selby

So in fairness, 2009 excluded, he usually goes deep as defending champ.

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Even with that, he should have won pretty easily, Cahill needed about 3 or 4 chances every frame. But Ronnie has this habit, once he loses first round, he goes to win it next year. Maybe he should lose to Joyce and then win it next year! rofl

Ronnie also has a recent habit of winning 2 in a row...

He only did it once, hardly a habit.

After losing first round, he won the title a total 3 times, so that's a habit.

Postby Juddernaut88

When was the last time Ronnie didn't win anything in a season? I know there have been a few seasons where he didn't win a ranking event e.g. 2005/2006, 2006/2007 and 2016/2017 but he won the premier league in 2005/2006 and the Masters in 2006/2007 and 2016/2017. I literally cannot remember the last time he had a trophyless season, or maybe he never has with the exception of his first professional season.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:When was the last time Ronnie didn't win anything in a season? I know there have been a few seasons where he didn't win a ranking event e.g. 2005/2006, 2006/2007 and 2016/2017 but he won the premier league in 2005/2006 and the Masters in 2006/2007 and 2016/2017. I literally cannot remember the last time he had a trophyless season, or maybe he never has with the exception of his first professional season.

Good question, struggling to remember. Even in his worst years between 2010-2011 he won the Premier League. Maybe it would be his first since turning pro, which speaks volumes about how much he's won, even Higgins and MJW have had seasons when both didn't win anything.

Postby Juddernaut88

Andre147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:When was the last time Ronnie didn't win anything in a season? I know there have been a few seasons where he didn't win a ranking event e.g. 2005/2006, 2006/2007 and 2016/2017 but he won the premier league in 2005/2006 and the Masters in 2006/2007 and 2016/2017. I literally cannot remember the last time he had a trophyless season, or maybe he never has with the exception of his first professional season.

Good question, struggling to remember. Even in his worst years between 2010-2011 he won the Premier League. Maybe it would be his first since turning pro, which speaks volumes about how much he's won, even Higgins and MJW have had seasons when both didn't win anything.

Some people have said things about Robertson winning a title for 14-15 seasons in a row but I get the feeling Ronnie has done that for 20+ which should be discussed more.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Some people have said things about Robertson winning a title for 14-15 seasons in a row but I get the feeling Ronnie has done that for 20+ which should be discussed more.

Exactly, and it isn't. It's quite incredible the longevity of the man, and like D4P says he's some sort of title since he turned pro, but I guess this is counted in years and not seasons, not sure...

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:I meant that Ronnie has won an event in every season of his career so far. They weren't all "big" events, of course...

Even Robbo won a couple of PTC events in this 14-15 year period.

So yeah,, this would be Ronnie's first season since turning pro without some sort of title. Just crazy!