Post a reply

Judgement Day

Postby SnookerFan

https://wst.tv/judgement-day-to-be-broa ... d-youtube/

For some stupid reason, I've never watched the You Tube coverage of Judgement Day. I don't know why, just never seemed to have got round to it or whatever. I'll rectify that this year.

What's it like? You don't get to sit down and watch the whole matches live, do you? You get Rob Walker and mates chatting, showing highlights and interviewing people innit? Supposed to be really good, though my natural preference is to choose and match and stick to it live. Sounds a bit like Soccer Saturday. <laugh>

I'll be working during the day. Hope to catch some of the evenings stuff tomorrow and Wednesday.

Re: Judgement Day

Postby SnookerEd25

It’s very highly thought of, but not really my cup of tea. Like you, I prefer to watch matches (or at least frames) in their entirety; ‘Judgement Day’ on YouTube for me works best if you have it on in the background and are getting on with other things, like work.

But each to their own. I’ll be interested to hear how you get on with it.

Postby SnookerFan

Since updating my Virgin Media box a couple of years ago, I get You Tube built into my TV package. So will give it a go.

I'll leave a comprehensive review.

Postby SnookerEd25

Just see you do <ok>

Postby Andre147

Judgement Day is great to watch, but I always tend to have one main match as my main focus of attention.

But I enjoy Foulds and Walker coverage of it.

Postby HappyCamper

Apparently it's Doherty and Walker this year.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:Apparently it's Doherty and Walker this year.

Does that mean it's going to be rubbish?

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Judgement Day is great to watch, but I always tend to have one main match as my main focus of attention.

So, putting it on my telly and watching several hours of it isn't advised?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Judgement Day is great to watch, but I always tend to have one main match as my main focus of attention.

How much do you like Rob Walker taking about biscuits?

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

How much do you like Rob Walker taking about biscuits?

I guess I'll find out.

Postby ImSnookered

Personally it’s my favourite day/s of the Snooker year outside of the actual World Championship, If they do it the same way they did in 2019 then there is Something very unique about it with the table hopping and showing important parts of every match, Rob Walker interviews every winner after their match too, As it’s such a relief to qualify especially for the first timers and because it is literally a minute after they win the interviews tend to have a lot of raw emotion from the players.

Hopefully they don’t follow last years model and just show 2 tables.

I believe 2018 & 2019s Judgment Day are still on the WST YouTube channel so if you want some idea of what it involves then check in out.

Postby Iranu

ImSnookered wrote:Personally it’s my favourite day/s of the Snooker year outside of the actual World Championship, If they do it the same way they did in 2019 then there is Something very unique about it with the table hopping and showing important parts of every match, Rob Walker interviews every winner after their match too, As it’s such a relief to qualify especially for the first timers and because it is literally a minute after they win the interviews tend to have a lot of raw emotion from the players.

Hopefully they don’t follow last years model and just show 2 tables.

I believe 2018 & 2019s Judgment Day are still on the WST YouTube channel so if you want some idea of what it involves then check in out.

From what I understand, Eurosport will feature two tables with the usual comms, and Rob Walker and Ken Doherty will separately do the roaming coverage that was done prior to last year.

I’m pretty sure Hendon said this would also be on Eurosport Player but I’m not 100% sure.

Postby SnookerFan

I just cancelled my Prime Free Trial.

I'll give YouTube a go with an open mind. (Tomorrow night, at work.)

Postby eraserhead

Ken instead of Foulds :td:

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I thought it was great in 2017, even before the memorable O'Brien-Gilbert decider. Haven't seen much of it since as the sessions are on very early in the evening. For this year it's 5pm so I might not see any of it.

At the weekend I was watch Amen Corner from the golf Masters live on youtube. It would be good to try something like that with a tournament during the season, covering the matches not shown by the main broadcaster.

Postby cupotee

i remember the robert milkins interview where he told walker that he couldnt get home and had to buy new pants

Postby motorhead

Judgement day in the background and then focusing on a couple of matches, likley: Davis-Clarke, Haotian-Chan, Milkins-Maflin.

Postby SnookerEd25

Scientists have proven that there is only just so much RobWalker that any human being can be expected to endure.

I’ve got a feeling my RobWalker tether may be coming to an end over the next two weeks.

MUST RATION CAREFULLLY

Postby SnookerFan

Rob Walker's alright.

When you see an MC do his job badly, you realise how good Rob Walker is at it.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Rob Walker's alright.

When you see an MC do his job badly, you realise how good Rob Walker is at it.

I go way back. They’re all pretty bad compared to the Godfather, Alan Hughes :bowdown:

Admittedly, most far worse than Walker; I just find his jocular matey-ness just a bit much at times, like a new stepfather trying too hard to get you to like him...

Postby asustitan

I always like when Rob Walker interviews Ronnie, their personalities clash so much. Rob tries to get Ronnie acknowledge something positive and Ronnie just shoots him down.

Postby SnookerFan

I know what you mean. He can come across like he's trying to bad laddy to much sometimes. Referring to "The Cruce" and stuff like that.

His MC-ing and pre-match stuff for the crowd is good though.

Chatted to me in a bar once too.

Postby Running side

He's just read a text comparing him and ken with Jeff Stelling and Paul Merson, saying to Ken how do you feel about the comparison to Mers,Ken abruptly said mers was fat and wears glasses, probably wanting to say and alcoholic.

Postby Andre147

asustitan wrote:I always like when Rob Walker interviews Ronnie, their personalities clash so much. Rob tries to get Ronnie acknowledge something positive and Ronnie just shoots him down.

Welcome to the Forum first of all!

And you're right, very rarely does Walker make Ronnie say something positive about himself, unless of course Ronnie has won the tournament.

Postby SnookerFan

asustitan wrote:I always like when Rob Walker interviews Ronnie, their personalities clash so much. Rob tries to get Ronnie acknowledge something positive and Ronnie just shoots him down.

:welcome:

Postby SnookerFan

I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would. Cutting between matches seemed such a turd idea.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would. Cutting between matches seemed such a turd idea.

Nah it’s fun. I guess you can’t put the one match on your tablet if you don’t have ESP anymore?

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would. Cutting between matches seemed such a turd idea.

Nah it’s fun. I guess you can’t put the one match on your tablet if you don’t have ESP anymore?

Nah, that's the thing.

I don't feel as involved in the second session of best of 19 unless I saw the start anyway.