Post a reply

Cazoo Tour Championship Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 22nd ~ Sunday 28th of March at The Celtic Manor Resort, Newport, Wales

These two have made a habit of playing in the ITV Tournaments Finals so its Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Neil Robertso again.

7th time they have played in multi session matches and Neil yet to beat Ronnie O'Sullivan can he this time?

DRAW

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Robertson

Click for Head to Heads

Overall O'Sullivan leads 18-9
Main Tournaments O'Sullivan leads 13-7
Multi Session Matches O'Sullivan leads 6-0
Finals O'Sullivan leads 3-2

ORDER OF PLAY

(Available in territories not covered by TV Coverage)

Re: Cazoo Tour Championship Final !!!

Postby 1892

Hope Ronnie wins, but Robbo looks good this week and Ronnie hasn’t set the world alight in finals this season. 3 finals in a row for Ronnie.

If Robbo does win then I have no complaints, really hope one of these two wins the WC.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:that multi session H2H still amazes me. But based on what I saw in this tournament and level of play I make Robbo a slight favourite.

Me too, but hope Ron can win his first final of the season.

Postby Acé

Rooting for Ronnie (would suck to lose a 5th final) but Robertson is the fav

Ronnie will have to increase his mid range potting during normal passage of play to have a chance, he was so far out of range with mid-range shots he was missing by a mile, altho Barry's safety was great but he can't leave it until he's got nothing to lose to start getting them in

Postby TheRocket

Top4 meetings this season in the proper events.

Judd-Ronnie (2x)
Ronnie-Selby (1x)
Ronnie-Robbo (1x)
Selby-Robbo (4x)
Judd-Robbo (2x)

Of course its only Judd vs Selby again which doesnt happen.

Postby Raphael98

What a final we have in our hands! Simply put, the result could go either way, and it can also go all the way (10-8 or 10-9), don't you think? And to be fair, I do not have anyone as a favourite, despite the head to head.

Postby Acé

For any Blade Runner fans here I've watched the original couple of times and loved it, is Blade Runner 2049 worth a watch?

I dread watching Hollywood remakes or current Hollywood sequels
Last edited by Acé on 28 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Pink Ball

That was a fine clearance by O'Sullivan from 0-47 in frame 17, but Hawkins was the author of his own downfall tonight. That was a long way from the way that O'Sullivan went ballistic against Selby.

A very good match, though, definitely the best of the tournament. I was rooting for Hawkins as he looked like a man on a mission today and was solid as a rock until he got right to the edge. Then it unravelled.

Postby Georgi1914

Acé wrote:For any Blade Runner fans here I've watched the original couple of times and loved it, is Blade Runner 2049 worth a watch?

It is defintely worth a watch in my opinion!

Postby Andre147

Ronnie has made some incredible comebacks lately, Selby like in his prime. 3-0 down, 7-5 and 9-6 down. I feel very sorry for Barry, but that's sport I suppose, and Ronnie has lost himself many matches from well in front, not least against Selby, and from 9-6 up at the 2010 Masters.

Tomorrow a different day, and Ronnie could come out all guns blazzing, I think he needs to, Neil seems in very good form and wants to put that h2h right in multi-session matches.

Postby Acé

Georgi1914 wrote:
Acé wrote:For any Blade Runner fans here I've watched the original couple of times and loved it, is Blade Runner 2049 worth a watch?

Postby TheRocket

WC last 16 if seeds win their match. If Robbo wins he'd move to bottom half and Selby to top. That second quarter of the top half is killer.

ROS-McGill
Ding-Maguire
Higgins-Williams
Allen-Robbo/Selby

Selby/Robbo-Lisowski
Hawkins-Wilson
Murphy-Bingtao
Trump-Gilbert

Postby Andre147

There's always a killer section of the draw at the Worlds, and that one with Higgins, MJW, Allen and either Robbo or Selby is the one.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie losing a 5th ranking event Final on the same season would set a record, but even if he does I think his game is in good enough shape to have a real crack at defending his world title.

And losing to someone like Robbo playing well is no disgrace. Losing to Jordan Brown was bad though. But hopefully tonight's match was the inspiration he needed for tomorrow.

Postby HappyCamper

it's really good. denis villenueve is a fantastic director.

Postby D4P

If Neil were to win tomorrow, Ronnie would have lost one final this season to each member of snooker's Big Five (i.e. Trump, Selby, Higgins, Robertson, and Brown).

Postby Ck147

Georgi1914 wrote:

Yes, agree, was thinking about watching it again soon

Postby Ck147

D4P wrote:If Neil were to win tomorrow, Ronnie would have lost one final this season to each member of snooker's Big Five (i.e. Trump, Selby, Higgins, Robertson, and Brown).

Lol

Postby Ck147

Dan-cat wrote:Another Sunday, another Ronnieday. When lockdown goes good

You meant Robboday, but otherwise agree...should be a good day :-)
Last edited by Ck147 on 28 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.