Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Tour Championship Final !!!

Postby Bluestraw

SnookerFan wrote:Welcome to the forum, by the way. :D

Thanks! Long-time lurker here, just never gotten round to registering... Major snooker fan and somewhat obsessed supporter of a certain RoS.....

(sorry for going off-topic - will shut up now!)

Postby HustleKing

Missed most of the final due to being busy but was delighted to see Robbo's victory lap century in the final frame.

What this does for Ronnie before the WC could be very negative indeed

Postby Ck147

HustleKing wrote:Missed most of the final due to being busy but was delighted to see Robbo's victory lap century in the final frame.

The evening session was the "Robbo Show", absolutely awesome performance, but would have preferred a continuation of the afternoon session with Robbo still winning 10-9 or 10-8 obviously! Don't think it will affect Ronnie too much, he was gracious about it, totally accepted what he was on the receiving end of, think he still has a better chance in the WC than Robbo if I'm being honest.

Postby Juddernaut88

Ck147 wrote:
HustleKing wrote:Missed most of the final due to being busy but was delighted to see Robbo's victory lap century in the final frame.

The evening session was the "Robbo Show", absolutely awesome performance, but would have preferred a continuation of the afternoon session with Robbo still winning 10-9 or 10-8 obviously! Don't think it will affect Ronnie too much, he was gracious about it, totally accepted what he was on the receiving end of, think he still has a better chance in the WC than Robbo if I'm being honest.

Would you really have preferred it to have been a closer match? wouldn't you have felt a little nervous at all if it was very close?

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Would you really have preferred it to have been a closer match? wouldn't you have felt a little nervous at all if it was very close?

Yep, I like the drama and excitement...makes me feel alive :)

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:

Trump, Ronnie, Selby and Higgins are above Robertson in terms of the favourites, but I'd actually like Robertson to go far this year for once. Only once has he reached far in the Worlds since becoming world champ, which is a bit of a joke considering how good he is.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:Trump, Ronnie, Selby and Higgins are above Robertson in terms of the favourites, but I'd actually like Robertson to go far this year for once. Only once has he reached far in the Worlds since becoming world champ, which is a bit of a joke considering how good he is.

It was posted elsewhere that the Crucible is a bad fit for Neil because he likes a lot of space around the table to review the available shots and such, which isn't available for him at the Crucible because of how cramped it is...

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Trump, Ronnie, Selby and Higgins are above Robertson in terms of the favourites, but I'd actually like Robertson to go far this year for once. Only once has he reached far in the Worlds since becoming world champ, which is a bit of a joke considering how good he is.

It was posted elsewhere that the Crucible is a bad fit for Neil because he likes a lot of space around the table to review the available shots and such, which isn't available for him at the Crucible because of how cramped it is...

More often than not, overanalysing only hinders his game, he plays his best when being fluent, like he was most of the Tour Champs.

If he goes Phytagoras mode like in most of his WC losses, then I've seen it before, and he loses, simple as that.

Postby Andre147

Bluestraw wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Welcome to the forum, by the way. :D

Thanks! Long-time lurker here, just never gotten round to registering... Major snooker fan and somewhat obsessed supporter of a certain RoS.....

(sorry for going off-topic - will shut up now!)

Welcome mate!

Same as me, and I bet many of us here. Long time lurker before I joined in 2011, almost 10 years ago!

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Trump, Ronnie, Selby and Higgins are above Robertson in terms of the favourites, but I'd actually like Robertson to go far this year for once. Only once has he reached far in the Worlds since becoming world champ, which is a bit of a joke considering how good he is.

Not going to argue with that mate!

Postby Dan-cat

D4P wrote:

He should try playing in my old pub the Royal Oak you couldnt shoot from one corner of the table

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
D4P wrote:

He should try playing in my old pub the Royal Oak you couldnt shoot from one corner of the table

I hear The Royal Oak is quite keen to host a ranking event post-lockdown.

Postby HappyCamper

BringBackTonyDrago wrote:Someone said that Robertson will move to number 3 after winning the tournament but he still seems to be number
Four on the latest EOS rankings. 120k in two year list and 20k behind in one year list ? Maybe not updated yet ?

He is number three in the current rankings, updated after the TV and used for crucible seedings.

He is provisional fourth for end of season. End of season rankings will have reduced his total for the 50k won at the 2018 WSC. Selby lost in the 2nd round and earned fewer points, hence the swing.

Postby Johnny Bravo

That is very weird.
Peak Robbo is so much better than the boring grinder Selbo, yet Selbo has 2 extra WC, and is viewed as being greater, which is not a fair reflection of reality.