Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Tour Championship Semi Finals !!!

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:YES!!!!

Told you, Barry might start to get twicthy, but boy Ronnie deserved this, that clçearance he made, when he was 40+ minutes without potting a ball has to be amongst his Top 10.

GET IN THERE!!!

All the years I’ve been watching him and he still never ceases to amaze.

Postby TheRocket

thing is he is getting to finals playing his B-game and when you face a topplayer who is in topform you're in trouble. Thats why the only final loss that really hurt this season was the one against Brown.

Against Selby and Higgins he lost by big margin and against Trump he was always chasing. Hope he can match Robbo tomorrow.
Last edited by TheRocket on 27 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:thing is he is getting to finals playing his B-game and when you face a topplayer who is in topform you're in trouble. Thats why the only final loss that really hurt this season was the one against Brown.

Against Selby and Higgins he lost by big margin and against Trump he was always chasing. Hope he can match Robbo tomorrow.

And this is the only reason why I have my doubts regarding tomorrow's final.

But he's playing someone he has a good h2h, and never won a multi.session match against him. There's always a first time, could it be tomorrow? Hope not, but I won't be devastated if Ronnie loses a 5th final.

Postby Iranu

buck the UK for not having two-session semis.

If it’s a demolition it doesn’t matter whether it’s one or two sessions but look how much more dramatic a decider is after two sessions.

Postby LC

Shocked but kind of not shocked that Barry came up short again, I thought he played superb at times and with the win over trump might have gave him the belief that he could win big tournaments, then it went wrong again! Is he just unlucky in the big moments or is he a choker?

Postby Acé

Barry should've won at 10-6 he was the better player on the day but big time match play from ROS, that clearance was unreal and that red he took on in the last frame was similar to the yellow he took on vs Judd at 2019, I love matches like these when you get those INSANE shots that you remember

Robertson took an insane brown to keep himself alive in the UK champs last year vs Judd and deserved to win after

big time, big points, big match play

what a match now he better win the final

Postby 1892

LC wrote:Shocked but kind of not shocked that Barry came up short again, I thought he played superb at times and with the win over trump might have gave him the belief that he could win big tournaments, then it went wrong again! Is he just unlucky in the big moments or is he a choker?

Choker I think.

Completely bottled the German Masters semi v Judd and could have quite easily choked the other night if Judd hadn’t counter choked.

Postby Andre147

Acé wrote:Barry should've won at 10-6 he was the better player on the day but big time match play from ROS, that clearance was unreal and that red he took on in the last frame was similar to the yellow he took on vs Judd at 2019, I love matches like these when you get those INSANE shots that you remember

Robertson took an insane brown to keep himself alive in the UK champs last year vs Judd and deserved to win after

big time, big points, big match play

what a match now he better win the final

Yes, the 4th last red in this decider was similar to that yellow here in 2019. Both shots had to be cued so well, and boy did Ronnie deliver.

Need to watch that amazing clearance again though. Ronnie was 40+ minutes without potting, and then produces a moment of magic. Given the situation, I put that in his Top 10 clearances of all time.

Postby TheRocket

LC wrote:Shocked but kind of not shocked that Barry came up short again, I thought he played superb at times and with the win over trump might have gave him the belief that he could win big tournaments, then it went wrong again! Is he just unlucky in the big moments or is he a choker?

Not really unlucky today. He definitely had like 3 clear cut chances. The red he missed to win 10:6. Then he also had two good chances to clear from behind when the balls were in good position.

Postby Andre147

Someone might know the answer, but Ronnie has won a lot of 10-9 matches. He obviously lost two Masters Finals by that score, but he's won many matches 10-9.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:Someone might know the answer, but Ronnie has won a lot of 10-9 matches. He obviously lost two Masters Finals by that score, but he's won many matches 10-9.

5 matches he won 10:9 I think. Irish Masters final 2003, WC 2005 1st round, Uk final 2014, Tour Champs semis 2019 , Tour Champs semis 2021.

Or 6. Forgot the CoC final 2018

Postby Pink Ball

That was a fine clearance by O'Sullivan from 0-47 in frame 17, but Hawkins was the author of his own downfall tonight. That was a long way from the way that O'Sullivan went ballistic against Selby.

A very good match, though, definitely the best of the tournament. I was rooting for Hawkins as he looked like a man on a mission today and was solid as a rock until he got right to the edge. Then it unravelled.

Postby D4P

Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Did anybody see that Harley Quinn cartoon that was on E4 last year?

I did yes :) do you know if there's another season out soon?

Season two aired last year in the US so it should be here soon if not already.

It's a fantastic show. One of my favorites. The character "Bane" is brilliant.

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:How Ronnie started that amazing clearance, without potting a ball for more than 40 minutes! Man's a legend! :hatoff: :-D :hatoff:

Brilliant!

I’m wataching it again as we speak. I mentioned it last night, but he played that break at the same pace he would with the black on the spot and reds in the middle of the table. No hesitancy, just worked it out immediately. People talk about him being ‘fast’ but for me 90% of that speed is in his brain. Quite amazing, JV.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Prop wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:How Ronnie started that amazing clearance, without potting a ball for more than 40 minutes! Man's a legend! :hatoff: :-D :hatoff:

Brilliant!

I’m wataching it again as we speak. I mentioned it last night, but he played that break at the same pace he would with the black on the spot and reds in the middle of the table. No hesitancy, just worked it out immediately. People talk about him being ‘fast’ but for me 90% of that speed is in his brain. Quite amazing, JV.

He's a genius.