Post a reply

Cazoo Tour Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 22nd ~ Sunday 28th of March at The Celtic Manor Resort, Newport, Wales

In its 3rd year won by Ronnie O'Sullivan in 2019 and Stephen Maguire in 2020.

Stephen Maguire wont be there to defend his title having had a poor season but after missing out last year Ronnie O'Sullivan will be the only previous winner in the event.

Judd Trump going for his 6th ranking title of the season for the second year in a row but there are plenty of quality there to stop him.

Who will reach the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals
Judd Trump v Barry Hawkins Trump leads 14-10
John Higgins v Ronnie O’Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 37-31
---------------------------------------------------------
Neil Robertson v Jack Lisowski Robertson leads 8-1
Mark Selby v Kyren Wilson Selby leads 13-3

ORDER OF PLAY

(Available in territories not covered by TV Coverage)

Re: Cazoo Tour Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Somehow only Higgins vs Ronnie excites me.

In contrast, im watching WST Pro series and that excites me more than Higgins v Ronnie.

Back in the day it was a great tie im just so over it now.

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:

In contrast, im watching WST Pro series and that excites me more than Higgins v Ronnie.

Its still a great rivalry but its a fair point that the pinnacle of the Ronnie-Higgins rivalry was between early 90's and late 00's. Since late 00's the Ronnie-Selby rivalry has taken over.

Postby orky

Higgins O Sullivan has been a phenomenal rivalry and Higgins is one of the few players who can handle O Sullivan and get under his skin. These two have elevated each other's standards over the last 25+ years.

Postby SnookerEd25

I think these all look pretty tasty. Hawkins has shown better form of late, and may be in the mood to throw the Beast at Judd. Robertson has been poor since the UK, whereas Lisowski has been pretty good in the same span - the longer distance makes this 50/50. Wilson-Selby could go all the way too.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Its still a great rivalry but its a fair point that the pinnacle of the Ronnie-Higgins rivalry was between early 90's and late 00's. Since late 00's the Ronnie-Selby rivalry has taken over.

Judd v Ronnie

Ronnie v Selby
Judd v Higgins
Judd v Robbo
Selby v Higgins
Ronnie v Robbo
Selby v Robbo

those are the great rivalries in Snooker today

Postby orky

Agree with Wildey apart from Higgins Trump. Not sure that's a proper rivalry anymore - by that I mean being unsure of the winner before the match starts. Trump has now turned it around against Higgins, a combination of Higgins being passed his prime and Judd's all round game improving beyond recognition over the last 2+ years or so. Though you can never write Higgins off!

Postby Andre147

orky wrote:Can someone kindly post order of play on here, link not working properly thanks

Only thing I know is Ronnie v Higgins is tomorrow, 1pm and 7pm, ITV4, ES Player and Matchroom.Live.

Postby Juddernaut88

Dave Hendon put the schedule on Twitter:
Tour Championship schedule:
Mon: John Higgins v Ronnie O'Sullivan
Tue: Neil Robertson v Jack Lisowski
Wed: Mark Selby v Kyren Wilson
Thu: Judd Trump v Barry Hawkins

Postby Andre147

So ROS v Higgins to start procedings.

Hope Ronnie shows up and plays well, doesn't give up on the tactical exchanges like he did after the 2nd frame of their last match.

Postby Juddernaut88

The last 3 meetings between Judd Trump and Barry Hawkins in ranking events (excluding any Championship league meetings) have all gone to a decider with Judd winning them all.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:The last 3 meetings between Judd Trump and Barry Hawkins in ranking events (excluding any Championship league meetings) have all gone to a decider with Judd winning them all.

Barry's recent choke from 5-1 up might still be fresh on his memory, I very much doubt he can win this one.

Postby LDS

SnookerFan wrote:Crucible top-16 confirmed.

https://snookerhq.com/2021/03/22/top-16 ... mpionship/

Remind me what McGill has done to be in the top-16.

How quickly you forget.

He was in the semi final of the WSC last year.

It doesn't take too much understanding to realise that the big reward for doing well in the WSC is to practically guarantee being there again for next year's event. It makes sense both morally and statistically.

Gary Wilson's and Dave Gilbert's semi-final WSC runs come off after the WSC & while Wilson couldn't make his run last 2 years, Gilbert is again in the seeds... just, but he too will be plummeting without a good showing.

It's a real tight pack in that 220-230k area with barely a single match-win in almost any event separating the field. the no.16 spot was really up for grabs this season:

15. Gilbert 232.5k
16. McGill 227k
17. Yuelong 222.75k

Zhou will be sorely disappointed he didn't beat Hossein Vafaei in the first round of the WGP, a match he lost 4-3, for example. That would have given him 7.5k ranking points...

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
LDS wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Crucible top-16 confirmed.

https://snookerhq.com/2021/03/22/top-16 ... mpionship/

Remind me what McGill has done to be in the top-16.

How quickly you forget.

He was in the semi final of the WSC last year.

Oh yeah.

rofl rofl rofl

It's my old age.

It's not like that match had any memorable frames or anything.

Postby Running side

Interesting to see if Higgins can keep his high standards going, if not i expect Ronnie to be good enough in a best of 19. He seamed a bit spooked how well Higgins played before their final, so not having to watch him play super snooker should help, Ronnie always performs when the prize pot increases.